Discontent at the Mad Stad

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Discontent at the Mad Stad

by Terminal Boardom » 14 May 2009 22:45

After we won promotion in 2006, there were stories about that the club were trying to renage on the bonuses for players for achieving promotion. Was the collapse in home form a sign from the players that all was not well behind the scenes and that there were some nasty rumours doing the rounds about what the players would or wouldn't get?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Discontent at the Mad Stad

by Royal With Cheese » 14 May 2009 23:51

What?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 15 May 2009 09:54

Terminal Boardom After we won promotion in 2006, there were stories about that the club were trying to renage on the bonuses for players for achieving promotion. Was the collapse in home form a sign from the players that all was not well behind the scenes and that there were some nasty rumours doing the rounds about what the players would or wouldn't get?

Definitely true - also heard that Hammond had a hand in the assassination of JFK and that JM is seen as a potential suspect in planning 9/11. It's all a big conspiracy!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 May 2009 11:11

I saw Elvis checking into the Millennium Madejski Hotel with Princess Diana.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 15 May 2009 11:42

West Stand Man I saw Elvis checking into the Millennium Madejski Hotel with Princess Diana.

They were meeting Richie Edwards and Madeline McCann

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 15 May 2009 11:49

I thought that this thread would be about the fracas in the dressing room before the game on Tuesday. I understand that SHunt had to be physically restrained by Kevin Dillon from lumping Kitson after a remark made regarding Church starting ahead of him.

size 12

by size 12 » 15 May 2009 17:11

North Somerset Royal I thought that this thread would be about the fracas in the dressing room before the game on Tuesday. I understand that SHunt had to be physically restrained by Kevin Dillon from lumping Kitson after a remark made regarding Church starting ahead of him.

I'd love to know if this is true!

JYOUNG1300

by JYOUNG1300 » 15 May 2009 19:08

Ideal Well, Kitson would deserve a beating on the basis of his SHIT performances for us.

and so would hunt back!

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 15 May 2009 19:15

size 12
North Somerset Royal I thought that this thread would be about the fracas in the dressing room before the game on Tuesday. I understand that SHunt had to be physically restrained by Kevin Dillon from lumping Kitson after a remark made regarding Church starting ahead of him.

It certainly came from a reliable source who works for BBCRB and claims to have got it from Dillon.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 15 May 2009 20:01

was it before or after Hunt was told he wasn't starting either?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 15 May 2009 21:08

It's utter garbage - and that's from a much better source than from someone at a radio station who 'claims' to have got it from Dillon....

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 15 May 2009 23:11

HI ST Sorry but it is 100% accurate. I suggest that you rearrange my greeting to show a 4 letter word that sums up what you are talking!

To answer the Rev it was after Dill told SHunt that he was not starting. Shunt did not like it and reacted violently when Kits (also not pleased at not starting) made a comment to the effect that at least he was not being replaced by an academy player.

Cookie

by Cookie » 15 May 2009 23:27

size 12

Tis true.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 May 2009 00:34

North Somerset Royal HI ST Sorry but it is 100% accurate. I suggest that you rearrange my greeting to show a 4 letter word that sums up what you are talking!

To answer the Rev it was after Dill told SHunt that he was not starting. Shunt did not like it and reacted violently when Kits (also not pleased at not starting) made a comment to the effect that at least he was not being replaced by an academy player.

I'd have thought it was obvious Kitson was the one replaced with Church, given they are both strikers and Kitson actually got on the pitch in the first leg as opposed to SHunt. And that the other two forwards started the previous game ahead of both of them anyway.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 16 May 2009 11:13

Ian Royal
North Somerset Royal HI ST Sorry but it is 100% accurate. I suggest that you rearrange my greeting to show a 4 letter word that sums up what you are talking!

I'd have thought it was obvious Kitson was the one replaced with Church, given they are both strikers and Kitson actually got on the pitch in the first leg as opposed to SHunt. And that the other two forwards started the previous game ahead of both of them anyway.

Church played on the wing Ian!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 May 2009 13:25

Southbank Old Boy
Ian Royal

Church played on the wing Ian!

He played upfront as a wide forward. It was pretty obviously the same 4-3-3 we played away. Just look at the midfield, it was identical. When Kitson came on in the first leg he was out on the left hand side of the attacking 3. Same way as Church was on the right and side of the three in the second leg.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 May 2009 15:00

I'd have thought it was obvious Kitson was the one replaced with Church, given they are both strikers and Kitson actually got on the pitch in the first leg as opposed to SHunt. And that the other two forwards started the previous game ahead of both of them anyway.[/quote]

Church played on the wing Ian![/quote]

He played upfront as a wide forward. It was pretty obviously the same 4-3-3 we played away. Just look at the midfield, it was identical. When Kitson came on in the first leg he was out on the left hand side of the attacking 3. Same way as Church was on the right and side of the three in the second leg.[/quote]

In the first leg, Kitson played central when he came on, Long Moved to the right, and Kebe was on te left

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 May 2009 15:25

LOLz @ all this.

I wouldn't be in the LEAST bit surprised if it were true about Kitson and SHunt. Kitson was only speaking the truth and actually, I'm just sorry that SHunt got on the pitch - it would have taught him a most valuable lesson - i.e. that he's not half as good as he thinks he is - and that it is better to put on a young, but hungry player who WANTS and will try to do his best - than some prima donna who thinks it's his god given right to start week in, week out and who takes a highly inflated wage for playing rubbish.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 16 May 2009 17:50

And the truth is Church looked a much more talented player than Hunt has done for quite a while.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 16 May 2009 22:23

Hi NSR.

Rearrange the letters in my greeting to make anything you want.

You're claims don;t convince I'm afraid.....

I'm sticking with a credible source rather than one that flips and flops around....