Great save

Bill Oddie's Beard

Re: Great save

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 11 Sep 2009 15:16

ScottishRoyal
Row Z Royal When a defender slices a clearance, it's not a pass back to the 'keeper so said 'keeper can do what he like with it.

When the defender clearly and deliberately passes back to the 'keeper, then, funnily enough, that's a back pass.

Most 'keepers wallop it away so as to remove any doubt or because there isn't time to check with the ref.

:|

I know what a back pass is and you're not addressing the point by the way. An indirect free kick for a back pass can only be given if the 'keeper catches or holds the ball. :roll:

Oh, and :lol:

RZR is right. Does anyone remember when Simon Sheppard had to do a bicycle kick to stop a back pass, think it was away to Southend.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 11 Sep 2009 15:18

I thinK I'm just the victim of a deliberate & vicious backpass rule confusion campaign.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 11 Sep 2009 15:20

Interesting so - if someone passes the ball intentionally to the goalkeeper but it goes towards the top corner, the goalie can either head or chest it or simply has to let it go into the net? Wow I didn't know that.

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 11 Sep 2009 15:22

Archie's penalty Interesting so - if someone passes the ball intentionally to the goalkeeper but it goes towards the top corner, the goalie can either head or chest it or simply has to let it go into the net? Wow I didn't know that.

Yup, or bicycle kick it a la SS

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Sep 2009 15:23

This is one of those moments where i'm totally :| and wondering whether the rest of the world is an idiot or whether I am.

Do people honestly, really think that if someone passes the ball back to me deliberately that I can stop it with my hands as long as I don't actually hold on to it? Why on earth do you see keepers slicing awkward back passes into touch every week if they could just stick a hand behind it?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 11 Sep 2009 15:29

Maguire This is one of those moments where i'm totally :| and wondering whether the rest of the world is an idiot or whether I am.

Do people honestly, really think that if someone passes the ball back to me deliberately that I can stop it with my hands as long as I don't actually hold on to it? Why on earth do you see keepers slicing awkward back passes into touch every week if they could just stick a hand behind it?

Of course I understand the principle of the difficult back pass and having to clear it out. It's the very rare occasions when someone hits a very awkward backpass into the topcorner (a la Coupet). I thought you could at least tip it over. What would the ref give if he did? I suppose an indirect freekick in the box.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 11 Sep 2009 15:30

Maguire This is one of those moments where i'm totally :| and wondering whether the rest of the world is an idiot or whether I am.

'greed.

Note how its the numptys that have never played the game that don't seem to know the rules.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 11 Sep 2009 15:31

Archie's penalty

Of course I understand the principle of the difficult back pass and having to clear it out. It's the very rare occasions when someone hits a very awkward backpass into the topcorner (a la Coupet). I thought you could at least tip it over. What would the ref give if he did? I suppose an indirect freekick in the box.

Yes. Exactly that.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 11 Sep 2009 15:43

This is one of those moments where i'm totally :| and wondering whether the rest of the world is an idiot or whether I am.

This is Hobnob.

Its different.

Cocker

by Cocker » 11 Sep 2009 15:49

Row Z Royal
Archie's penalty

Yes. Exactly that.

On a side note... could/would the ref then send the goalkeeper off?

As he has illegally (and quite clearly deliberately) stopped a clear goal scoring opportunity?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 11 Sep 2009 15:51

Cocker On a side note... could/would the ref then send the goalkeeper off?

As he has illegally (and quite clearly deliberately) stopped a clear goal scoring opportunity?

I wonder if that has ever happened?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 11 Sep 2009 15:53

Cocker
Row Z Royal
Archie's penalty

Yes. Exactly that.

On a side note... could/would the ref then send the goalkeeper off?

It doesn't seem to fall under "deliberate hand ball" so not in that sense, but it might be a bookable offence for unsporting behaviour, at the referee's discretion.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affeder ... gameen.pdf (page 32 onwards for fouls & punishments)

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 11 Sep 2009 16:03

Jeez :roll:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Sep 2009 16:23

Archie's penalty

CHRIST!

No he wouldn't send him off.

:snoop:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 11 Sep 2009 16:24

Maguire
Archie's penalty

CHRIST!

No he wouldn't send him off.

:snoop:

How the f*ck am I supposed to know that? Pcunts!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Sep 2009 16:40

Archie's penalty

Indirect free kick from where the pass back was made, so in this case, well outside the area.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 11 Sep 2009 16:56

It's a really good save, yeah?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 11 Sep 2009 17:01

papereyes It's a really good save, yeah?

Well all this information makes that save unbelievable.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 11 Sep 2009 17:18

Royal Rother Indirect free kick from where the pass back was made, so in this case, well outside the area.

Where the keeper handles it m8.

Royal Rother, another who's clearly never played the game (at least since the rule was brought in)

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 11 Sep 2009 17:42

I thought the backpass rule only applied to the goalie picking the ball up/collecting it in his arms

my bad