New manager Brendan Rodgers *confirmed*

1747 posts
Hogmeister Royal

Re: New manager [Merged]

by Hogmeister Royal » 03 Jun 2009 19:33

Terminal Boardom Hmmm, new manager joining shortly, friendly arranged with chelski, away kit likely to be green, I wonder who it could be?

Yes you're right - it's got to be Pards. :wink:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Jun 2009 19:35

Terminal Boardom
Royal_Belly Thurs 4th June

That's my choice. Thursdays are traditionally good days for Mad Stad press conferences.

I am prepared to be shot down in flames for this :lol:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Jun 2009 19:36

Royalee I'm getting very excited about next season.

that will be you along with a grand total of approx 9,000 at each home game!!

cant see the appointment of brendan rodgers bringing us 5,000 additional season ticket holders!!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Jun 2009 19:38

green away kit? oh god you would of thought the club would of learnt their lesson by now with appointing flash colours as away kits, stick to black!!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Jun 2009 19:48

loyalroyal4life green away kit? oh god you would of thought the club would of learnt their lesson by now with appointing flash colours as away kits, stick to black!!

It will piss off Argyle :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 03 Jun 2009 19:54

loyalroyal4life green away kit? oh god you would of thought the club would of learnt their lesson by now with appointing flash colours as away kits, stick to black!!

At least it means that for once it will be true when the club say the old away kit has become the new third kit.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 03 Jun 2009 20:08

I was there at Elm Park

At least it means that for once it will be true when the club say the old away kit has become the new third kit.

What? That's always been true. We've just never needed a 3rd kit is where the comment lacks any commitment.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 03 Jun 2009 20:09

Please, don't bunk of English anymore. Back to school kid.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Jun 2009 20:12

Rawlie19

Please, don't bunk of English anymore. Back to school kid.

Bunk of English? :wink:

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Jun 2009 20:15

I'll be happy if it's Brendan Rodgers. From what I've read and know about him he strikes me as a highly ambitious young manager who did well at Watford in difficult circumstances this season.

I like the idea from The Times article that he has a hotline to Mourinho.

Mourinho must have rated him highly to make him Chelsea's reserve manager. It augurs well in my opinion and could be just the thing the club needs, a fresh invigorating approach.

Good luck Brendan.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 03 Jun 2009 20:20

Rawlie19
I was there at Elm Park

What? That's always been true. We've just never needed a 3rd kit is where the comment lacks any commitment.

Surely if we never needed a 3rd kit then the club was wrong to suggest that we had one which was never going to be used. I can remember the club saying that the 06/07 red and yellow kit was going to be 07/08 3rd kit but it was never seen. You could say that the club was tricking the fans into buying the old away kit at a larger price. Tbh though it's not worth worrying about and whilst I don't approve of a new kit every year there are much bigger things to get worked about.

Anyway back to the new manager thread. Seeing as we were put off Fergie Jnr by the £1m fee, what do people think we will pay for Rodgers and his staff?

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 03 Jun 2009 20:55

I was there at Elm Park
Rawlie19
I was there at Elm Park At least it means that for once it will be true when the club say the old away kit has become the new third kit.

Surely if we never needed a 3rd kit then the club was wrong to suggest that we had one which was never going to be used. I can remember the club saying that the 06/07 red and yellow kit was going to be 07/08 3rd kit but it was never seen. You could say that the club was tricking the fans into buying the old away kit at a larger price. Tbh though it's not worth worrying about and whilst I don't approve of a new kit every year there are much bigger things to get worked about.

Anyway back to the new manager thread. Seeing as we were put off Fergie Jnr by the £1m fee, what do people think we will pay for Rodgers and his staff?

They've always tricked us. I've never fallen for it. The 3rd kit would be a European kit if we ever made it, but you can bet your ass if we ever need a 3rd kit for Europe, they'll make one especially for it and it won't be the previous seasons away kit.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Jun 2009 21:08

I reckon this is a Coppell approved appointment.

Elliott

by Elliott » 03 Jun 2009 21:08

Sorry, but how many times in the 07/08 season did we win in our black away kits!?!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jun 2009 21:09

Elliott

Sorry, but how many times in the 07/08 season did we win in our black away kits!?!

Forget that black and grey hooped nonsense. Its the Plain Black that was good. From circa 04 ish?

Not that anything can beat the Blue and Yellow Hoops of the 90s.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Jun 2009 21:45

Ian Royal
Elliott

Forget that black and grey hooped nonsense. Its the Plain Black that was good. From circa 04 ish?

Not that anything can beat the Blue and Yellow Hoops of the 90s.

Exactly the plain black strip looked decent and we played decent in it

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 03 Jun 2009 21:47

From http://watford.rivals.net/News/pgArticl ... 0955&id=85:

Brendan Rodgers "There was talk of cuts in certain areas of the club which I could understand but there was also talk of cuts into the training environment, which I couldn't compromise on.

"Because if we have players coming in and we do not have the money to buy players, then we will get players in to develop.

"We need them to come into the right environment to develop.

"Otherwise, I said to the club, that if there is not those then I will go because it means you have the wrong type of manager and what you need is an older type of manager that maybe doesn't care so much about the training and the development of the players and the culture and the development of the club - someone who is only interested in driving in, watching training and then turning up on a matchday and win, lose or draw picking up his money and driving off again. And if it doesn't work out in six months then he goes.

"I was never interested in that. I was here for the long-term project. That was to develop the club initially and inspire Watford and make it feel proud of its football team and the club.

"These things were going to compromise that project but I got assurances that it wouldn't and from then on there has been growth and I felt happier that we could then develop, even in difficult circumstances."

Reminds me a bit of Pardew in both a positive and a negative way.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 03 Jun 2009 21:50

Done deal, so says journalist of the year...

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... ng_fc_boss

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 03 Jun 2009 21:52

Agent Balti Done deal, so says journalist of the year...

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... ng_fc_boss

Brendan Rodgers barmy army! I for one am glad, roll on next season.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 03 Jun 2009 21:53

Blimey, he's sticking his neck out on that one. What if it's not true? He could get the sack and never write for the RC again!

1747 posts