New Kit - Rate the kit POLL ADDED

745 posts

What do you think of the new kit, and most notably, no traditional white shorts and socks again?

I like the home kit
47%
I don't like the home kit
32%
I like the home shirt, but I dislike the non traditional blue shorts and blue socks
16%
I don't like the home shirt, but I do like the non traditional blue shorts and socks
5%

Total votes: 173
Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

Re: What the frig?

by Geekins » 15 Jul 2009 11:21

Wrong username! :|

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 15 Jul 2009 11:55

Geekins
Rawlie19
Flip_Flop That's better than my wind up about the home kit! :cry:

What wind up? you failed there anyway.

I dunno about that! :lol: That's the last time i pretend i know Selby Armstrong! :lol:

Geekins Wrong username! :|

:lol: And confirmed. If it needed confirming. And Selby? That guy looks more out of place than anyone I've ever seen at a football club. I doubt (even with the job he has) he even realised we were getting a new kit.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: New Kit - Rate the kit POLL ADDED

by RoyalBlue » 15 Jul 2009 12:26

It happens when your are a STAR and your picture gets out in the public domain and all over the web. Photo in question is just a link from the FSF site. Due acknowledgments to them.

Or are you talking about the baby photo? :wink:

Flip_Flop

by Flip_Flop » 15 Jul 2009 12:54

I was slightly impressed with my making up of the kit being at the training ground! :lol:

I was bored and under my new (13 yr old) secret identity i thought i could get away with childish behavior! D'oh! :lol:

Sorry for pissing about though, just tried to act completely different to my usual self so that no one would think it was me! :oops: :lol:

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 15 Jul 2009 12:56

Flip_Flop I was slightly impressed with my making up of the kit being at the training ground! :lol:

I was bored and under my new (13 yr old) secret identity i thought i could get away with childish behavior! D'oh! :lol:

Sorry for pissing about though, just tried to act completely different to my usual self so that no one would think it was me! :oops: :lol:

The training ground was where you fell down. The kits wouldn't have been at the training ground. Nice try though.

Flip_Flop

by Flip_Flop » 15 Jul 2009 12:58

:| Dammit!! I thought my 'mate' Sleby would've be there and had kits for the reserves or something in the near future! :lol:

Anyway, nice green kit by the way! :wink:

wickedwhispers

by wickedwhispers » 15 Jul 2009 16:18

Do you mean Selby?

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 15 Jul 2009 19:27

NR_Royal Ever since one person managed to literally switch the blue stripes to green using Photoshop, the interwebs seems to believe that the image is REALLY of our actual away kit. People really will believe anything on the internet, but I was surprised to see Historical Kits believe it too. Check this out:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English ... nship.html

Murked. :lol:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 15 Jul 2009 19:31

we know that deathy, hence the new thread, tho now merged.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 16 Jul 2009 01:50

@ Jay:

I wanted to view and r8 the new kit m8, as folks have been asking me for MO about it in recent days

I went to The Team board in search of it and found nada oxf*rd

Then, a day later, it occurs: Club PoLOLicies :idea: :roll:

And so here I yam

Problem: In your initial post to this thread --which you edited twice subsequently (and thank you for being so thoughtful and proactive as to start it, by the way)-- there is no photo of the new kit to be seen

Compounding matters is the fact that I am clueless as to where in this thread I might find the initial post in which photos of the new, official club kit for 2009/10 appear, although there are plenty of gag/'shopped pics (haw haw), and I'm not inclined to do a bunch of sifting thru such dreck

Kindly please, therefore: Edit your intitial post to this thread so to include all relevant pics of next season's kit

You'd be doing me a transatLOLantic solid, yo --and I'm guessing that others would find it useful, too

Right cheerz then

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 16 Jul 2009 06:36

The "bib" bit is hardly noticeable when they are playing in the kit, but the numbers are hard to see - 27 looks like 22, 14 like 19 etc. Thank goodness they all have different haircuts.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Jul 2009 09:14

They should incorporate a plain white panel into the back design to make that easier Sarah

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 16 Jul 2009 11:31

Heard a rumour last night that the new away kit will be white with green shorts...

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 16 Jul 2009 13:06

RoyalChicagoFC @ Jay:

I wanted to view and r8 the new kit m8, as folks have been asking me for MO about it in recent days

I went to The Team board in search of it and found nada oxf*rd

Then, a day later, it occurs: Club PoLOLicies :idea: :roll:

And so here I yam

Problem: In your initial post to this thread --which you edited twice subsequently (and thank you for being so thoughtful and proactive as to start it, by the way)-- there is no photo of the new kit to be seen

Compounding matters is the fact that I am clueless as to where in this thread I might find the initial post in which photos of the new, official club kit for 2009/10 appear, although there are plenty of gag/'shopped pics (haw haw), and I'm not inclined to do a bunch of sifting thru such dreck

Kindly please, therefore: Edit your intitial post to this thread so to include all relevant pics of next season's kit

You'd be doing me a transatLOLantic solid, yo --and I'm guessing that others would find it useful, too

Right cheerz then

Sorry mate. It was only edited because the thread started with the club massively reducing the kit prices and then making the assumption there will be a new kit, as there now is.

I'll link the new home kit to the opening post because you're a whiney lil biatch. :wink:

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 16 Jul 2009 13:37

::huggz:: :D

Oh, and w'rr the nontraditional blue shorts 'n' sox @, homez?

barmy_army008

by barmy_army008 » 16 Jul 2009 16:34

Is there any particular reason that the more recent Puma shirts have had the sponsor and Puma logo 'printed'? I'm not really sure how to describe it but on the last new shirt I had, which was the dark blue Kyocera one, the Puma logo is embroidered and Kyocera is sort of raised (I don't know these technical terms for clothing but you know what I mean!).

Presumably this is some kind of cost saving measure, or are all shirts like this now? Its not too noticeable until you look closesly but then I think it begins to look a bit cheap.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 16 Jul 2009 16:43

handbags_harris Heard a rumour last night that the new away kit will be white with green shorts...

with a green stripe on the shirt. Heard the same on Saturday.

Speaking of green reminds me - didn't there use to be a certain QPR fan who made a point of saying how his team had always played in blue and white hoops? Not if this is to be believed

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Queens_ ... angers.htm

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 16 Jul 2009 18:44

Without looking at the link, QPR originally played in green and white hoops. They were the first team to wear hoops, but we were the first to wear blue and white.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 16 Jul 2009 18:49

New away strip?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 16 Jul 2009 19:28

I like the red cross on it.

745 posts