Televised games - FAO Dirk (or others ITK)

123 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BBC Coverage next season

by Franchise FC » 01 Jul 2009 12:15

rhroyal I don't know if people are aware of this, but next season all football league goals will be available on BBCi to UK users. I have to ask the question, why not world users? I'll be out of the country for a year, why shouldn't I be allowed to watch our highlights? What difference does the country I live in make when I'm using the WORLD WIDE web?

Get someone to download the highlights and email them or post them on an accessible site.
8)

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 01 Jul 2009 12:17

rhroyal I don't know if people are aware of this, but next season all football league goals will be available on BBCi to UK users. I have to ask the question, why not world users? I'll be out of the country for a year, why shouldn't I be allowed to watch our highlights? What difference does the country I live in make when I'm using the WORLD WIDE web?

Do world viewers pay a license fee? NO

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 01 Jul 2009 12:32

Because the Football League (same as all over ight-sholders) sell broadcast rights on a national basis, so the BBC only have rights to broadcast these matches in the UK. The definition of "broadcast" gets very tricky when talking about internet streaming - especially as Premium TV also hold some internet-broadcast rights on a club-by-club basis, but the principle remains the same - the BBC only have UK broadcast rights.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 01 Jul 2009 12:32

Here's a clue: I hope you've cancelled your TV licence fee for the year you're away.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 01 Jul 2009 12:36

The BBC website will ping your IP when you try connecting to determine the country your accessing the service from, if it isn't the UK then you won't get access

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

Re: Televised games - FAO Dirk (or others ITK)

by Huntley & Palmer » 01 Jul 2009 12:40

It's good to see that the BBC employed some people that have watched football in the last 20 years to determine the fixtures worth watching.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 01 Jul 2009 12:45

[ahem]

cough

[/ahem]

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 01 Jul 2009 12:51

So are the BBC only showing highlights online? I assumed there would be a weekly highlights/goals TV show in addition to their 10 live matches.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 01 Jul 2009 12:56

Just connect through a UK proxy, i'm sure there are plenty of anonymous online services that will be cheaper than your license fee.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 01 Jul 2009 13:16

Good one
All the bloody travelling abroad I do with work its a pain in the arse that I can never see us live when Im stuck in Hong Kong or the States

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 01 Jul 2009 18:07

Don't the BBC have 10 full games?!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 99249.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 124105.stm

The first two both feature Newcastle. They have announced the first 4, and none feature Reading.

West Brom vs Newcastle. 8th August
Ipswitch vs Newcastle. 26th Sept
Derby vs QPR. 24th Oct
Cardiff vs Forest. 1st Nov

Seems a shame they could of covered 20 of the Championship teams, only to cover one team twice in the first two games. But im wingeing and i'm glad it's back on the box.

Bedale Royal

by Bedale Royal » 01 Jul 2009 20:09

skipper

Don't the BBC have 10 full games?!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 99249.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 124105.stm

The first two both feature Newcastle. They have announced the first 4, and none feature Reading.

West Brom vs Newcastle. 8th August
Ipswitch vs Newcastle. 26th Sept
Derby vs QPR. 24th Oct
Cardiff vs Forest. 1st Nov

Seems a shame they could of covered 20 of the Championship teams, only to cover one team twice in the first two games. But im wingeing and i'm glad it's back on the box.

It's Newcastle isn't it. Bound to be covered more than twice I'll bet. Viewing figures, plus Al's an old mate. Little old Reading not gonna get a look-in.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jul 2009 20:18

I hardly think we can complain besides the likes of Blackpool, Barnsley, Peterborough, Doncaster and Scunthorpe. They've got more cause to be concerned about being ignored.

BBC Newcastle bias is shameful. At least wait to put the second game on a bit later to pretend it's because they're doing well/badly.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 02 Jul 2009 10:25

Newcastle moved for Sky, 5.20 kick off.

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 02 Jul 2009 10:43

Winchester Royal Newcastle moved for Sky, 5.20 kick off.

Source?

Nothing on Sky website
EDIT: Just seen on the official site
Last edited by dean horrix legend on 02 Jul 2009 10:45, edited 1 time in total.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 02 Jul 2009 10:44

retro royal

by retro royal » 02 Jul 2009 11:06

twitter.com/readingfans

Newcastle's first home game of the season against Reading will be shown live on Sky Sports at 17:20 on the 15th August

Aly Murty
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Aly Murty » 02 Jul 2009 11:20

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 02 Jul 2009 11:39

It's rather curious that nothing has been confirmed on Sky Sports:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html

Or have I missed something?

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 02 Jul 2009 12:00

Thaumagurist* It's rather curious that nothing has been confirmed on Sky Sports:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html

Or have I missed something?

Patience maybe?

123 posts