Madejski Out and I mean Out

281 posts
Baines
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Madejski Out and I mean Out

by Baines » 24 Aug 2009 12:50

The Quiet Man Alternatively you could say that, like others have said on this board, the current situation is very similar to after the Bolton play offs when we were told we didn't have a ground that would sustain premier league football as all our best players were sold off and the one outlay of money saw the talented waster Caskey bought.

For the Mcghee team read the Coppell team being run into the ground and its best players sold off.

As per Roger Titford in WSC from 1995: "This Reading side was like a Meccano set, built to be taken apart."

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 24 Aug 2009 12:52

The Quiet Man
Perhaps we the fans should wake up to the reality that under this chairman a decent side every 7 or 8 years is all we are going to get

Under any chairman that's all you can expect from Reading FC.

History tells you this.

Every 7-8 years actually sounds quite optimistic.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 24 Aug 2009 13:40

How do all those people wanting to get rid of SJM think that the club will be able to operate if they get their wish? He has been unable to sell the club so there is no queue of investors waiting, in the current financial climate, and the banks, who it would seem have recalled an overdraft, would not provide funding. Without his financial backing administration and deduction of points would soon be on the agenda. Is that what they really want from their flawed views of the club finances.

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 24 Aug 2009 13:52

Sir Dodger Royal Well the Real facts are that the Madman is certainly not bank rolling the Club and hasn't done so for the past three seasons.

The guy knows nothing about football. Dave Whelan at Wigan is worth less that the Madman but Wigan are in the Premiership on smaller gates than RFC and have bigger named players. If they can manage it then why can't the Royals. It's simply a business fact that if you do not improve your product (the team) then you lose market share (relegation from Premiership) and if you continue to not improve your product then you die and become a me too business. That is what's happening at RFC.

Maybe we need to sack Frank Lampard Senior as a Consultant and bring in Robert Peston to teach the Madman some simple economic truths about where he has gone wrong. His other businesses are also in a mess at present as well.

Real Facts from the Main Mannnnnn. You know it makes sense. Get a life because SDR is spot on as usual.

Totally on the money - people dont read the end of year report and see that any money Egoman puts in, he gets back with interest - he doesnt have a business plan or strategy to go forward ( thats why we are going back!) because he and the board lack any football nowse.... that all came from Coppell at the time...asset stripping, banking the money and playing kids is not sustainable

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 24 Aug 2009 14:05

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
Sir Dodger Royal Well the Real facts are that the Madman is certainly not bank rolling the Club and hasn't done so for the past three seasons.

The guy knows nothing about football. Dave Whelan at Wigan is worth less that the Madman but Wigan are in the Premiership on smaller gates than RFC and have bigger named players. If they can manage it then why can't the Royals. It's simply a business fact that if you do not improve your product (the team) then you lose market share (relegation from Premiership) and if you continue to not improve your product then you die and become a me too business. That is what's happening at RFC.

Maybe we need to sack Frank Lampard Senior as a Consultant and bring in Robert Peston to teach the Madman some simple economic truths about where he has gone wrong. His other businesses are also in a mess at present as well.

Real Facts from the Main Mannnnnn. You know it makes sense. Get a life because SDR is spot on as usual.

Totally on the money - people dont read the end of year report and see that any money Egoman puts in, he gets back with interest - he doesnt have a business plan or strategy to go forward ( thats why we are going back!) because he and the board lack any football nowse.... that all came from Coppell at the time...asset stripping, banking the money and playing kids is not sustainable

Sarcasm doesn't work on message boards.
In future, just write bollox

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 24 Aug 2009 14:07

Unable to disagree with you. Pass me a bucket someone, please.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Aug 2009 14:20

That's a real fact is it?

Strange, as it appears that someone called "The Chairman" was owed circa £28m at June 2008 - sure looks like bankrolling to me.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 24 Aug 2009 14:27

Royal Rother

Strange, as it appears that someone called "The Chairman" was owed circa £28m at June 2008 - sure looks like bankrolling to me.

When did Dodger ever deal in factssssssssssss that don't support his argumenttttttttttttttt?

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

Re: Peeved

by peterroyal76 » 24 Aug 2009 15:02

winchester_royal
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
if going down meant that you fooked off, it would be even better and would be well worth it ! Cock!

:?

I would never stop supporting my club, regardless of what league they were in.

Doubt you could say the same TBH.

I totally agree...I WILL NEVER STOP supporting my club, this may be blind faith......but its what I do best!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 24 Aug 2009 16:16

Royal Rother

He's taken that ouf of the 130 million from the prem years.

Once were Biscuitmen

by Once were Biscuitmen » 24 Aug 2009 16:21

FiNeRaIn
Royal Rother

He's taken that ouf of the 130 million from the prem years.

Right so in which years accounts is the entry, "dividends paid - 130 mil" then?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Aug 2009 16:38

I think Fine Rain is on a wind up now.

Even he..... surely? :shock:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Brick by Brick

by Terminal Boardom » 24 Aug 2009 21:30

Wimb
Terminal Boardom
I take what BR or any other lower level employee says with a pinch of salt. They are only quoting state policy. I want to know what has happened to the Premiership, Sky TV and Transfer money that has been accrued over the last 3 or 4 years. So much has been said about overdraft repayments. Overdraft for what?

As for your comment about transfer fees received, a blind man could see that we have raked in about 11 million for the sale of Doyle, Hunt and Bikey. SSN speculates on the values ffs. So no big secret there is there!

Building for promotion? From which level cos it sure as hell isn't this one!

So why wouldn't you take what SJM says with a pinch of salt?

More to the point why would BR lie? if he says he has money then doesn't spend it, it'll be him who gets the flak. He's said since day 1, he's looking to invest and already has spent £2 million this summer, BEFORE we sold Hunt and Bikey. So presumably he now has some money to invest elsewhere. Wait until the fecking window shuts before you start crying about us not spending money, patience is a virtue.

It's been said plenty of times on here and shown on the accounts published in other threads, that the Sky TV money and transfer money etc, largely went on wages and paying off the OD.

Whilst not knowing exactly what the overdraft was used for, I can imagine the OD being spent on any number of things essential or usefull for a club in the top flight, six million is hardly a lot of unaccounted money in the grand scheme of running a Premiership football club is it? especially one who's wages increased and most likely would have had to reward its squad with win bonuses, international call up bonuses, clauses to clubs based on Premiership survival, etc etc.

Moreover the OD could have been used to pay off loans to others other then SJM or put towards long term projects.
I don't understand this great preoccupation with this overdraft but I suppose it gives more to the conspiracy theorists who think SJM is a greedy troll sucking cash from the big cash cow thats RFC :roll:

Anyway there is also a big difference between other clubs 'speculating' on what cash we have and a chairman saying exactly what we have, I doubt someone running a multi million pound business would base his valuation of a player based on media speculation.

Most clubs are fairly sensible and aware that just because a club takes in X amount doesn't mean they have that to spend.

I really fail to see what right you me or anyone else who doesn't own shares in the club has to see it's accounts. The club is run by people who look after it's long term future based on however much money comes in and however many people turn up. They need to run the club even if people such as yourself decide they can't be arsed anymore. You can decide to walk away at any time, the board can't and the board have to plan for all eventualities not just the dreams and wishes of one section of fans.

BR, SJM, NH and others at the club have publically stated that they are giving the products of a multi million pound youth programme a chance to shine. This is not a fire sale, we still have the likes of Stretch, Harper, Marek, Ivar, Long, Cisse, Kebe, Rosie and Feds who have PREMIERSHIP experience, and the likes of Hunt, Pearce, Berty, Mills who have clocked up a couple of hundred championship level appearences.
We have sold Doyle, Hunt and Bikey who belong and WANTED to play in the PL, released the likes of Doobs and Murty who aren't even setting L1 alight. Whilst also shedding the likes of Lita who just plain wanted out of Reading by his own admission.

Just remember our form with 'experienced players' and the best manager in the clubs history was hardly brilliant over the last 24 months was it.

As the saying goes Rome wasn't built in a day, yet alone four games into a season. This regime got us into the PL once and that took SSC over 2 seasons to do, a man who too blooded youth like Sidwell, Doyle, Long etc. BR isn't even being given a month. Pathetic if you ask me.

You spoilt it with that para. Anyway, SJM is brilliant. The best Chairman ever!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 24 Aug 2009 21:33

And another thing Wimb. I have not slagged off BR at all. I think that he will, given time do a very good job for us. I hope that he is given the opportunity to do the job justice.

Ryn

by Ryn » 25 Aug 2009 14:28

If the Madman leaves, we can use all of the money we have accumulated over the last four years to bankroll us, surely.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 25 Aug 2009 14:36

Yet another brain dead idiot appears! Where is all this money you speak of? Obviously you are unable to read accounts as you are even unable to read the various comments on numerous threads either.

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 25 Aug 2009 14:38

Yellowcoat Yet another brain dead idiot appears! Where is all this money you speak of? Obviously you are unable to read accounts as you are even unable to read the various comments on numerous threads either.

Can you please change your user name? You talk of brain dead and yet you call yourself after a hate figure steward. I can't read your posts without having the urge to push you down the stairs. I don't care if you're nice really, you're a bastard with that name.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 25 Aug 2009 14:44

View me how you like. I have used that name for years and am not going to change now as I do not have your irrational hatred of stewards. Without them the ground would not be allowed to open and there would be no football. Tolerate or co-operate as you wish but they will remain long after you have gone.

Ryn

by Ryn » 25 Aug 2009 14:51

Yellowcoat Where is all this money you speak of?

Good question, tell me the answer please. JM's pocket is the likely answer.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 25 Aug 2009 14:54

Ryn
Yellowcoat Where is all this money you speak of?

Good question, tell me the answer please. JM's pocket is the likely answer.

Wrong. It's obviously in RFC's bank account, accumulating some interest.

Either that or it's been used to pay off some overdrafts. :roll:

281 posts