Sack Rodgers, yes or no?

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 29
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Rogers must go? (POLL)

by winchester_royal » 27 Aug 2009 17:37

Ian Royal
winchester_royal
Ian Royal
So two examples, one of less than a season. Good one.

Well how about Wenger at Arsenal then?

Try looking for the failures and comparing and contrasting, not just picking out the successes you can think of.

How about you relpy with examples of failures then, rather than just sticking your nose up at it and insisting you're right.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Aug 2009 17:40

strap
Royal Rother The intelligence of RFC supporters has sunk to an all time low - virtually the ONLY thing that Rodgers has done wrong since he's been here is to announce in public that Tommy Smith wanted to come here; other than that he has been dignified, co-operative with the media and open about his thoughts and concerns.

Now, because we are near the bottom after 4 games (just 4 fcuking games) EVERYTHING he does is criticised as being the actions of a desperate man, a useless manager, a cock, a prick, a God-knows-what.

It is truly truly pathetic. He is a young manager with a great reputation in the game as a coach who develops young players - he has a very long history with the club and has been given a great opportunity here to develop his career and the club along new and modern lines; the supporters should be delighted to see him here because he has been a Reading Football Club person, man and boy, who obviously is desperate to succeed here, yet all you lot can do is lay into him.

You should be fcuking ashamed of yourselves.

Bunch of pcunts.

Quite how a 30 yr old Pole plying his trade in League 1 and a billy big bollox who's swanned around London's junior clubs doing jack shit his entire career are expected to haul us into the PL is quite beyond me. So I agree with you Rother - the intelligence of the Royals fans who swallow that bullshit is quite beyond me too!!

Yet another example of the PL ambitions of our fine club.

Plonker. We need to consolidate and the best way to do that is bring some experience into the club - Rodgers obviously has the ambition to get the club into the PL but he has never said it was going to happen this season. Because he has expressed the ambition to get to the PL fools like you interpret that to mean he thinks he will achieve that this season.

We are in transition and hopefully these players will help the process, but nobody is suggesting or expecting them "to haul us into the PL".

Rodgers will make mistakes, and already has done, as is the case with every single bloody manager ever to come into the game, but if ever anyone deserves the patience and backing of the supporters it is a young bloke who has played for and coached at the club from a teenager upwards who has come back with big ambitions and an expanded education at the hands of a master manager.

Anyone not prepared to cut him some slack and support the bloke after 4 games is just about as big a fcuking idiot as you can get as far as I am concerned.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 17:54

winchester_royal
Ian Royal
winchester_royal Well how about Wenger at Arsenal then?

Try looking for the failures and comparing and contrasting, not just picking out the successes you can think of.

How about you relpy with examples of failures then, rather than just sticking your nose up at it and insisting you're right.

I'm not the one trying to make an assertion based on two or three examples with no thought towards the failures which test my hypothesis.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 27 Aug 2009 17:55

Ian Royal
I'm not the one trying to make an assertion based on two or three examples with no thought towards the failures which test my hypothesis.

Well I'm a falsificationalist. So unless you can prove me wrong the hypothesis stands.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 17:57

winchester_royal
Ian Royal

Well I'm a falsificationalist. So unless you can prove me wrong the hypothesis stands.

:lol:

Martinez at Wigan, Rodgers at Reading, Grady at this level with Crewe, Burns with Reading...

Hows that for a start? :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 17:59

Ideal
Royal Rother Bunch of pcunts. big fcuking idiot

It's funny how you can criticize others for saying Rodgers is this and that, yet you are the biggest namecaller on here. I think you are the one who should be ashamed of yourself, not everyone else.
Obviously you're no MENSA-candidate.

Speaking of MENSA - on his way to Sunderland.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Aug 2009 18:00

Mark McGhee at Reading is the best example I can think of. Beautiful football that took a couple of years to really come into its own.

Fergie and Man Utd perhaps.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 27 Aug 2009 18:01

Ian Royal
winchester_royal
Ian Royal

Martinez at Wigan, Rodgers at Reading, Grady at this level with Crewe, Burns with Reading...

You can't use those first 2 as examples. As they don't disprove it. Burns I'll accept, but no-one can claim Gradi failed at Crewe.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Aug 2009 18:03

Ideal
Royal Rother Bunch of pcunts. big fcuking idiot

It's funny how you can criticize others for saying Rodgers is this and that, yet you are the biggest namecaller on here. I think you are the one who should be ashamed of yourself, not everyone else.

What a heap of bullshit. Once every 6 months I lose patience with the constant stream of crap and negative nonsense and let off a bit of steam.

Because it is such a contrast from my usual polite style, and so beautifully phrased, you notice it more. That is all. Go searching over the last 6 months if you like. It'd be an education for you that's for sure.

Now piss off, muppet.
Last edited by Royal Rother on 27 Aug 2009 18:04, edited 1 time in total.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Aug 2009 18:06

Royal Rother The intelligence of RFC supporters has sunk to an all time low - virtually the ONLY thing that Rodgers has done wrong since he's been here is to announce in public that Tommy Smith wanted to come here; other than that he has been dignified, co-operative with the media and open about his thoughts and concerns.

Now, because we are near the bottom after 4 games (just 4 fcuking games) EVERYTHING he does is criticised as being the actions of a desperate man, a useless manager, a cock, a prick, a God-knows-what.

It is truly truly pathetic. He is a young manager with a great reputation in the game as a coach who develops young players - he has a very long history with the club and has been given a great opportunity here to develop his career and the club along new and modern lines; the supporters should be delighted to see him here because he has been a Reading Football Club person, man and boy, who obviously is desperate to succeed here, yet all you lot can do is lay into him.

You should be fcuking ashamed of yourselves.

Bunch of pcunts.

Spot on, again.

Madstad to Nadderud

by Madstad to Nadderud » 27 Aug 2009 18:24

JM, NH and BR are like the three Stooges right now:

JM "Ok NH what bargains can you find me right now?"
NH "Well there are few players kicking around in the lower leagues but it could be difficult to obtain such players due to our 'brick-by-brick approach."
JM "BR What about your contacts with the chosen one and Chelsea?"
BR "Tommy Smith...nyak, nyak"
JM "But I thought you said you had some exciting connections to follow up?"
BR "Tommy Smith, Tommy Smith...nyak, nyak"
JM"NH??"
NH"Er...cut the cloth accordingly?"

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 18:29

winchester_royal
Ian Royal
winchester_royal Well I'm a falsificationalist. So unless you can prove me wrong the hypothesis stands.

You can't use those first 2 as examples. As they don't disprove it. Burns I'll accept, but no-one can claim Gradi failed at Crewe.

Gradi did very well getting Crewe up again and again, but frequently failed to take them to the next level, because he stuck to pretty, but ineffectual football. He undoubtedly had players of talent available. Shows the pretty pretty stuff doesn't automatically work.

I'm all for giving Rodgers more time, but I expect at least some wins in the next 11 games for him to get his season or two. I do not accept relegation as disappointing but acceptable. He's a cock for the way he's handled the PR and Smith transfer in particular. But that's forgivable if he can get us winning and out of a relegation scrap.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 27 Aug 2009 18:41

Ian Royal Gradi did very well getting Crewe up again and again, but frequently failed to take them to the next level, because he stuck to pretty, but ineffectual football. He undoubtedly had players of talent available. Shows the pretty pretty stuff doesn't automatically work.

So what level should he have taken Crewe to?

They were a tiny club, pulling 6000 in a division where the average crowd was nearly 3 times as high. He'd have been envious of the budgets at Blackpool and Scunthorpe. From 1998 to 2006 he had Crewe surviving in this division for 8 or 9 seasons on crowds of 5500 to 7700. To regard that as failure you must be a total spanner. In terms of achievement, it'd be like us qualifying for Europe 8 years out of nine.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Aug 2009 18:49

Ian Royal Gradi did very well getting Crewe up again and again, but frequently failed to take them to the next level, because he stuck to pretty, but ineffectual football. He undoubtedly had players of talent available. Shows the pretty pretty stuff doesn't automatically work.

They were a tiny club, pulling 6000 in a division where the average crowd was nearly 3 times as high. He'd have been envious of the budgets at Blackpool and Scunthorpe. From 1998 to 2006 he had Crewe surviving in this division for 8 or 9 seasons on crowds of 5500 to 7700. To regard that as failure you must be a total spanner. In terms of achievement, it'd be like us qualifying for Europe 8 years out of nine.

You appear to be misunderstanding. I'm not saying that Gradi did a bad job. Just illustrating that nice passing football doesn't always come good in the end at this level. Which was what appeared to have been suggested.

I remember them ping ponging a bit, don't remember them spending 8 or 9 seasons in a row at this level. If I wrong fair enough. I happily admit I don't know a gerat deal about other clubs, which is why two of my examples were Reading managers.

Just trying to show that Martinez & Rodgers style of play won't always come good just by giving them a couple of seasons.

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 27 Aug 2009 19:02

Exactly: I remember hearing Crewe fans on phone-ins a few years ago saying "Gradi's taken us as far as he can and should step aside". Ah, the wisdom of the average football supporter. As you say, Crewe Alexandra were always a very small club and now they're back at their natural level. It was obvious to anyone with an ounce of sense that Gradi's achievements there were phenomenal. Mind, if some manager had Reading qualifying for Europe 8 seasons out of nine there'd be some Reading fans complaining about the ninth. Every club has some.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Aug 2009 20:22

winchester_royal
Ian Royal

That's not how these things work you know...

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 27 Aug 2009 20:26

Ian Royal

You appear to be misunderstanding. I'm not saying that Gradi did a bad job. Just illustrating that nice passing football doesn't always come good in the end at this level. Which was what appeared to have been suggested.

I think you are reading to much into something if you think the style of football was the cause of Crewe's "failure".

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Aug 2009 20:27

Quite the opposite actually, you're right.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 27 Aug 2009 20:30

Platypuss
winchester_royal
Ian Royal

That's not how these things work you know...

It's how falsification works.....as opposed to inductivism.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 27 Aug 2009 20:32

How has this thread lasted 15 pages?

417 posts