Leaving early - an apology

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Leaving early - an apology

by brendywendy » 14 May 2009 16:30

royalexile It was kind of like a car crash and we were all rubberneckers. :cry:

i enjoyed it!
got to say my good-byes to brynn and the likes

even clapped burnley fans-they deserved it just for selling their allocations for both games

ROFLFC

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 14 May 2009 16:34

That went through my mind too. It wasn't a comfortable experience watching... probably wasn't that nice an experience to be playing for Reading either though.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 14 May 2009 16:39

Mad Dog's Ghost No worries. I'm an ST holder and didn't bother going. Really couldn't do another away fans' party at the Mad.

Don't worry mate I did the same thing. ST holder for over 20 years, but what was the point of buying a ticket knowing you were going to lose and listen to another set of fans celebrate. Added to that I might of been slapped for booing Coppell.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 May 2009 16:41

have.

since you "knew" we wouldnt win, and therefore wouldnt go up, and hed leave
did you not want to say thanks to the man, or at least his players that gave you so much enjoyment for those two glorious years, that 3 years ago we all thought would never have happened?

Derbyshire Royal

by Derbyshire Royal » 14 May 2009 16:53

I watched on telly and I left early too. Switched it off and went to the pub instead to drown my sorrows.

The pub was full of blades fans...feck it

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 14 May 2009 17:01

I vote that this is the best term used EVER! :P

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 14 May 2009 17:36

westongeezer

I vote that this is the best term used EVER! :P

In fact i would go so far to say it should be used in all HNA threads from now on.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 14 May 2009 19:07

Haven't seen an exodus like that since the Brizzle Rewvers mauling in 1999. Entirely understandable on both occassions.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 May 2009 19:27

Man Friday I apologise - I am guilty of hypocrisy. After spending years criticising people for leaving matches early I left 10 minutes before the end on Tuesday. I really couldn't stand it anymore having seen over and over again us dominate, then concede and then go to pieces. It was just one match too far to bear. I suspect the thousands who failed to fill the ground had had enough before this match. In addition, I couldn’t stand watching a second club in only nine days celebrate their success (at our expense). For me, I just couldn’t take any more. anyway, poor show on my part. I hope I never do this again. My son wasn't impressed.

Ahhh, that's better - I feel better for my confession and for having got that off my chest.
sorry, I can trump this.

I left 30 minutes early.

Only the second time since 1973 have i done this.

The game? No, it was great (especially the first half)

The 0-2 scoreline?, No, I have clapped the players off following 0-6 defeats

Impending failure? No, been there done that

Mike Riley? YES, he worsens each time that I see him, and yet again, his total lack of awareness and the operation of the football law book finished me right off . A real disgrace to his profession, and spoilt what was otherwise a grand occasion for both teams. ( I hear from folk that endured him better than I ever could, he got no better)

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 14 May 2009 19:31

I stayed about 25mins after the final whistle. I almost left early but I couldn't do it, and then decided I might as well hang about the stadium than sit in traffic, and so watched the players fo their lap of honour and gave everyone a good clap. And then drove pretty much straight out.

royalguy

by royalguy » 14 May 2009 19:34

Should have stayed you missed quite an amusing Burnely pitch invader.........just kidding was pretty tempted to go after the second goal myself but in the end decided to stay. Would not of blamed anyone for going.

dan19

by dan19 » 14 May 2009 19:35

I went to congratulate the team...then got a caution...

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 14 May 2009 19:39

J50 No problem. I apologise for giving some people the L loser sign over the divide and for waving goodbye to the fans that left after our second goal... :lol:

Do you not have your own forum to talk rubbish on or hasn't t'internet reached oop north yet!

Let us wallow in our own self pity!

Warfield North Stand

by Warfield North Stand » 15 May 2009 10:49

I walked down the stairs straight after the 2nd goal. Row EE,B17,North, Just sitting to the right of Hugo. I actually was going for a piss but as I got to the bottom of the stairs I started getting abuse of some retard about what a shit fan I was etc. So I told him to oxf*rd off and because of said retard, I couldn't be arsed with going back up so amused myself by by nicking some beer.

I have been watching Reading for 20 years, the last 7 as a ST holder. If I want to leave I will. If you want to sit in your seat banging your clapper thing singing blarmy blarmy then fine. I don't give a oxf*rd. But keep your spotty faced plastic opinions out of my face. If you are listning that is.
Now, on with the cricket...

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 15 May 2009 11:31

To paraphrase a well known nobber

2-0 down, back into town.

TheMightyRoyal

by TheMightyRoyal » 15 May 2009 11:34

well said Warfield Royal, glad you got that off your chest/man boobs

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 15 May 2009 12:00

Warfield North Stand I walked down the stairs straight after the 2nd goal. Row EE,B17,North, Just sitting to the right of Hugo. I actually was going for a piss but as I got to the bottom of the stairs I started getting abuse of some retard about what a shit fan I was etc. So I told him to oxf*rd off and because of said retard, I couldn't be arsed with going back up so amused myself by by nicking some beer.

I have been watching Reading for 20 years, the last 7 as a ST holder. If I want to leave I will. If you want to sit in your seat banging your clapper thing singing blarmy blarmy then fine. I don't give a oxf*rd. But keep your spotty faced plastic opinions out of my face. If you are listning that is.
Now, on with the cricket...

^^^ agreed
This has happened to me several times in the North stand.Oppo scores,oppo celebrate,do I want to watch that? Do I oxf*rd,so I go for a piss,calls of plastic,part time supporter always use the same reply as you,oxf*rd off you oxf*rd.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 15 May 2009 12:01

Huntley & Palmer To paraphrase a well known nobber

2-0 down, back into town.

:lol: