The Kevin Doyle Thank You Thread

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Kevin Doyle Thank You Thread

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 30 Jun 2009 13:45

Been watching Reading for 20 years, Doyle is without doubt imo the best player I have ever seen wear the shirt.

Has it all, could have walked last summer, did his all to get us back up.

I just can't believe he's gone Wolves. Not a knock at Wolves, it's a great signing for him, I just can't believe no one else came in for him, he's that good....

bassavage

by bassavage » 30 Jun 2009 13:55

Big Foot Favourite Doyle goal for me was probably his one after 16 seconds away at Sheff Utd 8)

For me, his double up at Bolton when were 1-0 down with 6 minutes to go were pretty special.

And Sheff Wed away this year, when we went that ridiculous number of games without scoring a goal.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 30 Jun 2009 14:02

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Jun 2009 17:41

cheers m8!

miss u already

top, top player

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 30 Jun 2009 17:49

Cheers Kev, true Reading legend!

Doyler

by Doyler » 30 Jun 2009 18:08

Thanks Kev, you are top player who was a key part of the best period in this club's history. You gave your all for Reading and are a model professional and a true gentleman. I wish you every success in the future.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 30 Jun 2009 19:04

Thank you Kevin Doyle for that goal on an autumn evening at Portman Road, some of the best football ever played by a Reading side, for that goal against Palace, the one against Southampton, that ridiculous goal against Hull, for when you shut The Den up after Millwall kicked you all game at Christmas, for that goal up at Bramall Lane seconds in that put the icing on the cake of a cracking pissup of a weekend, for scoring against Man United, for the last ten minutes at the Reebok, for making it interesting to watch international football while England were crap, for your loyalty last summer when colleagues not in the same class were screaming to leave and being such a level-headed nice guy, for signing my shirt and lastly thank you for the single greatest goal of all time at the Walkers Stadium on 25th March 2006.

It's been fun, good luck at Molineux and will get a superb reception at the Madejski any time you return which has been well-earnt.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 30 Jun 2009 19:15

Thanks Kev, I hope that you are even more successful. You are more than welcome back any time.

Edit: Any chance that you can take Stephen Hunt with you? Please???
Last edited by Terminal Boardom on 30 Jun 2009 19:49, edited 1 time in total.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 30 Jun 2009 19:32

Good luck Kevin Doyle, I hope that your move to Wolves proves a success for you.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 30 Jun 2009 19:50

Best of luck, Kevin, in being a goalscoring failure like a lot of other highly rated strikers who leave RFC for pastures new, before returning to Reading for a cut-price fee and then bang in more goals :lol:

Stretts
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stretts » 30 Jun 2009 19:55

Thanks for your service Doyler. I will miss you. :(

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 30 Jun 2009 20:17

All the best - top lad and deserves Prem Football

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 30 Jun 2009 20:17

Surley one of the greatest singings in the club's history. The club's scouting network found a promising young player off football's beaten track. For a stupendously low fee, we sign you - one for the years to come, we all thought.

But opportunity in the form of injury presented itself, and you took that opportunity with both hands. You were a key member of the greatest team this club has ever produced.

Now you leave with our very fondest wishes. You have handsomely served this club, and we pretty much all hope this moves to Wolves is a great success for you (although, it goes without saying, never at Reading's expense).

You were an exceptional talent for Reading, a loyal and really committed player, and I might add a truly fine young man - a role model for any boy growing up in this country.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 30 Jun 2009 20:30

Good luck Kev hope your as succesfull as Dave Kitson.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 30 Jun 2009 20:47

Armadillo Roadkill Surley one of the greatest singings in the club's history. The club's scouting network found a promising young player off football's beaten track. For a stupendously low fee, we sign you - one for the years to come, we all thought.

But opportunity in the form of injury presented itself, and you took that opportunity with both hands. You were a key member of the greatest team this club has ever produced.

Now you leave with our very fondest wishes. You have handsomely served this club, and we pretty much all hope this moves to Wolves is a great success for you (although, it goes without saying, never at Reading's expense).

You were an exceptional talent for Reading, a loyal and really committed player, and I might add a truly fine young man - a role model for any boy growing up in this country.

That reads like on obituary. He is not oxf*rd dead you know. :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Jun 2009 20:51

Terminal Boardom
Armadillo Roadkill Surley one of the greatest singings in the club's history. The club's scouting network found a promising young player off football's beaten track. For a stupendously low fee, we sign you - one for the years to come, we all thought.

That reads like on obituary. He is not oxf*rd dead you know. :roll:

He is to Spacey after going to Wolves :lol:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 30 Jun 2009 20:59

Jackson Corner Good luck Kev hope your as succesfull as Dave Kitson.

:|

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 30 Jun 2009 22:20

Thanks for the memories Kev, top bloke and always welcome back.

Just saw him in a Wolves shirt, looks all wrong :cry:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 30 Jun 2009 22:35

Deathy
Jackson Corner Good luck Kev hope your as succesfull as Dave Kitson.

:|

'greed. It's "you're" and "successful".

Humanistic

by Humanistic » 01 Jul 2009 00:15

Gutted really- this is when not getting promoted really hits home. Even though he went through that barren spell, still our best player last season and we'll really miss him. I fear it'll be a fair old while before we have a striker of similar quality and personality.

Genuinely wish Kev all the best.