DROP ROSENIOR

251 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: DROP ROSENIOR

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Aug 2009 16:34

Rosenior rules out Royals exit
Full-back keen to help current club win promotion to Premier League

Liam Rosenior insists he has no interest in leaving Reading after being linked with a move to Hull City.

Reports have claimed that Tigers boss Phil Brown has turned his attention to Rosenior in his search to sign a new right-back after missing out on Habib Beye.

Rosenior has spent the past two seasons with Reading, but has been tipped to secure a return to the Premier League.

However, the 25-year-old wants to play in the top flight again with the Royals and is not looking to secure a move before the close of the transfer window.

"I think there's always going to be rumours about Reading players," Rosenior told the Reading Evening Post.

"I think we've all got good reputations thanks to the last manager (Steve Coppell) and the coaching we had. But I just want to go up with Reading, that's all I want to do.

"I don't want to go anywhere and have no interest in going anywhere, maybe it shows I'm doing a half decent job here, but I've got no interest in moving.

"I'm still young and I want to be in the Premier League, but I want to be in the Premier League with Reading."

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 30 Aug 2009 16:49

loyalroyal4life Rosenior rules out Royals exit

Liam Rosenior insists he has no interest in leaving Reading after being linked with a move to Hull City.

Reports have claimed that Tigers boss Phil Brown has turned his attention to Rosenior in his search to sign a new right-back after missing out on Habib Beye.

Rosenior has spent the past two seasons with Reading, but has been tipped to secure a return to the Premier League.

However, the 25-year-old wants to play in the top flight again with the Royals and is not looking to secure a move before the close of the transfer window.

"I think there's always going to be rumours about Reading players," Rosenior told the Reading Evening Post.

"I think we've all got good reputations thanks to the last manager (Steve Coppell) and the coaching we had. But I just want to go up with Reading, that's all I want to do.

"I don't want to go anywhere and have no interest in going anywhere, maybe it shows I'm doing a half decent job here, but I've got no interest in moving.

"I'm still young and I want to be in the Premier League, but I want to be in the Premier League with Reading."

What a breath of fresh air,unlike Shunt.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Aug 2009 18:08

ankeny

He may be playing shit but fair play to him for coming out with that

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 30 Aug 2009 18:41

He might not be the best and hoof the ball a lot and wave his arms too much but it is only because he cares. The above article reinforces that point. He fights for the cause and appears to love our club and in my book, that is all good.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 30 Aug 2009 18:47

Note to Stephen Hunt - That's how to do a "come and get me" before a window shuts.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Aug 2009 18:56

Platypuss Note to Stephen Hunt - That's how to do a "come and get me" before a window shuts.

'greed

Son of Len

by Son of Len » 30 Aug 2009 19:12

loyalroyal4life get rid of rosenior and just get a prem right back on loan

A RB on loan won't help us long-term. We'll just be developing a player for another team. That's what SSC did and now our youngsters are in the position to compete in the CCC.

I only saw the Newcastle match on the web. The feed is never as seamless as on TV (at least, on on my computer), but I thought Rosie had a decent game. It was the CBs that let Ameobi slip in for the two goals. Rosie might have allowed a pass into Ameobi, I'm not sure, but overall he had a decent game against a side that played us off the pitch.

And if there were any better RBs available, I would bet that we would try to get them. I don't think there are. It's just that you get to watch his every move and he's following up Murty the Legend so he's in a tough position.

Overall, I think Rosenior is a fine RB and gives us the luxury of stability in one position. Better competition would keep him on his toes and, hopefully, that will come with Kelly.

towserSL2crew

by towserSL2crew » 30 Aug 2009 19:29

Rosenior had a great game yesterday as did everyone on the pitch.Slag them when they play shite ,if you must , but ffs leave them when they play well like up at Barnsley.
We did hear Rosy & Marek are the next 2 to go . I hope not but Brendan is doing it his way so lets let him get on with it.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Aug 2009 20:49

towserSL2crew Rosenior had a great game yesterday as did everyone on the pitch.Slag them when they play shite ,if you must , but ffs leave them when they play well like up at Barnsley.
We did hear Rosy & Marek are the next 2 to go . I hope not but Brendan is doing it his way so lets let him get on with it.

well obviosuly rosy aint going when he said he doesnt want to

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 30 Aug 2009 22:41

loyalroyal4life
towserSL2crew Rosenior had a great game yesterday as did everyone on the pitch.Slag them when they play shite ,if you must , but ffs leave them when they play well like up at Barnsley.

well obviosuly rosy aint going when he said he doesnt want to

There's truth, and then there's football truth...

Brendan Rodgers today dismissed speculation linking him with the Reading job.

The Watford manager has been the bookmakers' favourite since Steve Coppell resigned on Tuesday after Reading lost in the Championship play-off semi-finals.

Rodgers, though, has no plans to return to the Madejski this summer despite spending nine years there as Academy boss before moving to Chelsea in 2004.

The 36-year-old said: "Due to the amount of phone calls I have been having and the speculation, I felt I had to comment on it but I am not thinking about it. For me, in this moment, my full concentration is on next season with Watford."

Rodgers led Watford to 13th in the Championship even though they were in relegation trouble when he arrived in November.

"There is always going to be speculation as a manager and a coach," he said. "You are always honoured if you are linked with big jobs because it means you and your team are doing well."

Chairman Jimmy Russo said: "Why would he want to move sideways? It is not like he would be going to a Premier League club.

old woman

by old woman » 30 Aug 2009 22:58

I did wonder at the end of the match yesterday whether he was going- seemed to clap the fans for a lot longer than everyone else.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2009 00:06

old woman I did wonder at the end of the match yesterday whether he was going- seemed to clap the fans for a lot longer than everyone else.

Despite not liking him, in all fairness he is one of the players who will always acknowledge the fans at the end of the game and often gives a long clap back. At least in my experience of going to games. Not something I'd read anything into, and I'd be quite pleased to see him go, assuming we had a replacement lined up.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 31 Aug 2009 05:31

I love Rosy.

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 31 Aug 2009 09:50

Rosy is one of the best RB's in the league
You lot just need to get off his back, he his an honest professional and you would find very few like him.

I one for one would be very upset if he were to leave the club

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 31 Aug 2009 10:29

Replacing a club legend like Murts is always going to take time for people to accept. I think that he is certainly good enough for us. What he needs is stability in front of him. A right sided midfielder who knows to drop back when Rosie bombs on. I am not suggesting that he is without fault though. His final ball could be more consistent. But if it was, would he be with us?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 31 Aug 2009 12:09

ankeny

No it's not a breath of fresh air. It's the same old bolloxs he always comes out with.

I will be shocked if we don't sign an experienced full back in the next 2 days.

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 31 Aug 2009 17:18

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe I will be shocked if we don't sign an experienced full back in the next 2 days.

I will be shocked if we sign one on Wednesday!

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 31 Aug 2009 19:27

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe wrote:

No it's not a breath of fresh air. It's the same old bolloxs he always comes out with.

And I thought that was funny but then Archies Volley II comes up with:

I will be shocked if we sign one on Wednesday!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ryn

by Ryn » 01 Sep 2009 09:52

I hope Rosie knows there's a 5 year plan to get back to the Premiership. He will probably be too old to play by the time we get back there :D

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Sep 2009 16:35

Reading EP saying Rose to Ipswich on a season loan - would seem a very odd decision unless we are getting a new right back.

251 posts
It is currently 05 Oct 2024 16:25