222 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Coppell - Can He Save Us???

by Ian Royal » 14 Sep 2009 21:06

winchester_royal
Ian Royal You're so pROFLedictable.

LOL @ a middle aged man using ROFL.

I'm only going to live to 57? My mum is going to be very upset.

:cry:

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 14 Sep 2009 21:19

Ian Royal
Oh come on!

Snowball has that market cornered. And there are plenty worse than W_R and Slammed.

Ok a few.

Well maybe one or two....

I thought you liked me Ian. :(

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Sep 2009 21:40

SLAMMED
Ian Royal
Oh come on!

Snowball has that market cornered. And there are plenty worse than W_R and Slammed.

Ok a few.

Well maybe one or two....

I thought you liked me Ian. :(

You're alright, I thought you could take it.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 14 Sep 2009 21:51

I'm very fragile.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 14 Sep 2009 23:48

Ian Royal
winchester_royal
Ian Royal You're so pROFLedictable.

LOL @ a middle aged man using ROFL.

I'm only going to live to 57? My mum is going to be very upset.

:cry:

Heaven help the world if we are middle aged :|

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Sep 2009 00:04

Right I'm going to go into abbreviation hyperdrive to spite them.

I like FalaROFeL.

OMG.

Time for bed I think.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 15 Sep 2009 00:33

In a word. No.

Ryn

by Ryn » 15 Sep 2009 09:01

Ideal The world is now centered around 11-15 year old children. This has to do with them being able to squeeze a lot of money out of their parents to buy them things.
The entire popular music industry caters to these children, and most of the movie industry. (See: star trek movie)

Indeed, the parents of these children don't want them to go without "like they did when they were young"

Kids these days are smothered to death by parents who have made a few quid off the over-inflated property market, and taken time out of their busy lives to have kids "before it's too late", who then think that buying the kids anything that they ask for is some kind of substitute for leaving them with the nanny while they go back to work.

"Let's go watch Reading, they're a real football team you know, it'll be a great family day out and cheaper than Chessington"

Alivey

Would we be in the same position if Coppell stayed?

by Alivey » 26 Sep 2009 23:08

IMO, yes. But that is my opinion. I don't think Coppell would have been able to reverse the rot that had been setting in and I'm happy with BR because whereas Coppell would have let all the players go to the Premier League he would have not replaced them where Brandon Rogers did and I think we should be grateful we are still in this league because Coppell I doubt we would be. I know Coppell did some good for us so no disrespect.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Would we be in the same position if Coppell stayed?

by Millsy » 26 Sep 2009 23:38

Of course we wouldn't be in the same position.

As I warned over and over again the biggest tragedy for RFC would be the loss of Coppell and surprise surprise he goes and we overnight turn into relegation candidates. I'm :lol: ing at those who thought 4th place was a failure and I'm hoping they're enjoying the current situation.

BUT

Coppell's heart wasn't in it. He wanted away. So if he was to stay chances are we'd get the same crap we got in the last half of last season. I'd rather have someone who's desperate for success in Rodgers than someone who did his thing and just wanted to get out and have a break.
Yes it might take a little longer for him to build his team, and yes that might mean this season we might not do as well, but in the longrun it'll pay off.

I'm sure over the next few seasons having a settled Rodgers is better than if a half hearted Coppell had stayed.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 27 Sep 2009 01:00

Assuming Coppell would have been forced to shed the same players that Rodgers had, I think we'd be in the same place or thereabouts.

royal_ross

by royal_ross » 27 Sep 2009 01:05

I actually am starting to miss Coppell now, wanted a change last season but kinda want him back, I'm like a kid without his best toy :cry:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 27 Sep 2009 08:38

No, as we wouldn't be introducing new playing style and ideas behind the scenes at the same time. I don't think we'd be at the top end but we'd certainly be further away from the bottom 3.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 27 Sep 2009 08:58

Of course we wouldn't, Coppell has a track record of making a success of clubs with a minimal budget. Rodgers doesn't and has pissed the majority of the minimal budget on a player he doesn't even play.

It was obvioius we would suffer after a manager of the quality of Coppell left but even I've underestimated how bad a job Rodgers would make of it.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 27 Sep 2009 10:56

Stupid question,we would not be in this position if Coppell was here,he was no "Yes"man like Buck,and he would have adressed the dire situation we are in.I,like many others would have him back now(and he thought before he opened his mouth).

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 27 Sep 2009 11:22

Best judges of football managers are other football managers, other football managers voted SSC top manager numerous times and he always commands respect amongst his peers. Experience will always win out over any other forms of success. No, we would not be in the same position, we would be better off IMHO!

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 27 Sep 2009 11:46

Schards#2 Of course we wouldn't, Coppell has a track record of making a success of clubs with a minimal budget. Rodgers doesn't and has pissed the majority of the minimal budget on a player he doesn't even play..

To me that's been Rodgers' biggest downfall - spending £2 million on a player even he doesn't seem to believe is good enough any more, while neglecting the glaring holes in other positions in the team. £2 million spent elsewhere would quite possibly have given us a balanced team that could look decent. Yesterday was the first time this season we've had a player looking capable of playing wide and doing a wide player's job.

We also don't have a single player at the club capable of playing the advanced positions in a 4-3-3, so to persist with that was stupid.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 27 Sep 2009 11:54

Dorset-Knob Best judges of football managers are other football managers, other football managers voted SSC top manager numerous times and he always commands respect amongst his peers. Experience will always win out over any other forms of success. No, we would not be in the same position, we would be better off IMHO!

Spot on.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 27 Sep 2009 11:56

Dorset-Knob Best judges of football managers are other football managers, other football managers voted SSC top manager numerous times and he always commands respect amongst his peers. Experience will always win out over any other forms of success. No, we would not be in the same position, we would be better off IMHO!

I disagree, I think Royalee and Woodcote Royal (the only man who can significantly raise the average IQ of a village simply by leaving it) know far more than the likes of Ferguson and Wenger.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 Sep 2009 11:58

Like I said though, Woodcote has gone very very quiet of late. Won't be able to admit he was wrong though and will still slate Coppell!

222 posts