Back from the game - Watford (h)

193 posts
SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game - Watford (h)

by SLAMMED » 26 Sep 2009 18:53

winchester_royal And FWIW, in McAnuff I think we've finally found someone who can do damage down the wing.

100% 'greed.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 26 Sep 2009 18:54

Royalee
Row Z Royal
Royalee
Jimmy Kebe.

Nah.

Explain what he did all game.

Tackled, headed, closed the oppo down, filled in when Cummings went forward, got crosses in...basically everything you'd expect from a winger.

Is he just the focus of your attention now that Harper's gone?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 26 Sep 2009 18:54

SLAMMED
winchester_royal And FWIW, in McAnuff I think we've finally found someone who can do damage down the wing.

100% 'greed.

MacAnooooooooooof

What was that all about?

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 26 Sep 2009 18:56

Can he do it consistently though? I think thats been the issue with him in the past at previous clubs.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Sep 2009 18:56

Alan Partridge Really enjoyed the first half, Rodgers makes a pointless change for no reason, Federici costs Reading a goal by a woeful bit of decision making, Rodgers panics makes 2 more unneccesary changes, Reading are utter mince for the remainder of the game. In a nutshell.

Bang on. Federici is completely at fault for the goal. Decent shot stopper but absolutely no presence when the ball is in the air.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Sep 2009 18:57

moo

Can he do it consistently though? I think thats been the issue with him in the past at previous clubs.

We'll find out I 'spose. But if he carries on like that we have some player.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 26 Sep 2009 18:58

Row Z Royal
Royalee
Explain what he did all game.

Tackled, headed, closed the oppo down, filled in when Cummings went forward, got crosses in...basically everything you'd expect from a winger.

'greed.

Thought he was pretty good in the 1st half but seemed a lot worse in the 2nd and the crowd obliged by turning on him.

However, the number of times in the second half he had 2-3 men in front of him and no-one helping him out or overlapping......wtf is he supposed to do?

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 26 Sep 2009 18:59

winchester_royal
moo

We'll find out I 'spose. But if he carries on like that we have some player.

+1

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 26 Sep 2009 19:00

winchester_royal
Alan Partridge Really enjoyed the first half, Rodgers makes a pointless change for no reason, Federici costs Reading a goal by a woeful bit of decision making, Rodgers panics makes 2 more unneccesary changes, Reading are utter mince for the remainder of the game. In a nutshell.

Bang on. Federici is completely at fault for the goal. Decent shot stopper but absolutely no presence when the ball is in the air.

Today summed up Federici as a keeper currently perfectly, he made one of the best saves i've seen just before they did score, he's capable of that but when it comes to the basics like decision making he is just so average. His positioning recently has been poor and that today was just shite. A rubbish loopy ball on around the penalty spot has to be the keepers, he went half way, backed off, too late. Crap goal.

As for Kebe just like the rest of the team, excellent 1st half, crap 2nd.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 26 Sep 2009 19:00

moo

Once a game would make him light years better than Kebe.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 26 Sep 2009 19:02

B-Rog has no big fans in my house

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 26 Sep 2009 19:02

Royalee
moo

Once a game would make him light years better than Kebe.

What world class academy product should replace Jimmy? Or should Rodgers have signed a replacement?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 26 Sep 2009 19:02

Row Z Royal Tackled, headed, closed the oppo down, filled in when Cummings went forward, got crosses in...basically everything you'd expect from a winger.

I saw him win one tackle all game and win 2 headers, he also made one good cross for Rasiak which was headed over. Apart from that he was utterly shit and cost us for the goal.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 26 Sep 2009 19:14

Royalee
Row Z Royal Tackled, headed, closed the oppo down, filled in when Cummings went forward, got crosses in...basically everything you'd expect from a winger.

I saw him win one tackle all game and win 2 headers, he also made one good cross for Rasiak which was headed over. Apart from that he was utterly shit and cost us for the goal.

But Ingi and Fedders are blameless?

TunneLOL vision.

Forty

by Forty » 26 Sep 2009 19:18

Won the first half, or more accurately the first half of the first half of the first half.

looked bright, inventive, pressed, moved. Could beat anyone like that. All the good play down the left h/s at this stage.

Scored.

Bottled it. Took the pace out of the game, reverted to a 7-2-1 formation. Looked crap. Got battered by Graham (big number 10)

Very unhappy with Rodgers.

Sigurdss whatever he's called has looked useful down the left - so lets play him in the middle. Last time at home we were absent down the right until Kebe came on as a sub. He's previously started and looked hopeless. Why not play MacAnuff down the right, or Siggwhatever down the right. Okay, it's a fair enough mistake - so we make subs, three of them and Kebe is still on the pitch. hunt, who's managed to look highly unimpressive lately gets on the pitch ahead of the young, homegrown striker who's just scored his first goal for the club (why bother )

Kebe looks like my 5 year old could knock him off the ball. Watford had about 8 blokes looking after Bertrand and mcanuff and still Kebe cant consistently find some space. Howard was stuffed - having looked impressive gettign forward from the middle, get's aked to play with his back to goal. Joke.

Rodgers on the radio. man with no clue, no plans, running out of cliches and is desperate desperate need of some help. Needs a touch of the Martin Allens to chase the experienced players around with a bloody big stick, and needs someone with a huge arse, or a deformity on their back, or the biggest, knobbly knees in the world so a ball goes into the net for him when it matters - not at the start, but when we're under the cosh and need a drop of luck. Needs someone to help him ... cos Fat Frank Senior and Nicholas hammond certainly aren't doing that.

Wouldn't hurt to play the same 11 - or even the same 9 for two games in a row.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Sep 2009 19:21

'greed with Forty.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 26 Sep 2009 19:21

Row Z Royal
SLAMMED

100% 'greed.

MacAnooooooooooof

What was that all about?

Not a clue.

Was impresses with Rasiaks heading. He did seem to get his head to most balls when challenged the air.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 26 Sep 2009 19:22

andrew1957 Obviously not winning is disappointing but it was definitely a point won rather than two dropped against a good Watford side that scrapped for everything. I felt we did well to hold on for a draw and really did not expect us to at one point. In the end after the sending off we could well have nicked it.
Rodgers - Can't really criticise him today - it would have been a disaster if we had lost against his old team - so on balance a fair result.

Your comments say it all without you even realising. WE should be scraping for everything like Watford. We shouldn't be holding onto a draw at home against Watford. If we had nicked it, it woul dhave been undeserved. Maybe a fair result but not a good one. FFS can't you see!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 26 Sep 2009 19:26

Royalee

So, one his best ever games for RFC then. Starting with him in the side is the same as starting with 10 men. Absolute cack, and NOT a footballer. 95% of Nobbers and practically 100% of BBCRB texters know this. Why the oxf*rd can't the "Special One", (oh please!), see it?

So hacked off with the club right now. Cheapskate options all over this club, from the "manager" down. Peanuts and monkeys Madejski, oxf*rd peanuts and monkeys.

Congrats on your Station Hill planning permission though. How much did you spend on getting that through the system? A damn sight more than on the team this year that's for sure.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 26 Sep 2009 19:28

strap
Royalee

So, one his best ever games for RFC then. Starting with him in the side is the same as starting with 10 men. Absolute cack, and NOT a footballer. 95% of Nobbers and practically 100% of BBCRB texters know this. Why the oxf*rd can't the "Special One", (oh please!), see it?

So hacked off with the club right now. Cheapskate options all over this club, from the "manager" down. Peanuts and monkeys Madejski, oxf*rd peanuts and monkeys.

Congrats on your Station Hill planning permission though. How much did you spend on getting that through the system? A damn sight more than on the team this year that's for sure.

Since when did gaining planning persmission cost more than £2m?

193 posts