DROP ROSENIOR

251 posts
Ryn

Re: DROP ROSENIOR

by Ryn » 25 Aug 2009 15:02

Thaumagurist* Bertrand is left-sided, surely?!? :|

He can play on the right too my friend. Rosenior needs some competition for his place in the squad, I was under the premise that Bertrand was brought in to do this.

We'll see what happens when Armstrong is fit again, Kelly is certainly not going to get Liam worried that's for sure.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 25 Aug 2009 15:04

Ryn

He can play on the right too my friend.

Can you back that claim up? I can't be bothered to go and look for this somewhere on the net.

Ryn Rosenior needs some competition for his place in the squad, I was under the premise that Bertrand was brought in to do this.

Hmmmm, no, I'm sure he was brought in to cover for Armstrong as we knew he wasn't fit enough to start this season.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Aug 2009 15:17

there is no chance of him being dropped especially with no one to come in and we wont be signing anyone so guess he will remain a weak link

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Aug 2009 15:21

Why would we drop Rosenoir when he's been one of our better players?

I was amazed at the number of people who were slagging him off on Saturday and blaming him for the goal at half time. For the record all those that were blaming him should've been venting their anger towards Karacan who'd let his runner get away from him.

Karacan and Davies also allowed too much time and space for the third.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Aug 2009 15:23

When Armstrong gets fit we could see him at LB and Bertrand as LW.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 25 Aug 2009 15:26

Hoop Blah Why would we drop Rosenoir when he's been one of our better players?

I was amazed at the number of people who were slagging him off on Saturday and blaming him for the goal at half time. For the record all those that were blaming him should've been venting their anger towards Karacan who'd let his runner get away from him.

Also when the initial cross came over Bertrand was left with 2 players to cover.

Being a full-back in a Rodgers team seems to be the equivalent of a central midfielder in Coppell's. You're gonna be left to do a hell of a lotta work with no support but plenty of blame.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Aug 2009 15:29

Vision

Also when the initial cross came over Bertrand was left with 2 players to cover.

Being a full-back in a Rodgers team seems to be the equivalent of a central midfielder in Coppell's. You're gonna be left to do a hell of a lotta work with no support but plenty of blame.

Indeed, that's very similar to Rosenoir up at Newcastle when he has both centre forwards bearing down on him at the far post.

It may well be a weakness that other teams have highlighted, as neither fullback is much cop in the air.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 25 Aug 2009 15:30

He was at partial fault, he let a needless cross in by not really paying attention iirc

That cross could easily have led straight to a goal if it hadn't of been over hit.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 25 Aug 2009 15:50

Hoop Blah
Vision

Indeed, that's very similar to Rosenoir up at Newcastle when he has both centre forwards bearing down on him at the far post.

It may well be a weakness that other teams have highlighted, as neither fullback is much cop in the air.

Not only from the cross but in stopping the cross coming over. I've lost count of the times both Rosenior and Bertrand have been doubled up on with absolutely no help in front of them.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Aug 2009 16:04

This is where the defensive midfielder needs to come in. He needs to either drop into the centrebacks making it a central 3 or join the full back quickly to close anything down and give the wide forwards time to get back and help.

Essentially we need someone doing exactly what Harper was doing last season. The only difference being it doesn't leave the other midfielder totally isolated in the middle of the pitch. Because there is now two of them.

Which is why I think Harper is the ideal player there.

Of course, I've seen only the highlights of the Sheff U game and it looks like we've tried a different formation from the posts about the game on here.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 25 Aug 2009 16:07

Ian Royal This is where the defensive midfielder needs to come in. He needs to either drop into the centrebacks making it a central 3 or join the full back quickly to close anything down and give the wide forwards time to get back and help.

Essentially we need someone doing exactly what Harper was doing last season. The only difference being it doesn't leave the other midfielder totally isolated in the middle of the pitch. Because there is now two of them.

Of course, I've seen only the highlights of the Sheff U game and it looks like we've tried a different formation from the posts about the game on here.

Isn't this what Karacan was doing? Sometimes it looked like he was one of 5 defenders at the back against Sheffield... not that I know about these things, which is why I'm asking.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 25 Aug 2009 16:09

Sarah Star
Ian Royal This is where the defensive midfielder needs to come in. He needs to either drop into the centrebacks making it a central 3 or join the full back quickly to close anything down and give the wide forwards time to get back and help.

Isn't this what Karacan was doing? Sometimes it looked like he was one of 5 defenders at the back against Sheffield... not that I know about these things, which is why I'm asking.

Kind of, the centre backs were pulling out wide to support the full backs when needed. It wasn't 100% though.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 25 Aug 2009 16:13

Ryn ^ He was the only player who looked capable of making something on Saturday.

I did say "weak link at the back..." He's very good going forward. As for creating chances, he, Tabb and Siggurdsson all looked quite lively in the first half, we just didn't have anybody sharp in the last 20 yards of the pitch.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 25 Aug 2009 16:57

Ryn

He can play on the right too my friend.

I bloody hope not. Every time the ball gets anywhere near his right foot, he loses control of it and dives for a free kick!

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 25 Aug 2009 17:05

Rosenior gets 5/10 for me at the weekend, highest score in 2 years. Surely dropping him after this return to form would be silly?

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 25 Aug 2009 17:10

Z175 Rosenior gets 5/10 for me at the weekend, highest score in 2 years. Surely dropping him after this return to form would be silly?

Finally somebody who talks some sense... :wink:

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 25 Aug 2009 17:26

Kelly could be back for League Cup tonight - competition sorted.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Aug 2009 19:38

SteveRoyal Kelly could be back for League Cup tonight - competition sorted.

:lol:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 25 Aug 2009 20:34

Ian Royal
SteveRoyal Kelly could be back for League Cup tonight - competition sorted.

:lol:

Indeed.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 25 Aug 2009 20:34

Kelly offers nothing

251 posts