New Kit - Rate the kit POLL ADDED

745 posts

What do you think of the new kit, and most notably, no traditional white shorts and socks again?

I like the home kit
47%
I don't like the home kit
32%
I like the home shirt, but I dislike the non traditional blue shorts and blue socks
16%
I don't like the home shirt, but I do like the non traditional blue shorts and socks
5%

Total votes: 173
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: New Kit - Rate the kit POLL ADDED

by Forbury Lion » 12 Jul 2009 16:56

(.)Boobies(.) I'm really not all that keen on the shirts Puma turn out
I believe Puma make the shirts, The designs are supplied to them by the club who really should sack their desing company.

The majority of fans want blue and white hoops and a shirt with a collar..... Surely they can just make a simple shirt without the need to fcuk around with the design by adding gold piping, white v's, a blue back one year, white the next, hoops the one after.

The idiots who buy shirts every season like it's some sort of fashion item will do so anyway regardless of how little or how mich the design changes.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Jul 2009 16:59

Rev Algenon Stickleback H 70% say they like the shirt though
Those being the 70% who would vote the same had the kid been pink with yellow spots? or maybe the 70% who wouldn't buy a shirt.

Make a shirt 100% of fans like and watch them fly off the pegs.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 12 Jul 2009 16:59

Forbury Lion
(.)Boobies(.) I'm really not all that keen on the shirts Puma turn out
I believe Puma make the shirts, The designs are supplied to them by the club.

Not the case. Puma create templates and we seemingly go with one. As the last two seasons have shown to be the case.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 12 Jul 2009 17:12

The only thing I dislike is the "ladder socks".

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Jul 2009 17:32

Rev Algenon Stickleback H 70% say they like the shirt though, so most accept it's not that bad.

Seeing as at least 70% of Reading supporters are such sycophantic happy-clappers they would happily endorse any old crud churned out with the club badge on it, I wouldn't take that as a ringing endorsement personally.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 12 Jul 2009 17:47

Forbury Lion
Rev Algenon Stickleback H 70% say they like the shirt though
Those being the 70% who would vote the same had the kid been pink with yellow spots? or maybe the 70% who wouldn't buy a shirt.

or maybe it's the 70% of fans who like the shirt. A radical idea, I know, but it is just possible that not everyone has the same opinion as you, and that you might be in the minority.

I'm sure some will buy anything. Fans did buy the Hat Painting era shirts, after all. That doesn't mean the those who said yes to liking it necessarily fall into that category though, just as some people would no doubt find fault with any shirt we put out.

The fact is, that while not perfect, the shirt is actually pretty decent on the whole, and the 70% probably reflects that. It's not perfect, but that wasn't the question, just if overall you like it or not.

My only complaint would be why nobody at the club couldn't have just said "It's good but..." and asked them to change it. I don't know how these things work, but I'm sure there must be some kind of mock up or two produced where someone could suggest an alteration or two. I really would be interested to know who at the clubs decides these things. Who was it who told them to go for blue shorts, for example?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jul 2009 18:25

It seems like everything is standard template these days. Manufacturer provides template, club requests stripes, hoops, plain, whatever.

Club doesn't like template, club pays lots of money to have a custom designed shirt.

Any extra cash spent on getting nicer designs for the shirt potentially takes money away from wages and transfer fees.

And lets face it, in the modern game you're looking at new kits most seasons. Most fans just want a straight forward traditional Blue and White hoops all the way round and very little else. Some want a collar, some don't. Some want blue shorts, some want white. Some want one type of socks, others want another. Those are all pretty minor. And the club won't get very far alternating collar, blue shorts, white socks and no collar, white shorts, hooped socks every year.

If the club is changing the kit most seasons, there has to be a noticable change or few will buy the new shirt.

That's just the way it is these days. It would be nice for a plain and simple hoops all the way round, white shorts kit with no silly bits. But it's just a kit as long as it's got hoops and is blue and whit eit doesn't matter that much

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 12 Jul 2009 21:17

Oh, apparent "leaked image" of new Away kit:

Not... too bad. for a photoshopped image...

Interesting to read others' views of our new kit: http://www.footballshirtculture.com/09/ ... -kits.html

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 12 Jul 2009 21:20

Definite photophop. Can still see blue under her hair.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 12 Jul 2009 21:41

Deathy Definite photophop. Can still see blue under her hair.

And at the edge of every green hoop...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jul 2009 21:44

I quite like it though.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 12 Jul 2009 22:14

ALOL! I did that earlier in this thread as a joke! Clearly a joke!

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 12 Jul 2009 22:41

Rawlie19 ALOL! I did that earlier in this thread as a joke! Clearly a joke!

It was a nice 'shop tbf.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Jul 2009 22:49

Do grown men really get upset at this sort of thing or are they just taking the piss?

If the former - seriously, what a bunch of tarts.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 12 Jul 2009 22:49

Rawlie19 ALOL! I did that earlier in this thread as a joke! Clearly a joke!

Mr Stooper from that link above seems to be claiming it as a leaked photo. We have a Stooper here. The same?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Jul 2009 23:13

Of course the club give away velcro wristbands with every young Royals kit...

New Shirt + velcro wristband + nine year old boy = Fcuked up after less than a day. More 'bobbling' than Persil can cope with!

Thank you RFC!

Can we have shirts that will last the single season they're intended for in this disposable age?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Jul 2009 23:50

My son's first shirt has been passed onto our youngest and although it wasn't worn for a year or 2 it is still absolutely fine 5 years after we bought it.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 Jul 2009 00:00

Royal Rother My son's first shirt has been passed onto our youngest and although it wasn't worn for a year or 2 it is still absolutely fine 5 years after we bought it.

Were they still made of wool and by Bukta then? ;)
Last edited by Uke on 13 Jul 2009 00:01, edited 1 time in total.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 13 Jul 2009 00:01

floyd__streete
Rev Algenon Stickleback H 70% say they like the shirt though, so most accept it's not that bad.

Seeing as at least 70% of Reading supporters are such sycophantic happy-clappers they would happily endorse any old crud churned out with the club badge on it, I wouldn't take that as a ringing endorsement personally.

Even by your standards, that's pretty oxf*rd smug.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 13 Jul 2009 01:24

Rawlie19
Royalshow
floyd__streete Saw the QPR kit on SKY Sports News highlights of their PSF at Aldershot. Nice tidy hooped kit, white shorts and devoid of bib. How come those clowns can get it right but RFC can't?

Saw the QPR kit live at Aldershit! It's not great to be honest. My god the EBB stadium at the recreation ground is bad.You have to go on a nature trail to get to the away end.

It's not bad but it's not great either. I wouldn't say it's better or worse than ours tbh.

Big fan of QPR's kit!

745 posts