Tommy Smith - Gazumped by Pompey - Thread

2326 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The Unruined Tommy Smith RUMOUR Thread

by floyd__streete » 23 Aug 2009 17:53

Royal Rother We win, we get our man. (Presumably.)

They win, they get the big fee.

Everyone's happy.

Except Reading FC supporters of course who will look for the big negative.

http://www.watfordfc.com/page/NewsDetai ... 22,00.html

:lol:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 23 Aug 2009 17:58

"The guaranteed fees they proposed were less than what was acceptable and the rest of their bid was based upon "jam tomorrow" add ons, which included a hefty proportion based upon Reading achieving promotion to the Premier League.

"In any event, I was told on Friday by a Reading representative that Sir John Madejski has withdrawn Reading from the race to sign Tommy and that they are moving on to other targets."

Because we wont pay £1.8m for one of the best players in this league, but will pay £2m for Matt Mills. Strange.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Disgrace

by SteveRoyal » 23 Aug 2009 17:58

oxf*rd sakeeee. This is embarrassing. This whole affair should never have come out in the media.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Disgrace - RFC pull out of Tommy Smith deal.

by Royalee » 23 Aug 2009 18:04

My unwavering support for our chairman is in danger of coming to an end unless he sorts this out before the window shuts and brings in the two players Brendan has said he wants.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 23 Aug 2009 18:08

some money up front then the rest should we promoted?..little wonder Watford turned it down, jeez what a cock JM is turning into!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Aug 2009 18:14

TBH I think this is just the WFC chairman playing games. I still expect this to come through.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Disgrace

by PEARCEY » 23 Aug 2009 18:15

floyd__streete

Oh dear. What a grubby little affair. RFC do not apear to come out of this situation very well at all.

Thats putting it mildly. When you consider the amount of money the club have raked in from out-going transfers we really shouldn't be trying to get a decent player on the cheap like this. Its poor stuff.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 23 Aug 2009 18:17

winchester_royal TBH I think this is just the WFC chairman playing games. I still expect this to come through.

Well one thing that doesn't make sense is Brendan Rodgers claiming this weekend that we did match Sheffield's bid in every way. Russo says different, and to be honest, I believe Russo. It sounds just about right that we would match the £1.8m but with a large proportion being based on promotion, which lets be serious, aint happening!

Russo is a horrible awkward little oxf*rd, but fair play to him if that is the case. I wouldn't want us to sell our best player with a large proportion of the fee based on something that is less than hopeful.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Aug 2009 18:22

Sir Dodger Royal In no way should we be crawling to a Hertfordshire pikey who grows lettuce for a living.

LOLlo @ Russo indeed.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 23 Aug 2009 18:23

Royal Spangle Mr Mad your a disgrace , wtf is going on - we are led to believe that Watford had turned down our offer for Smith , when in fact Mr Mad pulled the plug on the deal :evil: Time for him to go me thinks!

But in all seriousness, we are in such a mess it's untrue. £1.8m and outright is not a lot for such a telented player, and 29 is not fecking old!! There's 3 quality years in him. Unbelievable. :cry:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Aug 2009 18:25

Jay, enough of the grammar pedantry - you're in no position at all to pick holes in others' grammar, so give it a rest. :roll:

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 23 Aug 2009 18:27

This is no surprise really, the man is now just taking us apart brick by brick, he has no intention of getting us back in the Premiership, I just wish he would get out and give somene who has the desire and determintion to push us forward. BR is the person who is going to take the flak for our league form and position, but he has been put in an impossible position by Mr Ego ! we are dying on the blocks at the moment its a disgrace that he is putting us in this position, if you dont want to be here then sell up and go, his constat jibbering wen we sign a player that this "shows the determination of the club to get back to the Premiership" is just rubbish. I just wish he would come out and say why he is doing what he is at the moment, but he never will. As for the value of the club, that is falling like a stone at the moment and sadly that means that the money monster will be here ruining it for a while longer I suspect. I would not be surprised if by the 2nd September we still have no new blood here, after all that might cost money!

yuomi

by yuomi » 23 Aug 2009 18:28

we embarrass them by very publically poaching their boss.

they show us up in a transfer saga they apparenty had no intention of following through in the first place.

tie. :roll:
Last edited by yuomi on 23 Aug 2009 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 23 Aug 2009 18:29

Given that the evidence available to us suggests that Brendan covets the player and Reading have netted circa £11m with the sales of Doyle, Hunt and Bikey - not to mention the huge wage savings that go with that, I have to say I was surprised when they said that they were no longer interested in signing Tommy because of a clause that is commonplace in transfers today.

Is Jimmy Russo a Reading fan? He thinks exactly how I feel

Madejski out, Russo IN

royalrose

by royalrose » 23 Aug 2009 18:29

this club is becoming more and more of a joke.

Royal Spangle

by Royal Spangle » 23 Aug 2009 18:30

I bet Smithy is wondering what is going on , I bet hes as P*ssed off as us.It will be interesting to see what comes out of the Reading camp after this!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 23 Aug 2009 18:35

Why am I not at ALL surprised!?!?!

The goal this season is survival - simply be in this division at the end of the season. Said it before and will say again - a long hard season ahead.

Remember 87-8? Ignominous relegation and a Wembley win. What chance a repaet this year? Roll on Barnsley Tuesday!!

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 23 Aug 2009 18:36

Royal Spangle I bet Smithy is wondering what is going on , I bet hes as P*ssed off as us.It will be interesting to see what comes out of the Reading camp after this!

Diarrhea.

Rodgers said this weekend that we have matched Sheff Utd's offer completely but Russo says the opposite. A large part of our bis is based on promotion that aint happening!

If that's true, fair play Russo!

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 23 Aug 2009 18:42

What a FARCE..... Credit to Russo for going public on this matter.

royalrose

by royalrose » 23 Aug 2009 18:42

i dont blame the youngsters or brendan rodgers at all john madejski and nick hammond are making this club lose all the respect we ever had for the way we conducted or business.

2326 posts