Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 29
Dave Gale

Re: Rogers must go? (POLL)

by Dave Gale » 16 Sep 2009 23:09

I was really excited pre-season when the appointment was made, encouraged by the Chelsea friendly, and then I was deflated as we have picked up so few points. I was a Coppell fan, I'll admit, and I want to moan now but I can see what Brendan's doing. He's assembled some good young talents and is trying a different style of football, which wont yield instant success. It needs time. We lost, but tried very hard, and I was entertained. So it's not a total disaster. Plus McAnuff to come in, more width and creativity to come.

I think tonight their keeper kept them in the game with some top saves, and the start of the 2nd half we really went for them. We had all the momentum. The goal came against the run of play and that knocked us back a bit. It's just how it goes - bad luck, I can not fault the effort of the players, and I do see this group of players slowly becoming a force over the next third of the season. I'm sure we'll finish around the middle, I am an optimist but I cant see play offs as much as I'm willing it to happen.

I'm not singing Brendan's praises outright, but I'm sure from what i've seen the team will evolve and improve - we'll put a run together. I do have concerns and they are the lack of width - at times we have the ball in the middle of the park and the full backs arent their to give us an outlet so it's all too narrow, I'm a sucker for 4-4-2 (but I know that is part of the system trying to be played so I have to have faith that when it clicks it wont matter that we don't have orthodox direct wingers), and the fact we don't have a 20 goals a season striker. who knows though, Rasiak may get more service and chances as our play improves.

After that rambling - i'm not 100% happy but think it's silly to suggest we sack Brendan. It's a work-in-progress and when it comes together we'll have a very very good team playing some attractive football, as evidenced in patches tonight.

urz_1871

by urz_1871 » 16 Sep 2009 23:12

Royalee Go away Ideal, any rational person who was there tonight will admit we were very unlucky, created lots of chances, forced their keeper into 3 or 4 cracking saves and deserved to win. We're improving, not watching the game on Sky Sports News will tell you much in your case.

Royalee wouldn't either bother if i was you. Most of the numpties on here have already made their minds up on here after only 7 games. I left the ground tonight thinking how didn't we win that. We were very very unlucky to lose that tonight.

It's all about expectations now, people must realise that we are building a new team under a new manager. It took Pardew and Coppell a couple of seasons to build the teams they wanted to challenge for the top of the championship.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Sep 2009 23:14

Dave Gale I was really excited pre-season when the appointment was made, encouraged by the Chelsea friendly, and then I was deflated as we have picked up so few points. I was a Coppell fan, I'll admit, and I want to moan now but I can see what Brendan's doing. He's assembled some good young talents and is trying a different style of football, which wont yield instant success. It needs time. We lost, but tried very hard, and I was entertained. So it's not a total disaster. Plus McAnuff to come in, more width and creativity to come.

I think tonight their keeper kept them in the game with some top saves, and the start of the 2nd half we really went for them. We had all the momentum. The goal came against the run of play and that knocked us back a bit. It's just how it goes - bad luck, I can not fault the effort of the players, and I do see this group of players slowly becoming a force over the next third of the season. I'm sure we'll finish around the middle, I am an optimist but I cant see play offs as much as I'm willing it to happen.

I'm not singing Brendan's praises outright, but I'm sure from what i've seen the team will evolve and improve - we'll put a run together. I do have concerns and they are the lack of width - at times we have the ball in the middle of the park and the full backs arent their to give us an outlet so it's all too narrow, I'm a sucker for 4-4-2 (but I know that is part of the system trying to be played so I have to have faith that when it clicks it wont matter that we don't have orthodox direct wingers), and the fact we don't have a 20 goals a season striker. who knows though, Rasiak may get more service and chances as our play improves.

After that rambling - i'm not 100% happy but think it's silly to suggest we sack Brendan. It's a work-in-progress and when it comes together we'll have a very very good team playing some attractive football, as evidenced in patches tonight.

Top draw post and sums up situation perfectly. You have it spot on and that performance was far better than the last 10 dished up by Coppell.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 17 Sep 2009 00:04

It was a good performance tonight. Marshall was outstanding for them and Cardiff created very little but we desperately need more width and some decent strikers..oh and a right-back.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 17 Sep 2009 00:17

Ideal, you've got a mustache haven't you? For that reason I think you can't coment. Nothing to do with you never seeing us play. The simple fact that you have a mustache is enough for me. You're a twat.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Sep 2009 00:26

Ideal
urz_1871 It took Pardew and Coppell a couple of seasons

1) Coppell won 8 out of his first 11 games in charge
2) Coppell's team never looked likely to get relegated his first season in charge

I make it 7, with 3 losses

and he only won 3 of the next 12 (including a 7 game winless streak.) and lost 6.

Interesting how the picture you paint changes quite dramatically when you widen the angle isn't it?

And Rodgers hasn't even had 11 games yet.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 17 Sep 2009 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 17 Sep 2009 00:27

Ideal
PEARCEY Cardiff created very little

Oh really? Even the offical RFC site lists shots on target as 6-5.
Clearly we are not playing efficient football if they create very little and we only have one more shot on goal than they do.
Centre-back possession is worthless if you can't get a shot on goal!!

I can't remember 5 shots on target. Apart from one goalmouth scramble just after they had scored and a Chopra shot that went past the post in the first half they created very little..oh they did have another shot which went straight into Federici's chest. We created far more chances and should have won.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Sep 2009 00:29

PEARCEY
Ideal
PEARCEY Cardiff created very little

Oh really? Even the offical RFC site lists shots on target as 6-5.
Clearly we are not playing efficient football if they create very little and we only have one more shot on goal than they do.
Centre-back possession is worthless if you can't get a shot on goal!!

I can't remember 5 shots on target. Apart from one goalmouth scramble just after they had scored and a Chopra shot that went past the post in the first half they created very little..oh they did have another shot which went straight into Federici's chest. We created far more chances and should have won.

We didn't put the ball in the net they did Therefore, they should've and did win.

clauski

by clauski » 17 Sep 2009 00:31

Dave Gale I was really excited pre-season when the appointment was made, encouraged by the Chelsea friendly, and then I was deflated as we have picked up so few points. I was a Coppell fan, I'll admit, and I want to moan now but I can see what Brendan's doing. He's assembled some good young talents and is trying a different style of football, which wont yield instant success.

I think you've inserted an extra "instant" in there by mistake. HTH.

REALROYAL

I WANT RODGERS SACKED NOW!!!

by REALROYAL » 19 Sep 2009 19:55

Rodgers out.. The guy is full of hot air. Its all bullshit sack the twat and do it now

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: I WANT RODGERS SACKED NOW!!!

by kwik-silva » 19 Sep 2009 19:56

How many topics does one board need about the same thing?

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 19 Sep 2009 19:58

REALROYAL Rodgers out.. The guy is full of hot air. Its all bullshit sack the twat and do it now

REALROYAL out.. The guy is full of hot air. Its all bullshit ban the twat and do it now

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 19 Sep 2009 19:59

Yeah right....REALROYAL.. You were the twat who started a fake thread about Coppell a year or so back if I recall.
Its 8 games and yes its shambolic. Rodgers has fcuked up but he deserves a chance to sort it out.
I say that as someone who was highly sceptical of his appointment in the first place but now he's in the job he has to have a proper shot at it....8 games does not constitute that.
If we are in a mess by December then he has to go...and for those that say he will still be in the job even if we go down...no chance...the fans would not tolerate it.
Last edited by PEARCEY on 19 Sep 2009 21:29, edited 1 time in total.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 19 Sep 2009 20:00

Deathy
REALROYAL Rodgers out.. The guy is full of hot air. Its all bullshit sack the twat and do it now

REALROYAL out.. The guy is full of hot air. Its all bullshit ban the twat and do it now

My irony detector has gone into overdrive.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Sep 2009 20:02

PEARCEY Yeah right. You were the twat who started a fake thread about Coppell a year or so back if I recall.
Its 8 games and yes its shambolic. Rodgers has fcuked up but he deserves a chance to sort it out.
I say that as someone who was highly sceptical of his appointment in the first place but now he's in the job he has to have a proper shot at it....8 games does not constitute that.
If we are in a mess by December then he has to go...and for those that say he will still be in the job even if we go down...no chance...the fans would not tolerate it.

Completely agree Pearcey.

He's got another 10 games to turn it around. If we're in the bottom three then I think he's gone.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 19 Sep 2009 20:13

Brenda has to go know.

No win at home this season, lack of goals, a 2-0 lead squandered away at Peterboro and he publicly states earlier this week he still does not know his best team... well he may never get the chance to know as he has had eight (8 lives) his ninth life is the home game next weekend.

REALROYAL

by REALROYAL » 19 Sep 2009 20:50

Deathy

If I was running our team into the ground then yes me out. But its not me it the 3 twats.. Mr Mad Mr Ham & Mr Rogs

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Sep 2009 22:10

RODGERS OUT

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 19 Sep 2009 22:15

SouthDownsRoyal RODGERS OUT

Wilcos over.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 19 Sep 2009 22:18

Let's see what happens next Saturday. Watford IS our cup final.

417 posts