DROP ROSENIOR

251 posts
Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: DROP ROSENIOR

by Deathy » 15 Aug 2009 21:09

Terminal Boardom Can't we replace Deathy with someone who will SUPPORT the club?

Can't fault my support my old mate. You try living in Leeds and not missing a home game for 3 years. I'm entitled to an opinion, wether you like it or not. Rosenior is bloody awful far too often. I only persistanly knock two players - Kebe and Long. Seriously try and defend them if you will, but they're just terrible.

Deathy Yeah why not? It's not always about success. The improvement in how we pass the ball about is there for all to see. Give this team a few months, and I think we'll have a decent young little outfit. Not promotion standard, but expecting that this season is foolish. I'm confident looking at that team that we'll be a midtable side. We just need one, maybe two strikers in this next week or so.

So shut your face. :wink:

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 15 Aug 2009 21:16

Deathy
Terminal Boardom Can't we replace Deathy with someone who will SUPPORT the club?

Can't fault my support my old mate. You try living in Leeds and not missing a home game for 3 years. I'm entitled to an opinion, whether you like it or not. Rosenior is bloody awful far too often. I only persistently knock two players - Kebe and Long. Seriously try and defend them if you will, but they're just terrible. So shut your face. :wink:

I'll leave you two to your little argument but I think it's become clear from the first three games that Rosenior has joined Kebe and Long in the make or break it club. Big season for all three, they have potential but it's time for them to deliver. To be fair, Long had very little to work with today and worked hard, Rosenior did little wrong and defended well but Kebe was non-existent. Depending on the formation I'd give Long another go on Tuesday but Kebe along with Church is a prime contender to be dropped.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Aug 2009 21:18

2 league games in :roll:

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 15 Aug 2009 21:23

Make the most of what we've got until we get better, jumping on roseies back will only make him play ever more oxf*rdy ( is that the right term to use that word, im still learning :wink: ) , so yeah just be patient and for every dodgy game he has, he should hopefully learn from it, and yield two much better games in return in the not too distant future

:mrgreen:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 15 Aug 2009 21:24

Not the best time to tell you the Newcastle win gave me £64.65 :lol:

Free £10 bet on Sunderland and all winnings on Newcaslte. I wanted a silver lining if we lost. :P It's only football...

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 15 Aug 2009 21:27

I guess we should replace Pearce too as the first cross went over his head and the second goal could have been prevented if he had carried on playing rather than turning around and moaning.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 15 Aug 2009 21:45

My problem with Rosenior is not so much that he's not a great footballer - he's probably adequate, certainly at this level – it's that he's an idiot who can't see anything even resembling an official without arguing with it.

For proof of this I would site Swansea away last term. At 1-0 down and having played abysmally for 60 minutes we suddenly looked much better as Matejovsky came on and we went 4-5-1. What does Rosenior do? He throws the ball away and argues himself into a yellow because he disagrees with a throw-in decision. Five minutes later he actually needs to do something about an opponent and picks up a second yellow, game over.

With his disciplinary record we really need credible cover for that position.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Aug 2009 21:53

londinium I guess we should replace Pearce too as the first cross went over his head and the second goal could have been prevented if he had carried on playing rather than turning around and moaning.

Put it down to experience. TBF, everyone switched off for the second. I don't expect that to happen again.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Aug 2009 21:56

Bring back Andy Gurney

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 15 Aug 2009 21:58

Forbury Lion Bring back Andy Gurney

Dark days.

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 15 Aug 2009 22:52

Terminal Boardom
londinium I guess we should replace Pearce too as the first cross went over his head and the second goal could have been prevented if he had carried on playing rather than turning around and moaning.

Put it down to experience. TBF, everyone switched off for the second. I don't expect that to happen again.

TB they are supposed to be, however young, professional footballers. That comedy defending would have been a joke on a Sunday morning on Cantley park. Ball clearly in play, defence decides it is better to have a gossip than clear the ball - pathetic!

I note that the Newcastle players did not 'switch off'

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 15 Aug 2009 23:19

Rosenior has been inconsistant for 18 months, more even. Poor passing, not looking up, giving the ball away, panics and hoofs, shrugs his shoulders and doesn't take responsibility. It's not about one game. He was one of the better players today, yet still going missing and leaving space to exploit time and time again.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 16 Aug 2009 09:58

Andy Bernal.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Aug 2009 10:24

Deathy He was one of the better players today

Having opened a thread a few minutes after the game entitled "DROP ROSENIOR"...?

Attention seeking at its most feeble.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 16 Aug 2009 10:50

I am going to wait until Spetmeber before getting concerned or alarmed. 2 games and you would already think that we were relegated to the Combined Counties League. Get a grip folks.

by 1960 » 16 Aug 2009 11:26

I'll add to the criticise every player club. After Pearce's unforgiveable stupidity leading up to the second goal, and when he realised the ball was still live he just stood on the edge of the box like a rabbit in the headlights and did not move to cover players. So the cross went over his head and had to be dealt with (not dealt with) by the totally exposed Rosenior.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 16 Aug 2009 11:46

1960 I'll add to the criticise every player club. After Pearce's unforgiveable stupidity leading up to the second goal, and when he realised the ball was still live he just stood on the edge of the box like a rabbit in the headlights and did not move to cover players. So the cross went over his head and had to be dealt with (not dealt with) by the totally exposed Rosenior.

Cissé didn't do much to help him...

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 16 Aug 2009 12:11

Plymouth_Royal
LoyalRoyalFan To be honest, Rosenior made some good tackles and was better than some of the players on the pitch.

agreed.

I think this poor team performance is just an excuse to make rosenior a scapegoat. Im no fan of him but he actually played fairly well today. The only player who should be VERY disappointed today is Long. He was awful up front and his lack of concentration for the corner cost us a penalty. Thought karacan and fed played well today though.

Ah yes, the "Long is shit regardless of his perormance" brigade is still going strong. I'd be interested to see an amalgamation of the socres given by the press for yessterday. The Times has him as our best player; maybe he wasn't, but he did work his socks off against a lack of quality feed from midfield and little (if any) support once he had possession. As for the penalty - it was a fair shout and he really didn't do much wrong except mistime his jump (which makes him human).

The player who really does need to have a sleepness night is Pearce, who deserves a rollicking for not chasing that ball out of play for the second goal. That was real Sunday League stuff.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 16 Aug 2009 12:17

West Stand Man
Plymouth_Royal
LoyalRoyalFan To be honest, Rosenior made some good tackles and was better than some of the players on the pitch.

agreed.

I think this poor team performance is just an excuse to make rosenior a scapegoat. Im no fan of him but he actually played fairly well today. The only player who should be VERY disappointed today is Long. He was awful up front and his lack of concentration for the corner cost us a penalty. Thought karacan and fed played well today though.

Ah yes, the "Long is shit regardless of his perormance" brigade is still going strong. I'd be interested to see an amalgamation of the socres given by the press for yessterday. The Times has him as our best player; maybe he wasn't, but he did work his socks off against a lack of quality feed from midfield and little (if any) support once he had possession. As for the penalty - it was a fair shout and he really didn't do much wrong except mistime his jump (which makes him human).

The player who really does need to have a sleepness night is Pearce, who deserves a rollicking for not chasing that ball out of play for the second goal. That was real Sunday League stuff.

It looks terrible if you watch the replay. He is lambasting people for not pushing out whilst at the same time he hasn't even checked if the ball went out or not! I'm sure he'll learn from it though.

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 16 Aug 2009 12:27

Archie's penalty
West Stand Man The player who really does need to have a sleepness night is Pearce, who deserves a rollicking for not chasing that ball out of play for the second goal. That was real Sunday League stuff.

It looks terrible if you watch the replay. He is lambasting people for not pushing out whilst at the same time he hasn't even checked if the ball went out or not! I'm sure he'll learn from it though.

Tabb was equally at fault for not reacting quick enough. Pearce will learn and whilst it was very poor at least he was showing some leadership! He will not need a rollicking in my opinion because he is a good enough player with enough drive to make himself as good as possible (which could well be very very good indeed!) to know what he did and never do it again.

It was Sunday League from Pearce but if Tabb had not also been in Sunday League mode or if Talyors cross had been Sunday League then he would have got away with it and most on here would not have even picked up on it - he would have though (IMO) which is why he is already a more than usefull player for us.

251 posts