RUMOUR - Bertrand & Dervite. How exciting!!

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Bertrand & Dervite. How exciting!!

by Vision » 30 Jul 2009 09:33

Agent Balti With Spurs' injuries in the position, I can see him coming here this side of Christmas. Another case of lazy journalism.

True although this is Harry Redknapp we're talking about. Promoting from within doesn't keep Mrs Redknapp in Gucci. Ringing up Barry Silkman for the next available Carlos Kickaball does.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 30 Jul 2009 09:43

Yeah, I forget the wheeling-dealing power of the man that is Harry Redknapp.

Something seems to be happening too - http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 66,00.html

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 01 Aug 2009 21:05

Dervite signing Monday.

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 01 Aug 2009 21:12

West Stand Flash Dervite signing Monday.

Madejski must be loving working with a manager who just wants to bring in young players on loan.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 01 Aug 2009 22:06

West Stand Flash Dervite signing Monday.

Yep, you've said that before .... any evidence or just in your mind?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Aug 2009 22:32

Flash has a history of talking bollocks, so I'll go with Gazzer who I think said it was someone totally different.

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 01 Aug 2009 22:56

Ian Royal Flash has a history of talking bollocks, so I'll go with Gazzer who I think said it was someone totally different.

Just wait & see, then you can say sorry.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 02 Aug 2009 07:36

West Stand Flash
Ian Royal Flash has a history of talking bollocks, so I'll go with Gazzer who I think said it was someone totally different.

Just wait & see, then you can say sorry.

if you are correct i will say sorry, however my source said we weren't in for him

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 02 Aug 2009 07:42

FWIW it's worth GLR understands that we've hijacked Notts Forest bid for Doncaster centre-back Matthew Mills

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 02 Aug 2009 08:12

gazzer, loyal royal FWIW it's worth GLR understands that we've hijacked Notts Forest bid for Doncaster centre-back Matthew Mills

Now that sounds a tad more realistic. Not that Dervitte isn't a realistic target, but with Spurs' injuries in that position, I can see why we may have swapped targets.

hutch

by hutch » 02 Aug 2009 08:56

gazzer, loyal royal FWIW it's worth GLR understands that we've hijacked Notts Forest bid for Doncaster centre-back Matthew Mills

I`d love this to be true but weren`t Birmingham or someone after him recently and got got quoted around the £2.5m mark? I really can`t see us spending that sort of money (would love to be proved wrong though!!)

Steve T

by Steve T » 02 Aug 2009 09:03

Mills was born in Swindon so may fancy a move back this way.

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 02 Aug 2009 09:15

Mills would be a great signing, lets hope that is true.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Aug 2009 11:44

hutch

I`d love this to be true but weren`t Birmingham or someone after him recently and got got quoted around the £2.5m mark? I really can`t see us spending that sort of money (would love to be proved wrong though!!)

I've never heard of a team called Notts Forest. I have heard of Notts County though.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 Aug 2009 12:13

For what it's worth it's worth ?!?!?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 02 Aug 2009 12:32

PEARCEY
hutch

I've never heard of a team called Notts Forest. I have heard of Notts County though.

You win the prize of most pedantic post of the day! Well done! Keep it up! :D

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 02 Aug 2009 19:19

Could I please point out that there was no full stop after Notts in the above post. (It is, after all, an abbreviation.)

Although standards are slipping I consider this post to be even more pedantic than the one in question.

Yours punctilliously etc.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 02 Aug 2009 19:38

bobby m's syrup Could I please point out that there was no full stop after Notts in the above post. (It is, after all, an abbreviation.)

Although standards are slipping I consider this post to be even more pedantic than the one in question.

Are you the "signed pedant" they gave away as the prize in the golden gamble yesterday?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Aug 2009 19:45

bobby m's syrup Could I please point out that there was no full stop after Notts in the above post. (It is, after all, an abbreviation.)

:lol: Very good. As I posted my pedantic email it did cross my mind that I should put a full-stop after Notts. but I thought I might get away with it...so I didn't. Live by the pedantic sword die by it I suppose.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 02 Aug 2009 19:49

PEARCEY

:lol: Very good. As I posted my pedantic email it did cross my mind that I should put a full-stop after Notts. but I thought I might get away with it...so I didn't. Live by the pedantic sword die by it I suppose.

Actually, the Notts County website (notice no fullstop) has no fullstop. Therefore, your pedantry was extremely well placed.