Gerrard

TheMaraudingDog

Re: Gerrard

by TheMaraudingDog » 23 Jul 2009 08:59

readingbedding he retaliated after receiving a smack in the face.

:?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 Jul 2009 09:45

readingbedding I slagged Gerrard off when this was originally reported, seeing the full (yawn) CCTV evidence, he retaliated after receiving a smack in the face.
He'll get comparativley nothing, fair enough.
I'd do the same.

I've watched the CCTV over and over and still cant see where Gerrard received this smack in the face?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 23 Jul 2009 10:04

You need your eyes tested.
Or you need to take those blinkers off.
Clear as day to everyone who saw the whole miserable yawn-fest over here.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 23 Jul 2009 10:17

The DJ is stood against the bar. Gerrards mate shoves him and follows through with arm to face. Gerrard and others pile in.

DJ throws 0 punches.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 23 Jul 2009 10:18

TheMaraudingDog The DJ is stood against the bar. Gerrards mate shoves him and follows through with arm to face. Gerrard and others pile in.

DJ throws 0 punches.

^^ what he said

All i see is "DJ" being shoved away with an elbow follow through into his face........give us a video link and tell us at which point Gerrard gets a smack?!

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 23 Jul 2009 10:20

Even Gerrard admits he didn't get punched. LOL @ readingbedding. The simpleton is back. Just need his m8 whole year inn to make an appearance.

"He was shouting back and I didn't know what he was saying but he started arguing and I thought he was going to hit me so that's why I threw a punch."

Mr Gerrard admitted throwing three punches but told the police only one connected.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 23 Jul 2009 10:22

Personally, I think if Gerrard has thrown an unprovoked punch, or even if the DJ has said something and Gerrard has reacted, he deserves whatever punishment he gets.

I'm struggling to understand though how TMD's opinion on this fits with his previously stated opinion that gobby cnuts deserve a slap.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 23 Jul 2009 10:24

cmonurz I'm struggling to understand though how TMD's opinion on this fits with his previously stated opinion that gobby cnuts deserve a slap.

Who approached who? The DJ is by the bar and Gerrard confronts him. If the DY ran over to where Gerrard was gobbed off and got decked then fair enough.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Jul 2009 10:45

cmonurz Personally, I think if Gerrard has thrown an unprovoked punch, or even if the DJ has said something and Gerrard has reacted, he deserves whatever punishment he gets.

I'm struggling to understand though how TMD's opinion on this fits with his previously stated opinion that gobby cnuts deserve a slap.

Really? Any punishment?

Not many bar room fights like this end up going to court. Admittedly he pleaded not guilty which distinguishes him from the rest of his mates, but they're still a bit unlucky to end up getting collared for it.

Gerrard shouldn't get any more or less punishment for it, but I think he's pushing it a bit to say it was self defence. On the flip side, if the law classes assault as feeling under threat of attack as opposed to being physically attacked (or whatevere the definition) then maybe he can claim self defence...as stupid as that may be!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 23 Jul 2009 11:25

Im guessing that readingbedding is still trying to find the video where Gerrard is smacked by the DJ bloke??!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 23 Jul 2009 11:42

Video?
Yeah you're guessing.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 23 Jul 2009 11:49

Hoop Blah
cmonurz Personally, I think if Gerrard has thrown an unprovoked punch, or even if the DJ has said something and Gerrard has reacted, he deserves whatever punishment he gets.

Really? Any punishment?

Not many bar room fights like this end up going to court. Admittedly he pleaded not guilty which distinguishes him from the rest of his mates, but they're still a bit unlucky to end up getting collared for it.

Gerrard shouldn't get any more or less punishment for it, but I think he's pushing it a bit to say it was self defence. On the flip side, if the law classes assault as feeling under threat of attack as opposed to being physically attacked (or whatevere the definition) then maybe he can claim self defence...as stupid as that may be!

Didn't word that very well, of course his punishment should be in context, and I was thinking myself how many (100s probably) similar incidents will go unreported this weekend, nevermind reaching court. But he struck the guy having not been struck himself, which, from the TMD school of bar-fighting, is a bit stupid.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 23 Jul 2009 11:57

I'm wondering whatever happened to the fat girl dancing with Gerrard's mates before the kerfuffle.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 23 Jul 2009 12:53

cmonurz his punishment should be in context, and I was thinking myself how many (100s probably) similar incidents will go unreported this weekend, nevermind reaching court.

Is a key difference here that the DJ is pressing charges where as most brawls just fizzle out and the fighters go on their separate ways?

(I don't know if DJ is pressing charges or not, but if he is it has to be followed up by police and courts)

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Jul 2009 13:09

TheMaraudingDog
cmonurz his punishment should be in context, and I was thinking myself how many (100s probably) similar incidents will go unreported this weekend, nevermind reaching court.

Is a key difference here that the DJ is pressing charges where as most brawls just fizzle out and the fighters go on their separate ways?

(I don't know if DJ is pressing charges or not, but if he is it has to be followed up by police and courts)

Probably the reason.

And why is he? Because it's Gerrard and it's his moment of fame.

I love the way they keep refering to him in the news as 'businessman' Marcus McGee. What does that mean he does? Run a mobile disco? Sell a bit of gear to the local kids? Or does he actually have a job? And what exactly does it matter?

boy1985

by boy1985 » 23 Jul 2009 13:41

He wasn't a DJ, he was just 'in charge of the cd player' that night.

I think it was just an rowdy game of musical chairs that got out of hand.

PurpleTurtle

by PurpleTurtle » 23 Jul 2009 14:45

LOL @ bars where some kunt gets a card to dictate the music policy, no doubt inflicting their undoubtedly shit taste in R'n'B on other mugs in there.

I think the bloke has taken umbrage at Stevie Me coming in and giving it the big 'I am' and rightly stood his ground. Fcuk why he thinks all his mates can plead guilty to affray and him not guilty when its as clear as day that he's kicking off is anyone's guess. Perhaps a shit hot lawyer and a technicality will get him off.

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 24 Jul 2009 12:56

Found not guilty

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 24 Jul 2009 12:58

premiership_bound Found not guilty

Well there's a surprise

What a pointless trial