NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Shaun Cummings

168 posts
Murts-is-Lej

Re: NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Shaun Cummings

by Murts-is-Lej » 02 Sep 2009 11:12

AF1 RACIST FILTH

Phew, at least we now know he's only a WUM!!!

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 02 Sep 2009 11:14

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 02 Sep 2009 11:14

What happens when BR runs out of Watford and Chelsea youth squad to sign. Fingers crossed that Brentford and Cork City have players.. (or are still going)

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 02 Sep 2009 11:14

Scrappy He's still on the MK Dons site

http://www.mkdons.com/page/ProfilesDeta ... 22,00.html

:?: :?:

We obviously share our webmaster around.

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 02 Sep 2009 11:14

abell
AF1 RACIST FILTH

you wat :?:

you jonny come latleys can all feck off tbh, where were you at elm park :?: prolly supporting arsenal a coupla seasons ago :roll:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 Sep 2009 11:15

abell
AF1 RACIST FILTH

:?:

Idiots.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Sep 2009 11:16

Forever Reading In the Post now http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... reading_fc

Apparently just like Ryan and quick

Chelsea defender Shaun Cummings has joined Reading on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Boss Brendan Rodgers worked with the defender during his time with the Chelsea Academy and swooped to sign the 20-year-old after the departure of Liam Rosenior to Ipswich Town on loan.

Cummings had been on loan at West Bromwich Albion for the past month and spent last season at MK Dons.

Rodgers said, "Shaun is a modern day full back, a good defender who wants to go forward and is very athletic.

"I'm excited to have him, I know him well, he has all the characteristics we want and I am sure he will be very successful. He's one for now and for the future as well. He worked very closely with me at Chelsea, he developed there and then had a really successful time out on loan with the MK Dons last season.

"Supporters may have seen him line up for West Brom already this year so he has shown his credentials and ability to compete at the top end of this league. He's very similar to Ryan Bertrand on the opposite side."

Nice to see the Post/Official site ripping each other off there, I wonder who gets in first, Fordham or whoever writes up the press releases for the club!

Interesting signing though. Not quite what I was expecting when I heard we'd let Rosenoir go, especially considering how Rodgers has previous seemed to accept that his young guns need a few experienced pro's to help them out a bit.

As I said the other day, I wonder how much of this is Rodgers bringing in younger, less experienced players, so that he isn't undermined by the older players in the dressing room.

I don't think anyone could deny Rodgers has stamped his authority on the squad and that this team is now his team.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Sep 2009 11:17

PlasticRoyale What happens when BR runs out of Watford and Chelsea youth squad to sign. Fingers crossed that Brentford and Cork City have players.. (or are still going)

Raiding Brentford and Brighton proved a bad policy too...

After all where did it take us?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 02 Sep 2009 11:23

Uke
PlasticRoyale What happens when BR runs out of Watford and Chelsea youth squad to sign. Fingers crossed that Brentford and Cork City have players.. (or are still going)

Griffin Park & the Withdean?

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 02 Sep 2009 11:23

Uke

Sorry, i don't use emoticons. You'll have to guess at what i'm thinking

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 02 Sep 2009 11:29

So will snoop dog start next game?

Cheers liam rosenior as well- top guy.

Forever Reading
Location: We are the boys of the Elm Park Choir, Singing on a Saturday keeps us fit....

by Forever Reading » 02 Sep 2009 11:33

Hoop Blah
Forever Reading In the Post now http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... reading_fc

Apparently just like Ryan and quick

Chelsea defender Shaun Cummings has joined Reading on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Boss Brendan Rodgers worked with the defender during his time with the Chelsea Academy and swooped to sign the 20-year-old after the departure of Liam Rosenior to Ipswich Town on loan.

Cummings had been on loan at West Bromwich Albion for the past month and spent last season at MK Dons.

Rodgers said, "Shaun is a modern day full back, a good defender who wants to go forward and is very athletic.

"I'm excited to have him, I know him well, he has all the characteristics we want and I am sure he will be very successful. He's one for now and for the future as well. He worked very closely with me at Chelsea, he developed there and then had a really successful time out on loan with the MK Dons last season.

"Supporters may have seen him line up for West Brom already this year so he has shown his credentials and ability to compete at the top end of this league. He's very similar to Ryan Bertrand on the opposite side."

Nice to see the Post/Official site ripping each other off there, I wonder who gets in first, Fordham or whoever writes up the press releases for the club!

Interesting signing though. Not quite what I was expecting when I heard we'd let Rosenoir go, especially considering how Rodgers has previous seemed to accept that his young guns need a few experienced pro's to help them out a bit.

As I said the other day, I wonder how much of this is Rodgers bringing in younger, less experienced players, so that he isn't undermined by the older players in the dressing room.

I don't think anyone could deny Rodgers has stamped his authority on the squad and that this team is now his team.

Fordham seems to get the majority of his material from the OS

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 02 Sep 2009 11:40

Ideal
Hoop Blah Rodgers....this team is now his team.

Good or bad?

Find out over the course of the season.

He's doing it his way, at least if he does fail it was his team and he can't blame anyone else.f he succeeds then he's done fantastically well.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Sep 2009 11:44

Maguire Will Cummings be better or worse than Bertrand?

I say equally as bad.

What? Bertrand has been quality, especially against Sheff Utd, when he just kept taking on players time and time again.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 02 Sep 2009 11:46

LoyalRoyal22

I say equally as bad.

What? Bertrand has been quality, especially against Sheff Utd, when he just kept taking on players time and time again.

Low quality.

He's a defender first.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 02 Sep 2009 11:47

LoyalRoyal22

I say equally as bad.

Agree - anyone who thinks that Bertrand has been less than quality since he has arrived simply knows nothing about football. He is sheer class every time he plays.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Sep 2009 11:51

andrew1957
LoyalRoyal22

I say equally as bad.

Agree - anyone who thinks that Bertrand has been less than quality since he has arrived simply knows nothing about football. He is sheer class every time he plays.

Spot on.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 02 Sep 2009 11:52

If you think about it.....we no longer have an ageing team - so as long as we avoid relegation then the future is looking good as other teams will have to start getting in younger players at some point and thus going through this transition that we are.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Sep 2009 11:52

Row Z Royal
LoyalRoyal22

I say equally as bad.

Low quality.

He's a defender first.

No. Liar.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 02 Sep 2009 11:54

Gordons Cumming I, for one, thinks it's an excellent signing. :wink:

In January all we need is a Habbin and a Chappell and we'll be laughing. :shock:

I trust your son has been instilled with a similar dedication to this club...............

168 posts