DROP ROSENIOR

251 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: DROP ROSENIOR

by Ian Royal » 01 Sep 2009 16:50

andrew1957 Reading EP saying Rose to Ipswich on a season loan - would seem a very odd decision unless we are getting a new right back.

:shock:

Good lord, we'd better be getting a replacement!

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 01 Sep 2009 16:57

Ian Royal
andrew1957 Reading EP saying Rose to Ipswich on a season loan - would seem a very odd decision unless we are getting a new right back.

We better had not sell him, we've no-one else to play there! And I've the feeling that we don't have much time to find a replacement....

79Royal

by 79Royal » 01 Sep 2009 17:00

We're prepared to let Harper and Rosenior go, but keep Kebe?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Sep 2009 17:06

Thaumagurist*
Ian Royal

We better had not sell him, we've no-one else to play there! And I've the feeling that we don't have much time to find a replacement....

BEcause of course it's impossible for us to be sorting out both at the same time... :roll:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Sep 2009 17:12

I simply don't believe the Rosenior story.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Sep 2009 17:13

79Royal We're prepared to let Harper and Rosenior go, but keep Kebe?

Not knocking Harper or Rose but Kebe consistently produces assists unlike many other of our players - 11 last season and one already this season. Kebe is likely to be a key player for us this season.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Sep 2009 17:14

Royal Rother I simply don't believe the Rosenior story.

On reflection neither do I - looks like someone making things up.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 01 Sep 2009 17:18

andrew1957
Royal Rother I simply don't believe the Rosenior story.

On reflection neither do I - looks like someone making things up.

Not going to have appeared in the press without some kind of confirmation. I bet there were a few deals that never came off today, doesn't mean that something didn't happened...

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 01 Sep 2009 17:44

andrew1957

Not knocking Harper or Rose but Kebe consistently produces assists unlike many other of our players - 11 last season and one already this season. Kebe is likely to be a key player for us this season.

What do you mean one - thought he had three vs Barnsley. Won the penalty, crossed for the third, and was very much involved in first.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Sep 2009 18:27

Royalwaster
andrew1957

What do you mean one - thought he had three vs Barnsley. Won the penalty, crossed for the third, and was very much involved in first.

OS have only credited him with one assist. Not sure if getting a penalty counts as an assist but if so he should have been credited with two.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 01 Sep 2009 18:34

Royalwaster What do you mean one - thought he had three vs Barnsley. Won the penalty, crossed for the third, and was very much involved in first.

True, but only one of those is counted as an assist. His ball in for the third was in the right area, but not really a great cross. Hunt did exceptionally well to change his body shape to score.

Kebe has a lot of the attributes you want in a winger, but can't seem to put them all together into a decent end product often enough.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 01 Sep 2009 18:37

Don't!!!!!! Just DON'T!!!!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 01 Sep 2009 18:52

andrew1957

Please not this nonsense AGAIN!! Ball bounces off his shoulder whilst he's looking the other way and Hunt(? or was it Doyle?) retrieves it to score (v Swansea last year I think?) is NOT a bloody assist!!!!

A ball knocking off his shin into space is NOT an assist. A scuffed pass that rolls into the 6 yard box is NOT an assist. A dive for a penalty is NOT an assist.

I trawled through these so called "assists" last year and TWO, yes TWO, were legitimate, (in fact I think they both came in the same game, where he managed two proper crosses from the right in a single game that resulted in headed goals. Not bad - 2 decent crosses in 50 odd apps!!! At £550,000 that's only £275,000 an assist. Oh, and he's got a couple of goals - 2 goals for a midfield player in 50 apps - on a par with the prolific Murty FFS!!! So 2 goals and 2 assists = £137,500 a pop. WHAT A oxf*rd BARGAIN!!!! And you wonder why he's NOT ONCE been the subject of a transfer enquiry??

Just tape the FL show and have a review of this numpty. This Messiah worship is sending me round the twist - it really is!!! the teenage RTGs on here would oxf*rd w@nk themselves into oblivion if they'd seen a proper genius like Robin Froday in action!

Can't stand this - oxf*rd useless oxf*rd waste of oxf*rd space. oxf*rd off back to France and let a footballer have a chance. Shit - I'll pay your bloody air fare myself!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

(Totally losing it - big time ....)

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Sep 2009 18:59

strap
andrew1957

Please not this nonsense AGAIN!! Ball bounces off his shoulder whilst he's looking the other way and Hunt(? or was it Doyle?) retrieves it to score (v Swansea last year I think?) is NOT a bloody assist!!!!

A ball knocking off his shin into space is NOT an assist. A scuffed pass that rolls into the 6 yard box is NOT an assist. A dive for a penalty is NOT an assist.

I trawled through these so called "assists" last year and TWO, yes TWO, were legitimate, (in fact I think they both came in the same game, where he managed two proper crosses from the right in a single game that resulted in headed goals. Not bad - 2 decent crosses in 50 odd apps!!! At £550,000 that's only £275,000 an assist. Oh, and he's got a couple of goals - 2 goals for a midfield player in 50 apps - on a par with the prolific Murty FFS!!! So 2 goals and 2 assists = £137,500 a pop. WHAT A oxf*rd BARGAIN!!!! And you wonder why he's NOT ONCE been the subject of a transfer enquiry??

Just tape the FL show and have a review of this numpty. This Messiah worship is sending me round the twist - it really is!!! the teenage RTGs on here would oxf*rd w@nk themselves into oblivion if they'd seen a proper genius like Robin Froday in action!

Can't stand this - oxf*rd useless oxf*rd waste of oxf*rd space. oxf*rd off back to France and let a footballer have a chance. Shit - I'll pay your bloody air fare myself!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

(Totally losing it - big time ....)

In that case Matejovsky is incredibly poor value at one (yes just one) assist in all the time he has been with us.

Kebe is mercurial - one minute terrible - one minute brilliant but he does cause goals to be scored and whether intentionally or not is largely irrelevant. You seem to just hate him irrationally rather than seeing he does add something to us. If he can develop and become just a little more consistent he will become a huge player for us.

And for the record he cost 300,000 euros - about £230,000 at the time - not £550,000. I keep pointing this out but you choose to ignore it.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 01 Sep 2009 19:13

I think the wisest train of thought here is to bare in mind that we should rely on statistics to measure a player's worth or potential. Too much reliance on this method will distort the 'true' impact they have on the team. Whilst I'd sympathise with Strap, on the basis that some of these 'assists' shouldn't be too readily accepted as such - one also has to recognise that the enigma that is Kebe has shown to provide a source of opportunities.

In short, he'll have to do - for now.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 01 Sep 2009 19:36

strap A scuffed pass that rolls into the 6 yard box is NOT an assist.

Is a scuffed shot that rolls into the net not a goal then? :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Sep 2009 19:44

How is 2 goals in 50 even close to on a par with Murty, who made several hundred appearances and got 2 goals?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Sep 2009 20:12

strap (Totally losing it - big time ....)

Never have you spoken a truer word (or 5).

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 01 Sep 2009 20:13

Royal Rother
strap (Totally losing it - big time ....)

Never have you spoken a truer word (or 5).

Particularly if the "it" in question is credibility.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Sep 2009 20:47

Well I am surprised - apparently the deal of Rosenior moving to Ipswich is a definite - according to his agent who has just confirmed it on TalkSport.

This really is an odd one to me as he is not that bad - can only assume BR does not rate him - or else that the club is in even more desperate financial straights than they are admitting.

Also as he is in the last year of his contract we are effectively giving him away for nothing.

251 posts