Arab takeover interest reported on tribalfootball.com

451 posts
Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading taken over by Arabs

by Norfolk Royal » 14 Sep 2009 10:01

Focher Do you reckon they will start selling RFC burka's in the club shop? id buy one.

You can make one quite easily from a sheet and a strip of gauze.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 14 Sep 2009 10:02

Yellowcoat If this goes through the moaners will have driven out both SC & SJM.

Honestly, do you really believe this? :|

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 14 Sep 2009 10:03

Dont get too excited. QPR are probably one of the riches clubs in the country at the moment and they haven't done much with it.............

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 14 Sep 2009 10:03

Sir John never made the Financial statement he said he was going to make after the window close (I've not seen it) so could be some mileage in this too.

Not sure how I feel about it to be honest

Emmer Green Royal

Re: Takeover interest reported on tribalfootball.com

by Emmer Green Royal » 14 Sep 2009 10:06

...and I posted 5 minutes before it appeared on the team board...

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 14 Sep 2009 10:07

The whole year inn
Tony Le Mesmer nightmare scenario for any self respecting FOOTBALL CLUB.

yep

rather see us relegated to the conference than owned by Arabs :|

Haha.

You fecking idiot.

Is there anything beyond rascism in those comments?

Do you believe that being owned by an self-interested English millionaire is very different from being owned by a group of self-interested foreign millionaires?

(Directed at Tony Le Mesmer, by the way - I'm assuming The Whole Year Inn was being ironic. Let's hope so).

Skyline

by Skyline » 14 Sep 2009 10:08

Considering SJM has been saying since before we made it to the Prem that he wanted to sell, this is patently a load of rubbish.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 14 Sep 2009 10:10

Not sure if I believe this. If I do, surely there's a worry that the new owner could throw money at us for a few years then get bored and leave. We'd be left with an obscene wage bill and finances we couldn't sustain and could follow the likes of Leeds and Southampton. I'd love to see us back in the Premiership and competing at a higher level, but be careful what you wish for....

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Sep 2009 10:10

If it happens we'll all get used to it I suppose, but can't say the idea fills me with any excitement whatsoever. Maybe things wouldn't change much under a new owner, but I'm perfectly happy with the club we became under Madejski, and the club we are now.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 14 Sep 2009 10:13

TBM Dont get too excited. QPR are probably one of the riches clubs in the country at the moment and they haven't done much with it.............

QPR are owned by some very rich people.

That is totally different to being a very rich club.

It's never really seemed that their owners are that interested in the club. It's a minor play thing for some blokes with many other interests and the money they have put into it is small change for them. You get the impression that a couple of years ago it seemed a bit of fun to buy a club, but then they decided to get a new yacht, some racehorses etc etc and the club is last year's toy stuffed at the back of the cupboard.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 14 Sep 2009 10:13

RobRoyal
The whole year inn

yep

Haha.

You fecking idiot.

Do you believe that being owned by an self-interested English millionaire is very different from being owned by a group of self-interested foreign millionaires?

(Directed at Tony Le Mesmer, by the way - I'm assuming The Whole Year Inn was being ironic. Let's hope so).

nowt racist sonny

Would like the owner of RFC to have an affiliation with the town and its people if thats ok with you

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 14 Sep 2009 10:17

Platypuss

Given that Coppell and JM both were making noises of wanting to "take a break" or sell up" during the good times, it does seem a tad unlikely that they were driven out.

The moaners will still be here though.

"We've only spent £1.3 billion on players this year. Call that ambition? He's got £500 billion in the bank. What another billion to him? To my mind, he's just here to take money out of the club to prop up his oil business."
Last edited by Rev Algenon Stickleback H on 14 Sep 2009 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 14 Sep 2009 10:17

RobRoyal
The whole year inn

yep

Haha.

You fecking idiot.

i think you'll find your the fukking idiot, its nothing to do with race, its to do with being owned by a LOCAL person who can identify with the club/town and run it well, which lets face it up until the last 18 months it has been run well and successfully. Although the prospect of being taken over by rich arabs appears exciting, they will not have a 2nd thought about walking out and leaving the club to dissolve.

The only 'fans' of RFC that will be spunking themselves about this are those who started supporting Reading after we moved from Elm Park and started being successful, the plastic brigade. Im guessing you lie in that category Rob the nob. If you don't, then you need your head tested to think long term this is good for the club. Its short term excitement that will ultimately kill RFC, thats if it hasnt already been killed.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Arab takeover interest reported on tribalfootball.com

by Norfolk Royal » 14 Sep 2009 10:19

Now moved to rumour section. Does this mean the deal is off?

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 14 Sep 2009 10:27

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Platypuss

Given that Coppell and JM both were making noises of wanting to "take a break" or sell up" during the good times, it does seem a tad unlikely that they were driven out.

The moaners will still be here though.

"We've only spent £1.3 billion on players this year. Call that ambition? He's got £500 billion in the bank. What another billion to him? To my mind, he's just here to take money out of the club to prop up his oil business."

How much was Howard?? :shock:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 14 Sep 2009 10:31

Sun Tzu
TBM Dont get too excited. QPR are probably one of the riches clubs in the country at the moment and they haven't done much with it.............

QPR are owned by some very rich people.

That is totally different to being a very rich club.

It's never really seemed that their owners are that interested in the club. It's a minor play thing for some blokes with many other interests and the money they have put into it is small change for them. You get the impression that a couple of years ago it seemed a bit of fun to buy a club, but then they decided to get a new yacht, some racehorses etc etc and the club is last year's toy stuffed at the back of the cupboard.

True

Just saying that because you have rich owners, it doesn't mean you'll do a Chelsea/Man City

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 14 Sep 2009 10:33

Focher i think you'll find your the fukking idiot, its nothing to do with race, its to do with being owned by a LOCAL person who can identify with the club/town and run it well, which lets face it up until the last 18 months it has been run well and successfully. Although the prospect of being taken over by rich arabs appears exciting, they will not have a 2nd thought about walking out and leaving the club to dissolve.

The only 'fans' of RFC that will be spunking themselves about this are those who started supporting Reading after we moved from Elm Park and started being successful, the plastic brigade. Im guessing you lie in that category Rob the nob. If you don't, then you need your head tested to think long term this is good for the club. Its short term excitement that will ultimately kill RFC, thats if it hasnt already been killed.

How many of the foreign oweners have actually walked away and allowed a club to dissolve ?

I don't think mass foreign ownership is at all good for the English game but I'm prepared to at least give a new owner a chance. There have been some bad foreign owners and others who have stayed around for years (love him or loath him Fayed has stuck with Fulham, Villa seem to have a good guy and even Man Utd seem to have survived !)

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 14 Sep 2009 10:35

Focher i think you'll find your the fukking idiot, its nothing to do with race, its to do with being owned by a LOCAL person who can identify with the club/town and run it well,

Why not say that, then? "I'd rather see us relegated to the conference than owned by someone who is not a local." is a lot less open to misinterpretation than "I'd rather see us relegated to the conference than owned by Arabs."

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

Re: Arab takeover interest reported on tribalfootball.com

by Row Z Royal » 14 Sep 2009 10:41

SJM's from Stoke.

:|

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 14 Sep 2009 10:41

Sun Tzu
Focher i think you'll find your the fukking idiot, its nothing to do with race, its to do with being owned by a LOCAL person who can identify with the club/town and run it well, which lets face it up until the last 18 months it has been run well and successfully. Although the prospect of being taken over by rich arabs appears exciting, they will not have a 2nd thought about walking out and leaving the club to dissolve.

How many of the foreign oweners have actually walked away and allowed a club to dissolve ?

I don't think mass foreign ownership is at all good for the English game but I'm prepared to at least give a new owner a chance. There have been some bad foreign owners and others who have stayed around for years (love him or loath him Fayed has stuck with Fulham, Villa seem to have a good guy and even Man Utd seem to have survived !)

I'll cautiously agree with your sentiment about giving them a chance, but I'd be wondering about what their motivations are. If it's to make money.....

451 posts