NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Gregorz Rasiak

145 posts
Basingstoke Royal

Re: Grzegorz Rasiak

by Basingstoke Royal » 14 Aug 2009 18:00

RFCMod
rg6royal
RFCMod Rumour in the Mail today that we're lining up a £500,000 bid for Grzegorz Rasiak from Saints
34 but knows where the goal is and for 500,000 I think worth a punt for a couple of seasons

He's 34? :shock:

Yeah alright,a few days in Amsterdam and I can't f**king count

I was in the dam too. Great few days. Were you wearing a reading shirt on Thursday?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Aug 2009 18:04

Deathy
Royalwaster
RFCMod Rumour in the Mail today that we're lining up a £500,000 bid for Grzegorz Rasiak from Saints
34 but knows where the goal is and for 500,000 I think worth a punt for a couple of seasons

You got a link for that rumour?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/index.html

I can't find it.

Somebody on swansea site seems to have seen the same thing - so I guess it's not invented

See: http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopi ... c7fe09be5d

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Gregorz Rasiak

by Deathy » 14 Aug 2009 18:12

They really really want him. :lol:

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 14 Aug 2009 20:16

It does seem BR want to add some experience to our attacking ranks with the links to Smith and now Rasiak. Personally Im not to sure about Rasiak, not done too much in recent years and is he mobile enough. Though I guess we have plenty of mobile forwards already and maybe the lack skills Rasiak could add.

Plus not really sure there's too much out there? Can't say anyone springs to mind....

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Aug 2009 20:26

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe It does seem BR want to add some experience to our attacking ranks with the links to Smith and now Rasiak. Personally Im not to sure about Rasiak, not done too much in recent years and is he mobile enough. Though I guess we have plenty of mobile forwards already and maybe the lack skills Rasiak could add.

Plus not really sure there's too much out there? Can't say anyone springs to mind....

With the plethora of youth, and considering that BR was talking "Total Football" on Saturday, we desperately need a Jari Litmanen style player up front to hold everything together. Now, if Patrick Kluivert is available, fit and raring to go...

EDIT - But isn't this role perfect for Marek??? Either lays the ball back, out wide, forward or takes the ball on himself?

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 14 Aug 2009 20:43

Terminal Boardom
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe It does seem BR want to add some experience to our attacking ranks with the links to Smith and now Rasiak. Personally Im not to sure about Rasiak, not done too much in recent years and is he mobile enough. Though I guess we have plenty of mobile forwards already and maybe the lack skills Rasiak could add.

With the plethora of youth, and considering that BR was talking "Total Football" on Saturday, we desperately need a Jari Litmanen style player up front to hold everything together. Now, if Patrick Kluivert is available, fit and raring to go...

EDIT - But isn't this role perfect for Marek??? Either lays the ball back, out wide, forward or takes the ball on himself?

Is Marek strong enough? We need to find somewhere for him though...

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 14 Aug 2009 20:48

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Personally Im not to sure about Rasiak, not done too much in recent years

He scored 10 in 15 under Rodgers last season while on loan at Watford, and 54 goals in 152 League Games to summarise.

http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopi ... c7fe09be5d

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 14 Aug 2009 22:52

Deathy
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Personally Im not to sure about Rasiak, not done too much in recent years

He scored 10 in 15 under Rodgers last season while on loan at Watford, and 54 goals in 152 League Games to summarise.

Come on Jay, you've been round here too long to expect opinion to be backed up by fact.

:wink:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Aug 2009 01:12

Deathy

Hmmm, that's a fair bit better than I imagined.

Never really performed in front of my eyes, either in flesh or from my over-used armchair.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 15 Aug 2009 12:50

well theres the experience in the team then :D

Friday's Child

by Friday's Child » 15 Aug 2009 19:23

Exactly the sort of player we needed today against Newcastle.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 15 Aug 2009 19:27

Rasiak's terrible. I'm an Odra Wodzisław fan and he's always been something of a carthorse. Did really well at a Groclin team who tore up the Polish league, but that was a special case where he had a good support striker in Niedzielan - we'd need to be providing him with far higher quality service to get anything like a decent return out of him. There are better options still in Poland, let alone in the lower English leagues.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Aug 2009 19:32

Friday's Child Exactly the sort of player we needed today against Newcastle.

A somewhat lazy, but clinical striker who thrives on good service? Erm, OK.....

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 15 Aug 2009 19:37

Platypuss A somewhat lazy, but clinical striker who thrives on good service? Erm, OK.....

I wouldn't say he's lazy, he's just not that talented. A bit of a flat-track bully too, as you'll probably ascertain from his international career http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grzegorz_R ... land_Goals

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 15 Aug 2009 19:56

prostak
Platypuss A somewhat lazy, but clinical striker who thrives on good service? Erm, OK.....

I wouldn't say he's lazy, he's just not that talented. A bit of a flat-track bully too, as you'll probably ascertain from his international career http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grzegorz_R ... land_Goals

He scored 10 in 15 under Rodgers last season while on loan at Watford, and 54 goals in 152 league games
His 1 in 3 record suggests he's talented.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 16 Aug 2009 09:34

But not talented enough for this crowd, anything less than Kaka or Ronaldo won't do for this crowd.

dink

by dink » 16 Aug 2009 09:42

He's 34? :shock:[/quote]

Yeah alright,a few days in Amsterdam and I can't f**king count[/quote]

I was in the dam too. Great few days. Were you wearing a reading shirt on Thursday?[/quote]

that was me.. lol - i'm the one with the Tadley rfc flag
great few days that was :wink:

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 16 Aug 2009 12:00

Go on then, justify that statement. Just how would we have benefitted from a striker who would still have had to thrive on the total lack of service from midfield. We came up against a top class midfield today and we were outclassed; that won't happen every week, but we do need to get some creativity into our side so that the strikers we do have get chances to convert into goals. I suspect that is why BR is after Smith, he has the ability to open defences and create chances, some of which he will convert and others he will set up for the strikers.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 16 Aug 2009 12:09

West Stand Man

Go on then, justify that statement. Just how would we have benefitted from a striker who would still have had to thrive on the total lack of service from midfield. We came up against a top class midfield today and we were outclassed; that won't happen every week, but we do need to get some creativity into our side so that the strikers we do have get chances to convert into goals. I suspect that is why BR is after Smith, he has the ability to open defences and create chances, some of which he will convert and others he will set up for the strikers.

Completely agree, but then wonder why Matejovski didn't play, and Harper didn't start?

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 16 Aug 2009 17:04

Deathy He scored 10 in 15 under Rodgers last season while on loan at Watford, and 54 goals in 152 league games
His 1 in 3 record suggests he's talented.

If he's given great service, yes he can score. But if he's that talented, why do you think he remains below players such as Paweł Brożek and Marek Saganowski in the national squad, and hasn't been near selection for 2 years now? If we're going for itinerant Poles, Ebi Smolarek's currently unemployed... I'd be curious to see how much his expected wages are.

145 posts