Tommy Smith - Gazumped by Pompey - Thread

2326 posts
Dorset-Knob

Re: The Tommy Smith Thread

by Dorset-Knob » 24 Aug 2009 14:39

Could solve so many problems though, formation could be 1-1 Fed in goal, Smith everything else! If he signs I only hope that he is given a chance to shine, the same as the new manager and team doh!!! :shock:

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 24 Aug 2009 14:39

Still there but not on the banner anymore, that's reserved for the FA charge.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 24 Aug 2009 14:39

Huntley & Palmer Well it's still on their TV channel, we shall see

If so, it was a fine quick piece of fishing from TBM, it was feeding frenzy time and TBM has dropped the line in the pond and collected a netful.

Good darts.

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 24 Aug 2009 14:40

Alan Partridge
(.)Boobies(.)
TBM Now taken off of SSN

Apparently was a hoax by someone claiming to be at the ground :x

Oh dear. Sky Sources indeed.

Is this true??!! ALOLITO.

I do hope not, but as I said when this 'news' broke, I have a couple of very reliable sources and neither had heard about any new developments. I had hoped this had all been sorted early today and that it was kebt under raps, but it instead it appears to be a spotty little oik who has emailed in to Sky Sports News and made a fool out of them and us.

specialjon

by specialjon » 24 Aug 2009 14:40

This is comedy magic! I guess we're waiting for the transfer text update thing to come up on the official site and we know we're in business.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Aug 2009 14:41

He had me going. I LOL'd. :oops:

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 24 Aug 2009 14:41

Dorset-Knob Could solve so many problems though, formation could be 1-1 Fed in goal, Smith everything else! If he signs I only hope that he is given a chance to shine, the same as the new manager and team doh!!! :shock:

Replace Federici with Smith!

We all dream of a team of Tommy Smith's, a team of Tommy Smith's...

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 24 Aug 2009 14:42

specialjon This is comedy magic! I guess we're waiting for the transfer text update thing to come up on the official site and we know we're in business.

I wouldn't hold your breath. They've probably forgotten how to use it.

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 24 Aug 2009 14:43

specialjon This is comedy magic! I guess we're waiting for the transfer text update thing to come up on the official site and we know we're in business.

Expect a "LOL, not really" to follow it.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Aug 2009 14:43

royalrose Madejski has realised the fans were getting on his back for not investing so he has to do this to get some respect back

Unbelievable. He puts £50m into the club but gets it in the neck when he doesn't put more in, then is belittled when he does.

I guess we'll never know but it seems more likely that Russo's bankers and accountants looked at the numbers over the weekend and told him, if no other immediate bid was forthcoming from Newcastle, Pompey / wherever, not to be a oxf*rd and accept the offer from RFC - Russo himself had already said that the club's financial forecasts did not work with Smith included in them and that he would need to be offloaded.

Looks to me like small fatman, big ego syndrome nearly blew up in his face.

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 24 Aug 2009 14:45

Royal Rother
royalrose Madejski has realised the fans were getting on his back for not investing so he has to do this to get some respect back

Unbelievable. He puts £50m into the club but gets it in the neck when he doesn't put more in

You cannot stand still in football. Can't fault the man for what he's made of us, but he's pretty much sat back for the past couple of years and you can't do that. If his heart isn't in it any more, he must sell and let someone come in that has the drive to take us forwards.

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 24 Aug 2009 14:46

I'm so confused!

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 24 Aug 2009 14:46

(.)Boobies(.)
Dorset-Knob Could solve so many problems though, formation could be 1-1 Fed in goal, Smith everything else! If he signs I only hope that he is given a chance to shine, the same as the new manager and team doh!!! :shock:

Replace Federici with Smith!

We all dream of a team of Tommy Smith's, a team of Tommy Smith's...

You mean the "Smiths"

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 24 Aug 2009 14:49

Royal Rother

Unbelievable. He puts £50m into the club but gets it in the neck when he doesn't put more in, then is belittled when he does.

I guess we'll never know but it seems more likely that Russo's bankers and accountants looked at the numbers over the weekend and told him, if no other immediate bid was forthcoming from Newcastle, Pompey / wherever, not to be a oxf*rd and accept the offer from RFC - Russo himself had already said that the club's financial forecasts did not work with Smith included in them and that he would need to be offloaded.

He's loaned/underwritten £50m.....there is a difference

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 24 Aug 2009 14:49

Royal Rother

i think people are refering to the £100m in in the last 3 years and £10m spent on players. However great Madejski has been for Reading the last 3 years has been tight and cost us a place in the premier league (not that im that concerned as its more interesting in the championship).

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Aug 2009 14:51

Frank Smith of the Watford Observer has reported this saga from the start. His latest update is as follows:

Watford talisman Tommy Smith is having a medical at Reading today.

The Watford Observer understands Smith has been at the Royals’ training ground today having a medical and will not be travelling with the Hornets squad to Leeds this afternoon.

The Watford players are understood to have said their ‘goodbyes’ to Smith and the forward is not expected to play in tomorrow’s Carling Cup tie with Leeds United.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 24 Aug 2009 14:52

Royal Rother Unbelievable. He puts £50m into the club but gets it in the neck when he doesn't put more in, then is belittled when he does.

He LOANED 50 million to the club to build the stadium, hotel, training ground etc. He then took is loan money back instead of investing in the team. As owner of the club, when he sells, he will get the profits of the sale of all the mentioned facilities.

The guy has used RFC as an invetsment. Used the premiership money to increase the net worth of his investment, and will make a extremely good profit. As there are no more opportunities to invest in the infrastructure of the club, that could explain why he isnt bothered anymore.

RR, for someone with such advanced years, you really are very naive.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 24 Aug 2009 14:54

Still, could be worse, you could have 4 managers a season, spend 3.5m on some bloke no one has ever heard of, appoint a manager that another club didn't want, who then sits your best 2 players on the bench when you're at home, whilst the owner is playing with go karts in Spain.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Aug 2009 14:55

QPROFL

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 24 Aug 2009 14:55

Big Ern
Royal Rother Unbelievable. He puts £50m into the club but gets it in the neck when he doesn't put more in, then is belittled when he does.

He LOANED 50 million to the club to build the stadium, hotel, training ground etc. He then took is loan money back instead of investing in the team. As owner of the club, when he sells, he will get the profits of the sale of all the mentioned facilities.

The guy has used RFC as an invetsment. Used the premiership money to increase the net worth of his investment, and will make a extremely good profit. As there are no more opportunities to invest in the infrastructure of the club, that could explain why he isnt bothered anymore.

RR, for someone with such advanced years, you really are very naive.

and all this makes him a very bad man who deserves to be vilified??? :roll:

2326 posts