34%

Total votes: 29
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: Rogers must go? (POLL)

by Platypuss » 23 Aug 2009 21:53

Royal Rother
FiNeRaIn RR is so proud of that one he's posted it three times on separate threads :roll:

All you moaning ignorant tossers are posting the same shit on all 3 threads so thought I'd do the same thing.

Couldn't be bothered to change the words.

As has been pointed out, Russo hasn't been at for Watford for 12 months, let alone years.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Aug 2009 23:36

Then how did the Russos manage to get removed from Watford's board in 2007? :|

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Aug 2009 23:52

Royalee To begin with I wouldn't call for the manager's head after 4 games - he's only been here a short time and everything he has influenced has been positive - the problem is with what he hasn't been able to influence thus far in terms of bringing in firepower and sorting out the deficiencies we have in our squad (e.g. Rosenior and Long).

We dominated up until the first goal and even after then until the second which was an exceptionally rare error from Federici and changed the game - we were always chasing from that point. Rodgers is changing the style of our team and that will take time - first he needs to get the team used to passing the ball well and retaining possession before getting a balance between the former and mixing it up when it needs to be like he did at Watford after a while (a few games) of transition when the fans there also got impatient. Unfortunately, in order to make the most out of this style of play, we need some attacking players with some quality - with the exception of Noel Hunt and Matejovsky who have both been injured, we lack that and need it brought in sharpish, which Rodgers has openly acknowledged and wants to address. I'm a big fan of Madejski, but he is at a crossroads where he risks losing the fans completely if he does not appear to fully back the manager financially in doing this and it is absolutely vital he does so. HOWEVER, I will pass judgement on Madejski once the transfer window has passed and not before (although today may have swayed him slightly towards putting his money where his mouth is if the way things have been phrased on the OS tonight are anything to go by).

There is a common misconception that our youngsters are 'rubbish' and 'not up to it', which quite frankly is a load of old bollocks. Pearce looks calm and assured, rarely puts a foot wrong (Newcastle second goal aside) and is light years ahead of Duberry's performances last season no matter how deluded some of our fans are - I can count on one hand the number of major mistakes Pearce has made in a blue and white shirt whereas I'd need a tally chart spanning several pages for Duberry's. Karacan was again superb today and ran the game with Sigurdsson in the first half in particular and both looked very good even though the latter faded slightly later on after he was very unlucky not to score what would have been an excellent goal.

Mills is a new signing and had only had 45 minutes of pre season to show for himself until 10 days ago and it will take a couple of games for him to slot into our back four given he is still gaining sharpness and learning what we require of him tactically. That said, he scored today and showed all the raw attributes of a very good signing so I have no worries whatsoever about him, I find it an absolute disgrace that people are already getting on his back.

As I said the weaklinks in the team are Rosenior and going forward. The legendary status Murts has (deservedly so) has been compounded by the arrival of this buffoon at the club - he cannot mark, defend or distribute the ball properly and needs to be removed from our team as soon as possible. Given we have a lot of bodies in central midfield and looking at Cisse today not being best-suited to the role he was given, I would be very tempted to put him in at right back. He is far sounder defensively than Rosenior, has pace and strength and will be far harder to beat until Kelly returns.

Shane Long is fine as an impact player and will occasionally do something decent like turn that ball in for Noel Hunt to cushion to Tabb when he blasted over the bar, but he lacks the intelligence and goal threat to start. We need to replace him with a decent proven centre forward who will get us goals and gamble (like Long didn't during the scramble about 5-10 minutes from the end when two crosses came in and he hugged the back post for both instead of attacking the delivery which any good goalscorer would have done). We are also lacking Rodgers' 'link striker' to join up the midfield and attack - obviously Smith has been looked at here, although I think Watford are messing us around too much for my liking.

Looking at the current market, I would be tempted to bring in 2 or 3 from Smith, Rasiak, McSheffrey and M. Bent - players proven to succeed in this division without blowing ridiculous money (we could probably get Smith, Rasiak and M. Bent for less than the £3 million Hunt was sold for in all honesty although wages would need to be taken into account). However, this is not Football Manager so I will leave our targets to the manager as his two signings thus far have been very decent in my eyes - Bertrand was again one of our top performers today.

Right so what you are saying is we need to buy a right back, at least one striker, an attacking midfielder used to a 433 formation, and providing Mills improves dramatically another centre back (although we have no cover so maybe 2 is more like it)?

We need also need an experienced tackling midfielder (either buy it or use ones we have) and are lacking leadership all over the pitch. That adds up to needing 40-50% of a new team? Why wasn't any of this sorted a month ago? Are alarm bells ringing?

The team's far too young and inexperienced - they will get better but we can't spend the whole season waiting for them to get it. We'll be relegated. We have to use the experience we have in the squad at an absolute minimum.

Scapegoating players won't help. Rosenior's no great player but really is he the reason we have 2 points in 4 games??? No just like Duberry wasn't the reason we got relegated and didn't go up last season.

Hogmeister Royal

by Hogmeister Royal » 24 Aug 2009 00:03

Fascinating coming back to HNA after a week without internet access - I see the doom and gloom merchants are out in full force, with the usual attitude - why bother with some perspective when a knee-jerk reaction is more fun?

I pretty much agree with everything Royalee said earlier (except for the Rosenior slating). Key thing is that a) we're just four matches in FFS and b) it was always the case that we had to sell before we could buy.

The real acid test for Buck comes in the next 3-6 months, in terms of selecting new players to bring in and then shaping the team.

shoey

by shoey » 24 Aug 2009 00:19

lol royalee was moaning when we finsihed in the play offs, now love it as we are now shit lthats funny, not offence meant but its a bit strange.

I think fans are fickle, we all are at certain points, but the knee jerk reaction is because we have set high standards, and now look miles off them standards.

Also you want to see positives in the team, and there have not been any yet.

It is early though, we will see.

But I would be happier with SC still here, ok they aint going happen now, but I said at the time, someone with more experience would have been my choice, SC had tonnes of it when he come along, and I think its why it worked with him so well

yuomi

by yuomi » 24 Aug 2009 00:24

Gus the teenage cow
Royal Rother Over the last few years it has become apparent to Watford supporters that very little that comes out of the mouth of Mr Russo can be trusted, yet bizarrely Reading FC fans are quite happy to take his rant about how poorly our club has conducted business over Tommy Smith at face value. I guess these people conveniently forget the fact that on more than one occasion recently clubs and their Chairmen have commented on how it has been a pleasure dealing with RFC in transfer matters due to the straightforward and professional way in which we handle them.

I couldn't possibly know but it is far more likely that, in this particular case, Russo moved the goalposts once too often causing us to pull out.

But, curiously, it seems far more satisfying for many to believe that our own club is at fault.

this post falls down on the blindingly obvious fact that russo has absolutely no reason to lie about how that transfer was conducted, he is not trying to con his fans that the player is not for sale , or that he won't sale to evil Reading etc., he admitted all those things - we just didn't stump up what was necessary, WE ARE TIGHT FCUKERS even when we are loaded and desperate for reinforcements, end of discussion, NEXT

+1

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 24 Aug 2009 00:39

Gus the teenage cow
Royal Rother Over the last few years it has become apparent to Watford supporters that very little that comes out of the mouth of Mr Russo can be trusted, yet bizarrely Reading FC fans are quite happy to take his rant about how poorly our club has conducted business over Tommy Smith at face value. I guess these people conveniently forget the fact that on more than one occasion recently clubs and their Chairmen have commented on how it has been a pleasure dealing with RFC in transfer matters due to the straightforward and professional way in which we handle them.

I couldn't possibly know but it is far more likely that, in this particular case, Russo moved the goalposts once too often causing us to pull out.

But, curiously, it seems far more satisfying for many to believe that our own club is at fault.

this post falls down on the blindingly obvious fact that russo has absolutely no reason to lie about how that transfer was conducted, he is not trying to con his fans that the player is not for sale , or that he won't sale to evil Reading etc., he admitted all those things - we just didn't stump up what was necessary, WE ARE TIGHT FCUKERS even when we are loaded and desperate for reinforcements, end of discussion, NEXT

He's caused grief between Madejski and Rodgers
He's caused grief between the fans and Madejski
He's caused grief between Smith and RFC
He's given Watford fans something to laugh about
Butter wouldn't melt in his mouth

Gus = Suckerrrrrrr!

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 24 Aug 2009 00:43

Anybody that thinks that Rogers should go now is a oxf*rd idiot.

Roy Alsup

by Roy Alsup » 24 Aug 2009 01:12

Arnie_Pie Anybody that thinks that Rogers should go now is a oxf*rd idiot.

Seconded.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Aug 2009 01:19

yeah, you#'rer all stupid pcitns
pcunts

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Aug 2009 01:19

Roy Alsup

Seconded.

Carried.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 24 Aug 2009 01:28

winchester_royal
Roy Alsup

Seconded.

Carried.

And served in a warm pitta with salad and houmous.

Is there anyone sober left on here tonight? I just can't sleep atm.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 Aug 2009 01:30

I'm sober but need to be pissed to read some of this crap. :D

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 24 Aug 2009 01:41

royalexile I'm sober but need to be pissed to read some of this crap. :D

Good point and well made, time to stop annoying myself with this crap and work myself into an apoplexy listening to the drivel served up on Radio 5.

TheMaraudingDog

Which wise nobber

by TheMaraudingDog » 24 Aug 2009 09:24

Said Reading should never have taken on a manager with 6 month experience where he lost more games than he won?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Which wise nobber

by loyalroyal4life » 24 Aug 2009 09:39

TheMaraudingDog Said Reading should never have taken on a manager with 6 month experience where he lost more games than he won?

Not very wise really when the underlying problem does not necessarily lie with that fact but really is down to madejski not appointing someone who was happy to spend bugger all as SSC did on transfer fees. i think BUCK will buck out of the club at end of season

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 24 Aug 2009 09:42

cant we just get the answer, then add this to all the other threads?

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 24 Aug 2009 09:42

Wrote off his team after a few games and wrongfully blamed the team. The fault lies with chairman who refuses to spend money strengthening the areas that need immediate attention.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 24 Aug 2009 09:44

FFS you cannot buy what is not for sale, so far all we know about is T Smith, and we know what happened there, it could well be there are only two others in the pipeline, and if we fail there either from offering too little or them not wanting to come to RFC we may have to manage with what we have.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 24 Aug 2009 09:53

Loyal supporters?

my arse.

Some people are really in severe danger of embarrasing themselves big time with the sort of rubbish they are posting at the moment; and remember people, the stuff you are writing now WILL be ressurected in the future (anyone else remeber ITFC's wonder post about Fozzie?? :lol: ).

PS: Paraquat and razor blade sales in the Thames Valley are lifting the country out of recession; well done people!

:roll:

417 posts