Stephen Hunt to Hull - fee agreed

412 posts
chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Stephen Hunt to Hull - fee agreed

by chilipepper91 » 11 Aug 2009 17:23

Royal With Cheese
Royalee Has he still not pissed off?

Noel Tweeted earlier on that he's gone. I'm presuming that means he's accepted Hull's offer but hasn't signed yet.

So long Hunty - you talked a lot of crap but you weren't a bad player.

whats his Twitter RWC?

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 11 Aug 2009 17:49

boyhunt.

:mrgreen:

REALROYAL

by REALROYAL » 11 Aug 2009 19:13

Thanks god that twat is going!!!! Hunt has got to be the most over rated player in the championship..Any chance we might spent a bit on a new stirker now?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 11 Aug 2009 19:16

Lucky NHunt never posts on here - he'd been slaughtered. His spelling ain't the best ....

E.g. : 'Is just finished a training and is going home to eat role on tonight!!'

The spelling mafia would have a hey-day with him ...

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 11 Aug 2009 19:25

Best memory I have of him was seeing him in the den of disrepute in Reading that is the SugarLounge after a game .

Overated , overpaid , best place for him Oooll

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 11 Aug 2009 22:20

All the bashing of SHunt is well out of order.

He was a good player for us, then his motivation went and he said he wanted out. That wish has now been granted to the benefit of all parties.

Thanks for the good times Hunty (ignore the morons) - all the best at Hull.

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 11 Aug 2009 22:59

Would that footballers were the Gods we imagine them to be.

He was released by Brentford- on his way to Barnsley (who had at one time at least, been a top-flight club) when he was offered the opportunity to come to Reading. Probably didn't even have to move house- and when you have just lost your £500 a week job, that probably matters.

He was pretty much a bit part player in the glorious 05/06 season. I am not the first to say he was not fit to lace Bobby's boots. But he desperately wanted to be. He is a seriously ambitious man. Driven. Driven to a point where his ambition (or ego) far exceeds his ability. It is a rare comodity.

He got his big break when Convey was injured- and 10 seconds later became a household name. Probably more famous than any Reading player has been ever.

He played out of his skin, in an over-achieving side. That team is unrivalled as being far far, far above the sum of its parts. Stephen Hunts reward- a place in the National squad. He truly has reached the heights he always dreamed he was capable of. Playing for His country and in the EPL.

Then he needed more- a "bigger" club. One that wasn't going to struggle- he had finished "struggling." He was a success- and needed to be part of a successful team...

Maybe a greedy agent was dripping ideas in his head...he is not the brightest- and PR and publicity men are there to appeal to the egos...but he became convinced he is bigger than Reading. He deserves better. Maybe he even believed that we were holding him back. That we were keeping bids from him. We tried to reassure him, gave him a HUGE get out clause- that is how much we need and love and want you. Then, a smaller one perhaps….just to prove we are not holding him back….Honest.
I hope for the sake of HCFC fans, his move back to the Premier League is enough of a boost to his flagging ego for him to return to form. The two clubs are remarkably similar. ‘cept for the obvious- we picked him up and challenged him for free….Hull have just repaid us for how many years wages?

Bye Steve, good luck.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 11 Aug 2009 23:00

On his way to Bradford

hth

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 11 Aug 2009 23:04

rfcjoe On his way to Bradford

hth

:oops: Worse- I actually knew that- and took ten seconds to work out what you meant. Not a typo...more of a wino.

I shall retreat from this fabled board and make my way quietly back to AE. :oops:

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 12 Aug 2009 10:03

exileinleeds Then he needed more- a "bigger" club. One that wasn't going to struggle- he had finished "struggling." He was a success- and needed to be part of a successful team...

Then he's probably going to the wrong club! Hull is not that much bigger than Reading.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 12 Aug 2009 10:21

Thaumagurist*
Then he's probably going to the wrong club! Hull is not that much bigger than Reading.

I would say that Hull is a considerably bigger club than Reading. They just happen to be, along with Cardiff and Plymouth to be world class at under achieving.

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 12 Aug 2009 10:24

Terminal Boardom
Thaumagurist*

I would say that Hull is a considerably bigger club than Reading. They just happen to be, along with Cardiff and Plymouth to be world class at under achieving.

Add Brighton to that list!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 12 Aug 2009 10:38

W&E Royal
Terminal Boardom
Thaumagurist*

Add Brighton to that list!

:lol:

Has he signed yet? Has he actually gone???

Aeroguide

by Aeroguide » 12 Aug 2009 10:55

^ Last seen disappearing up his own ass

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 12 Aug 2009 11:13

My money would be on a formal announcement / press conference tomorrow. He has probably returned to the RoI squad for the game tonight with the request to "sleep on it".

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 12 Aug 2009 11:47

This is quite excellent. Having said for the past 3 years that Hunt is a vey average footballer, workrate unquestionable but other than that what he brings isn't half of what he thinks he brings. Him being so dire last season along with kebe's inconsistancy were the main reasons that watching Reading in 2009 was about as enjoyable as an entire series of Hetty Wainthrop investigates.

It's interesting know that the verdict on here is almost unanimous that Hunt is crap, where when i dared question his abilities 2 years ago I recieved all sorts of nonsense in reply.

Hull city is the perfect club for you. They are absolutely desperate for anyone having had anyone decent turn them down and you are desperate to go anywhere clealry. Goodbye, Good riddance. Thanks for making my Saturday's 100 times better by not having to watch you run head first into players and inevitably hit the crowd with crossing attempts.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Aug 2009 11:48

Alan Partridge It's interesting know that the verdict on here is almost unanimous that Hunt is crap, where when i dared question his abilities 2 years ago I recieved all sorts of nonsense in reply.

It's nowhere near that, and anyway, he's nowhere near as crap as Lita! :wink:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Aug 2009 14:39

Hull City fans (on their forum) reporting that there is a "late rival" for Hunt's signature - supposedly Everton.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Aug 2009 14:40

bidding war please!

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 12 Aug 2009 15:09

brendywendy bidding war please!

This isn't fantasy football or FM Live, a bidding war will only help line Hunt and his agent's pockets, not ours. Where they'll be upping the price is in his wages, not what they're offering us. If club A offered £3m, then we'd pressumably accept £3m from club B (supposing they're not a direct threat to us, but even then we'd probably accept).

412 posts