Sack Rodgers, yes or no?

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 29
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Rogers must go? (POLL)

by winchester_royal » 27 Aug 2009 12:13

I see that Martinez is struggling at Wigan atm. Some Wigan fans calling for his head already.. :roll:

Like it or not, the style of football that Martinez and Rodgers like to play takes time to implement.

But more often than not they succeed eventually.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 12:21

winchester_royal I see that Martinez is struggling at Wigan atm. Some Wigan fans calling for his head already.. :roll:

Like it or not, the style of football that Martinez and Rodgers like to play takes time to implement.

Do they really? Care to back that up? Or are you basing it solely on Rodger's surviving with Watford last season and Martinez failing to reach the play offs with Swansea?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Aug 2009 12:32

There are so many holes in that it's actually quite funny.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 27 Aug 2009 12:33

Yet, any statitician would tell you that 4 games is too small a data sample upon which to base anything.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 12:35

rabidbee Yet, any statitician would tell you that 4 games is too small a data sample upon which to base anything.

Generally you need at least 100 for a statistician don't you?

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 27 Aug 2009 12:36

Depends what you're measuring, surely. If you're polling public opinion, I think they go with 1000.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 12:38

rabidbee Depends what you're measuring, surely. If you're polling public opinion, I think they go with 1000.

Nah, public opinion is 75 - 400, just look at the cosmetics ads. Otherwise fair point.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 12:55

Ideal Does it matter? Point is - Rodgers loses as many matches as he wins. Is that good enough? NO.
Martinez on the other hand wins twice as many as he loses. Not the same as Rodgers. Very simple. Can't compare them.
You can however compare Rodgers to Burns and Bullivant, as they seem to get similar results. Very simple.

Your simplistic and blinkered snowballesque view of figures is indeed, "very simple".

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 27 Aug 2009 12:56

Ian Royal
rabidbee Depends what you're measuring, surely. If you're polling public opinion, I think they go with 1000.

Nah, public opinion is 75 - 400, just look at the cosmetics ads. Otherwise fair point.

Tbf, I was thinking of serious public opinion, like political polls, not middle-aged women desperately clinging to the belief that their creams make them look 17.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 12:58

rabidbee
Ian Royal

Tbf, I was thinking of serious public opinion, like political polls, not middle-aged women desperately clinging to the belief that their creams make them look 17.

Are you saying that the figures used by the cosmetics industry are unreliable! :o

:wink:

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 27 Aug 2009 13:04

Personally, I'm not going to sack him as Reading manager based on his record as Watford manager. And I think that the past has little bearing on the present in this matter.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Aug 2009 17:03

The intelligence of RFC supporters has sunk to an all time low - virtually the ONLY thing that Rodgers has done wrong since he's been here is to announce in public that Tommy Smith wanted to come here; other than that he has been dignified, co-operative with the media and open about his thoughts and concerns.

Now, because we are near the bottom after 4 games (just 4 fcuking games) EVERYTHING he does is criticised as being the actions of a desperate man, a useless manager, a cock, a prick, a God-knows-what.

It is truly truly pathetic. He is a young manager with a great reputation in the game as a coach who develops young players - he has a very long history with the club and has been given a great opportunity here to develop his career and the club along new and modern lines; the supporters should be delighted to see him here because he has been a Reading Football Club person, man and boy, who obviously is desperate to succeed here, yet all you lot can do is lay into him.

You should be fcuking ashamed of yourselves.

Bunch of pcunts.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 27 Aug 2009 17:07

Ian Royal
winchester_royal I see that Martinez is struggling at Wigan atm. Some Wigan fans calling for his head already.. :roll:

Do they really? Care to back that up? Or are you basing it solely on Rodger's surviving with Watford last season and Martinez failing to reach the play offs with Swansea?

How about Martinez getting Swansea to stroll League 1, and do well in the Chump with a limited budget. Same with Rodgers at Watford.

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 27 Aug 2009 17:24

I think the £800,000 compensation Reading paid Watford to secure Rodgers could turn out to be the best bit of business in the history of your club. Matthew Mills was a top-quality signing; Forest are struggling to recover from missing out on him. Today's two arrivals are useful additions as well. I think there's every reason for Reading supporters to be optimistic.
Mind I could do with a win at Oakwell on Saturday, as I'm sure could you all.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 27 Aug 2009 17:28

Royal Rother The intelligence of RFC supporters has sunk to an all time low - virtually the ONLY thing that Rodgers has done wrong since he's been here is to announce in public that Tommy Smith wanted to come here; other than that he has been dignified, co-operative with the media and open about his thoughts and concerns.

Now, because we are near the bottom after 4 games (just 4 fcuking games) EVERYTHING he does is criticised as being the actions of a desperate man, a useless manager, a cock, a prick, a God-knows-what.

It is truly truly pathetic. He is a young manager with a great reputation in the game as a coach who develops young players - he has a very long history with the club and has been given a great opportunity here to develop his career and the club along new and modern lines; the supporters should be delighted to see him here because he has been a Reading Football Club person, man and boy, who obviously is desperate to succeed here, yet all you lot can do is lay into him.

Bunch of pcunts.

Why have you posted this on two threads? :|

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 27 Aug 2009 17:29

Thaumagurist*
Royal Rother The intelligence of RFC supporters has sunk to an all time low - virtually the ONLY thing that Rodgers has done wrong since he's been here is to announce in public that Tommy Smith wanted to come here; other than that he has been dignified, co-operative with the media and open about his thoughts and concerns.

Bunch of pcunts.

Why have you posted this on two threads? :|

Probably because it's relevant on both.

zummerset

by zummerset » 27 Aug 2009 17:29

Agree with RR- but the Tommy Smith fiasco was hopefully a lesson learnt in keeping his mouth shut...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 17:32

winchester_royal
Ian Royal

How about Martinez getting Swansea to stroll League 1, and do well in the Chump with a limited budget. Same with Rodgers at Watford.

So two examples, one of less than a season. Good one.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 27 Aug 2009 17:35

Ian Royal

Well how about Wenger at Arsenal then?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 17:36

winchester_royal
Ian Royal

Well how about Wenger at Arsenal then?

Try looking for the failures and comparing and contrasting, not just picking out the successes you can think of.

417 posts