Re: New manager [Merged]

by The whole year inn » 03 Jun 2009 21:53

So we have Lampard Snr as a coach

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 03 Jun 2009 21:53

Done deal! 8)

Brendan Rodgers is returning to Reading as the club's new manager.

Royals are set to announce the appointment of the Watford boss within the next 24 hours.

A compensation package of £800,000 has been agreed between the clubs following detailed talks.

As we exclusively revealed last Friday, Royals pressed home their interest in Rodgers and Hornets have now reluctantly allowed him to leave.

Rodgers, a former Academy boss at Reading, will want to bring in his own backroom staff.

That includes Watford coaches Frank Lampard Senior, Dean Austin and football physiologist Karl Halabi, who was on Reading’s books as a youngster.

GTFI FWANK!!
:lol:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Jun 2009 21:59

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1786_5361792,00.html

Royals cut Ferguson from shortlist
Peterborough's director of football Barry Fry claims Darren Ferguson is no longer in the running for the vacant Reading manager's job.

Reading had an approach for Ferguson rebuffed last week and the Championship club have now confirmed that Ferguson is not on their final shortlist of four candidates.

Fry told BBC Radio Cambridgeshire: "All these clubs and all this speculation, Darren can't help it, he's been linked with every job that there's a managerial vacancy for, which is not his fault.

"But we've only had one enquiry and that was from the director of football at Reading where he said he had a list of 12 that he was going to his chairman with and Darren was on that, would we give them permission to speak to him.

"And the rest is history, we said no certainly not.

"The same director of football phoned me on Saturday morning to say that he'd seen his chairman, he'd drawn up a shortlist of four and Darren wasn't on it so that's the end of it as far as we're concerned."

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Jun 2009 22:00

Deathy Done deal! 8)

Royals are set to announce the appointment of the Watford boss within the next 24 hours.

A compensation package of £800,000 has been agreed between the clubs following detailed talks.

As we exclusively revealed last Friday, Royals pressed home their interest in Rodgers and Hornets have now reluctantly allowed him to leave.

Rodgers, a former Academy boss at Reading, will want to bring in his own backroom staff.

That includes Watford coaches Frank Lampard Senior, Dean Austin and football physiologist Karl Halabi, who was on Reading’s books as a youngster.

GTFI FWANK!!

so figures of 800k are being touted about yet for an extra £200k we couldnt go for ferguson jnr?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 03 Jun 2009 22:03

loyalroyal4life
Deathy Done deal! 8)

GTFI FWANK!!

so figures of 800k are being touted about yet for an extra £200k we couldnt go for ferguson jnr?
Would that have been a better option?

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 03 Jun 2009 22:06

loyalroyal4life
Deathy Done deal! 8)

GTFI FWANK!!

You assume P'Boro would have taken a million. They didn't want to lose him, they could have asked for 1.5 or more...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Jun 2009 22:07

If he was £200k more expensive and already below Rodgers in the pecking order then it is unlikley we would have pursued it and pissed off another club unnecessarily.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 03 Jun 2009 22:08

Arch
loyalroyal4life
Deathy Done deal! 8)

GTFI FWANK!!

Would that have been a better option?

Both are about personal choice. Sure, FergieSon has 2 promotions under his belt (and genuinely well done to him for that), but they are both young. Buck shows a LOT of promise as does FergieSon, but Buck knows the club already. I would be equally as happy with either to be honest. Both were on my shortlist of 3. (My shortlist was realistic and didn't include the likes of FergieSnr et al).

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 03 Jun 2009 22:12

Seems done.

Ticks all the right boxes.

Happy Days....

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 03 Jun 2009 22:15

loyalroyal4life
Deathy Done deal! 8)

GTFI FWANK!!

No, because we'd been denied permission to talk to him. And because Reading are a club who conduct their business in a professional manner, we respected that and walked away. Unlike some other clubs...

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 03 Jun 2009 22:18

Rawlie19 Both are about personal choice. Sure, FergieSon has 2 promotions under his belt (and genuinely well done to him for that), but they are both young. Buck shows a LOT of promise as does FergieSon, but Buck knows the club already. I would be equally as happy with either to be honest. Both were on my shortlist of 3. (My shortlist was realistic and didn't include the likes of FergieSnr et al).

Not that it matters but who was the other on your shortlist?

I'm not even sure FergieSon would have come to RFC even if we had agreed a deal with Peterborough. Their chairman seems ambitious and can probably offer him similar amounts of money to us (not a bad reflection on our board imo). Also who's to say that when we said fine we'll pay £1m, that they wouldn't have just raised the price.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Jun 2009 22:27

I vaguely recall him enthusing about the club and the town when we played Watford .Ifthis is a done deal then he is here because he wants to be here. No doubt SJM and Squeaky will have done their homework and checked out a fair few people's opinions.

Remember, it could have been worse. Tony Adams anyone? Jim Magilton perhaps? How about Ian Dowie????

C'mon URZ!!!!!

Tinrib

by Tinrib » 03 Jun 2009 22:55

Excellent news if true...With the added bonus of a hotline through to Mourinho.....

...Perhaps a couple of Italian starlets in on loan...

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 03 Jun 2009 22:58

Urrzzz

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 03 Jun 2009 23:00

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 03 Jun 2009 23:05

Put me down for being very bloody excited!

He seems to have a flair about him.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 03 Jun 2009 23:07

willz_royal Put me down for being very bloody excited!

He seems to have a flair about him.

Yeah, quite bright to look at. :|

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 03 Jun 2009 23:14

we better get rid of the old AE sharpish, the amount of guests were gonna get tomorrow will be unreal!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Jun 2009 23:18

willz_royal :lol:

we better get rid of the old AE sharpish, the amount of guests were gonna get tomorrow will be unreal!

Indeed. It's good that Nick Ive (or whoever wrote that article) has got his oar in first. It means we've been able to discuss the ins and outs of the appointment already. May as well not log in tomorrow!

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 03 Jun 2009 23:23

My natural reaction was a very happy and one, so I'm guessing I'm quite pleased about this. Let the BR era begin.

1747 posts