Stephen Hunt to Hull - fee agreed

412 posts
peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

Re: Will you clap Hunt when/if he returns with another team?

by peterroyal76 » 11 Aug 2009 11:13

NO!

We also have to be mindful of Noels feelings, if he thinks we're going over the top with our hate/abuse he may want out also.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 11 Aug 2009 11:14

do I reply to this thread or will I answer the question with yet another thread about hunt?

OLLIE KEARNS

Re: We are people glad hunty is gone?

by OLLIE KEARNS » 11 Aug 2009 11:17

Here's a "cold light of day" view of Hunty.

His key strength was his desire which in turn fueled an ability to get around the pitch at a continued level of intensity that few players can match. I'll never forget the first half of the Chelsea match (2nd season in prem) when Sidwell was taken off at half time having had Hunty on his back almost every time he go the ball.
His energy levels also often took him into areas that proved to be highly creative i.e last minute goal v Sunderland. A 95th minute run from midfield to get on the end of a cross is a match winning attribute.
Technically he is decent at best but any deficiency was masked by the previously mentioned attributes.

If you look at the past 3 seasons adrenalin levels would have been very high for the most part i.e championship winning season, first year in prem, first half of 2nd season in prem. I think this is a crucial element in terms of him being able to play at such high levels of intensity. My view is that once adrenalin levels drop (struggling side in 2nd prem season) and you get 46 game championship seasons (last year) then his ability to get around the pitch becomes impaired. Take just 5% of that away from his game and you expose his technical limitations.

His move to Hull is good for everyone. Less games plus Prem adrenalin will relight his fire next season and he'll be back at old performance levels. We get to reinvest the money in a player that is a better fit for our current squad.

All in all he was a very good player for Reading. The time is right for change and I wish him alll the best at Hull.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 11 Aug 2009 11:22

No, I'll probably give him some stick as he actually deserves it unlike the others who've left.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 11 Aug 2009 11:26

Terminal Boardom has it spot on. If he gets jeered, he ups his game. We've seen it numerous times.

Also agree with The Rouge on the change in our fans attitudes over the years. The tw*ts who were booing Sidwell want shooting.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 11 Aug 2009 11:36

smurfsdabomb He was the 4th best player in the league statistically, and that was after he was dropped towards the end of the season. He was top before that. You might not have liked the guy personally but he's a class act and a steal for Hull, you can't deny that. We might have a nice band of loyal and satisfied players now but our promotion chances took a huge blow with his departure.

Really? Stephen Hunt played something like half a game in pre-season. I know he was injured but even when fit he wasn't given a run-out, which to me suggests Rodgers never really planned on playing him. Rodgers' is planning for the future and whether that means promotion this season or in 2 seasons time, I don't think S Hunt's departure is too much of a blow to Rodgers.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 11 Aug 2009 11:41

i think its fair to say if it wasn't for Hunt's great form before xmas last season we would have been nowhere near the play offs, his set play delivery was by far and away the best in the league, and most of the Premier League.

After xmas he was utter gash agreed.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 11 Aug 2009 11:44

Thaumagurist* No.

By the way, do we need YET another thread about Hunt?

Yes.

Next you'll be asking if we have to open YET another bottle of Champagne.

fat_gerbil

by fat_gerbil » 11 Aug 2009 11:45

I agree with Rouge - him leaving now suits everyone. I haven't found anyone who wants him to stay, so why boo him when he comes back, he's doing what we all want him to do!

I also agree about the booing of Sidwell, we seem to have picked up quite a few fair weather fans who seem to think that Player leaves = Must Boo him regardless of who he is. I bet those that booed Sidwell weren't watching us when we were in the old division 2!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Aug 2009 11:55

ill clap him politely,

but he certainly wont get as much clapping as shorey<<sidwell<<<<doyle

or harps if he does go.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Stephen Hunt to Hull - fee agreed

by Woodcote Royal » 11 Aug 2009 11:59

Thaumagurist*
Royal Rother LOOK AT ME!! I'M INTELLIGENT!!!

If only he'd spent a decade telling everyone how good he is at spelling.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 11 Aug 2009 12:02

Every member of the 106 team / squad should be applauded on their return to the Mad Stad.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 11 Aug 2009 12:04

fat_gerbil I also agree about the booing of Sidwell, we seem to have picked up quite a few fair weather fans who seem to think that Player leaves = Must Boo him regardless of who he is. I bet those that booed Sidwell weren't watching us when we were in the old division 2!

Agreed.

I remember players like Scotty Taylor, Adie Williams etc. being clapped on their returns. Williams even got huge cheers in that Wolves evening game... :lol:

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 11 Aug 2009 12:05

Zammo Every member of the 106 team / squad should be applauded on their return to the Mad Stad.

'greed.

I cant wait for Eric Obinna Chuckwjpwoekfjveryu...... to return to the Mad Stad

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 11 Aug 2009 12:07

Zammo Every member of the 106 team / squad should be applauded on their return to the Mad Stad.

+1

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 11 Aug 2009 12:07

Great Knolly
Rodgers can probably accommodate 1 player who is going to play off the cuff, and create things from nothing, and at the moment, that's probably Kebe.

Oh for crying out loud!! Enough of the Kebe is God. How many open goals does this clown have to miss before you all realise he's a liability!?!?! He has done NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to warrant the praise that is regualrly heaped on him. The man is a total waste of space who happens to be able run fast, (when he can be arsed)!!! He's a spinter NOT a footballer.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 11 Aug 2009 12:09

Definitely. For a couple of years we were good for each other.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Aug 2009 12:16

Hunt deserves a clap, because when he played well he was a good player.

However, like Lita, he had long unproductive periods. Perhaps it was to his disadvantage that we all have the memories of Little and Convey being amazy for a season fresh in our minds.

Hunt was never a class above. He was voted player of the season because some of our fans are stupid- Hahnemann, Kitson and Harper should have been ahead of him, probably Bikey and Doyle too. Stats mean little (don't they Snowball?) and his are inflated because a) he took corners very well for about ten games, and b) Bikey and Sonko were very good at scoring from corners for about ten games.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 11 Aug 2009 12:17

strap
Great Knolly
Rodgers can probably accommodate 1 player who is going to play off the cuff, and create things from nothing, and at the moment, that's probably Kebe.

Oh for crying out loud!! Enough of the Kebe is God. How many open goals does this clown have to miss before you all realise he's a liability!?!?! He has done NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to warrant the praise that is regualrly heaped on him. The man is a total waste of space who happens to be able run fast, (when he can be arsed)!!! He's a spinter NOT a footballer.

He's a what? Knowing you, you probably intended to call him an arsehole.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Kebe is not a god :roll: , but then again, he's not a complete liability. He has the potential to be a really good winger, he's done a few good crosses (and a few bad ones too), he dribbles well (and loses the ball on occasion). He's even scored a couple of goals.

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 11 Aug 2009 12:38

Noel Hunt's twitter "says good luck bro,Hull its prem league & he is going to be happy and ones he is happy im happy!hope it all goes good 2day!& i score 2nite!"

412 posts