Tommy Smith - Gazumped by Pompey - Thread

2326 posts
(.)Boobies(.)

Re: The Tommy Smith Thread

by (.)Boobies(.) » 24 Aug 2009 14:56

Royal Rother Frank Smith of the Watford Observer has reported this saga from the start. His latest update is as follows:

Watford talisman Tommy Smith is having a medical at Reading today.

The Watford Observer understands Smith has been at the Royals’ training ground today having a medical and will not be travelling with the Hornets squad to Leeds this afternoon.

The Watford players are understood to have said their ‘goodbyes’ to Smith and the forward is not expected to play in tomorrow’s Carling Cup tie with Leeds United.

Well I'd take that as red. He's been pretty spot on with everything he's printed during this mess.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 24 Aug 2009 14:58

(.)Boobies(.)
Royal Rother Frank Smith of the Watford Observer has reported this saga from the start. His latest update is as follows:

The Watford Observer understands Smith has been at the Royals’ training ground today having a medical and will not be travelling with the Hornets squad to Leeds this afternoon.

The Watford players are understood to have said their ‘goodbyes’ to Smith and the forward is not expected to play in tomorrow’s Carling Cup tie with Leeds United.

Well I'd take that as red. He's been pretty spot on with everything he's printed during this mess.

I'm just a bit suspicious that his surname is Smith though.

Kevin Doyles Right Foot

by Kevin Doyles Right Foot » 24 Aug 2009 14:59

i were a betting man that had any money, i'd bet on this being true

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 24 Aug 2009 14:59

The 26th Sept could be an interesting game

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 24 Aug 2009 15:00

Dorset-Knob
Big Ern
Royal Rother Unbelievable. He puts £50m into the club but gets it in the neck when he doesn't put more in, then is belittled when he does.

He LOANED 50 million to the club to build the stadium, hotel, training ground etc. He then took is loan money back instead of investing in the team. As owner of the club, when he sells, he will get the profits of the sale of all the mentioned facilities.

The guy has used RFC as an invetsment. Used the premiership money to increase the net worth of his investment, and will make a extremely good profit. As there are no more opportunities to invest in the infrastructure of the club, that could explain why he isnt bothered anymore.

RR, for someone with such advanced years, you really are very naive.

and all this makes him a very bad man who deserves to be vilified??? :roll:

No, not at all. Just suggests his heart is not in it, and we could do with a chaiman more interested in results as opposed to increasing his wealth.

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 24 Aug 2009 15:00

Focher The 26th Sept could be an interesting game

This our home game? Tasty.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Aug 2009 15:02

tbh are we EVER going to find a local businessman who has enough money to buy the club, AND is already a big football fan? I don't want some mega rich Arab personally - I'd like someone who loves the town, knows the town, loves the club, knows the club but who isn't going to get bored by it. Tough ask really

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Aug 2009 15:03

Big Ern
Royal Rother Unbelievable. He puts £50m into the club but gets it in the neck when he doesn't put more in, then is belittled when he does.

He LOANED 50 million to the club to build the stadium, hotel, training ground etc. He then took is loan money back instead of investing in the team. As owner of the club, when he sells, he will get the profits of the sale of all the mentioned facilities.

The guy has used RFC as an invetsment. Used the premiership money to increase the net worth of his investment, and will make a extremely good profit. As there are no more opportunities to invest in the infrastructure of the club, that could explain why he isnt bothered anymore.

You tiresome fool. Just answer a simple straightforward question:

Whose money is it that has bankrolled the club and taken it forward in such massive leaps over the course of the last 20 years?

His motivation is irrelevant - everything that we have enjoyed in recent years has happened because of his money.

You claim he has taken back his money. Just how much has he taken back, and when?

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 24 Aug 2009 15:04

thats one hell of a turn around if true..

:shock:

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 24 Aug 2009 15:04

Big Ern - where is any evidence that his loans have been taken back? Virtually no change in the figures
available for the last 3 years. Unless next years accounts prove anything else this myth should not be encouraged.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 24 Aug 2009 15:05

Royal Lady tbh are we EVER going to find a local businessman who has enough money to buy the club, AND is already a big football fan? I don't want some mega rich Arab personally - I'd like someone who loves the town, knows the town, loves the club, knows the club but who isn't going to get bored by it. Tough ask really

Rickey Gervais?

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 24 Aug 2009 15:06

Big Ern

Thanks Big Ern - another person who can see through the facade

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 24 Aug 2009 15:06

Royal Lady tbh are we EVER going to find a local businessman who has enough money to buy the club, AND is already a big football fan? I don't want some mega rich Arab personally - I'd like someone who loves the town, knows the town, loves the club, knows the club but who isn't going to get bored by it. Tough ask really

No, not very likely which is my point, I wasn't critisising Big Ern, your comment was not loaded with vitriol, but I'm pretty weary of people asking for the moon on a stick, as if turning on the man would really make any positive difference. Better the devil you know and all that, perhaps!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 24 Aug 2009 15:06

Norfolk Royal

Rickey Gervais?

In partnership with Kate Winslet

Sorted 8)

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 24 Aug 2009 15:06

Norfolk Royal

Rickey Gervais?

Business man? You must have meant David Brent, surely? Putting Tredder in charge is just asking for trouble if you ask me.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 24 Aug 2009 15:07

Why do you think I do the lottery every week?

In my hands the club would be heading for glory!

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 24 Aug 2009 15:07

Breaking News on SSN is that he is having a medical at Reading

well well well

Tommy Smith that is not Ricky Gervais :lol:
Last edited by bigmike on 24 Aug 2009 15:07, edited 1 time in total.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 24 Aug 2009 15:07

Big Ern He LOANED 50 million to the club to build the stadium, hotel, training ground etc.

Correct me if im wrong, but thats not the case is it?

JM is a guarantor of the loan, not the loan provider.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 24 Aug 2009 15:07

bigmike Breaking News on SSN is that he is having a medical at Reading

well well well

:|

BF11

by BF11 » 24 Aug 2009 15:08

2326 posts