How many games has Rogers got left?

259 posts
howser
Hob Nob Regular

Re: How many games has Rogers got left?

by howser » 26 Sep 2009 18:52

He must now realise what a mistake it was to take the job, working for that asshole of an owner who is just getting rid of anyone who is worth anything, and earns high salaries, then replacing them with cheaper options. Since the heady days of the Premiership it has been job done from Madejski, he now just recoups everything he has laid out. Will he not just F*** of and take his tightarse Ego with him !!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Sep 2009 18:58

Saw stewards giving Watford fans their banner which said something along the lines of Rodgers is a liar. I didn't see it at the ground, so can only assume they confiscated it! LOLz.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 26 Sep 2009 19:15

Lose the next two and he'll be gone.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Sep 2009 19:19

Man Friday Lose the next two and he'll be gone.

I doubt it. Unless he, himself, just walks. I doubt the club would have any confidence in any of the backroom staff replacing him, albeit temporarily, I can't think of anyone to bring in, except maybe Coppell and I doubt he'd come, or Curbishley, and I suspect he's holding out for Pompey or somewhere.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 26 Sep 2009 19:26

"It's a sign of our confidence that we relaxed" ??????????????

What sort of mixed-up clap trap is this? He's completely lost it.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 26 Sep 2009 19:27

If he des get the chop who the hell would want to come here and replace him after seeing what Mr Tightarse has done to the club, no players with any "star" quality, a lot of promising, talented, young lads, but with no experience, and a few nearly average championship experienced players.

There is nothing to work with in this shambolic "cheap" squad. Rodgers is doing the best he can with what he has got, why does everyone go for his head ? Its the tightarse prick of an owner that you should be shouting to get rid of.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Sep 2009 19:28

He told Tim Dellor the team were lacking in confidence and confidence comes with winning. No shit. :roll: He also made a comment that made it sound like we'd lost the game, rather than draw it.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 26 Sep 2009 19:28

League 1 here we come.

This management team and set of players will not get us out of league 1 they are just not good enough.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Sep 2009 19:29

Archie's penalty What is wrong with me? I almost want Reading to lose at the moment. Blast HNA.

That really is pathetic.

You should see someone.

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 26 Sep 2009 19:59

andrew1957
Forest Gump So. those are the easy games over. Now comes Preston, Boro and West Brom. I would be surprised if Reading get more than a single point from these three games and even more surprised if BR is still in his post by the end of this run.

In the first 15 games we will have played the most of the top 10. 15 points after 15 games is about as good as it will realistically get. We need to back Rodgers who has a very difficult job - not sack him.

You ARE Brendan Rodgers AICMFP! :)

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 26 Sep 2009 20:03

howser If he des get the chop who the hell would want to come here and replace him after seeing what Mr Tightarse has done to the club, no players with any "star" quality, a lot of promising, talented, young lads, but with no experience, and a few nearly average championship experienced players.

There is nothing to work with in this shambolic "cheap" squad. Rodgers is doing the best he can with what he has got, why does everyone go for his head ? Its the tightarse prick of an owner that you should be shouting to get rid of.

Agreed, it's the wrecking ball by wrecking ball approach and it's bringing the club to its knees.

12,000 gates within 12 months. Extention anyone? :lol:

John Peel

by John Peel » 26 Sep 2009 20:14

Agreed too. He's got till December - sacking a manager and staff is too costly for SJM.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 26 Sep 2009 20:20

Schards#2
howser If he des get the chop who the hell would want to come here and replace him after seeing what Mr Tightarse has done to the club, no players with any "star" quality, a lot of promising, talented, young lads, but with no experience, and a few nearly average championship experienced players.

Agreed, it's the wrecking ball by wrecking ball approach and it's bringing the club to its knees.

12,000 gates within 12 months. Extention anyone? :lol:

We could still have the extension and all fit in the extended section.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 26 Sep 2009 20:23

The man allegedly responsible for first team management said:
We started well but didn't push on from that and control the game as I'd have liked. Watford are a good side, they did very well, they have good young players, that's why they have won games and you can see the confidence level they have.

Then wtf do we have?

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 26 Sep 2009 20:36

The last time I saw so much venom towards a manager was against Ian Branfoot and we didnt have the net then,wonder what we would have been saying about him on here if we did have it

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 26 Sep 2009 20:40

ankeny The last time I saw so much venom towards a manager was against Ian Branfoot and we didnt have the net then,wonder what we would have been saying about him on here if we did have it

Branfoot was tolerated because he got us promotion. The style of football was universally condemned. His treatment of Neil Smillie was attrocious. Can you imagine the meltdown regarding the rumours involving a football manager, general manager and a board room table? Allegedly???

That said, Branfoot would have been kicking arse big time if he was in charge and my old favourite John Hasleden would have had everyone doing 20 mile runs!

Kevin Doyles Right Foot

by Kevin Doyles Right Foot » 26 Sep 2009 21:22

Its alright, must be talking about someone else, our manager is Brendan Rodgers. Twat.

Fluff

by Fluff » 26 Sep 2009 21:29

Would SJM sack Rodgers? after paying Watford comp. i doubt it

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Sep 2009 21:42

minimum of 6 remaining and probably not a lot more unless he can get an unbeaten run or a win in that time.

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 26 Sep 2009 22:14

Probably till xmas but that is conditional on discontent not being openly and frequently expressed. If the crowd were to turn against the chairman then somone will be required to walk the plank to deflect criticism from SJM. Of course if somone like Boro or WBA were to rip the "group" a second arsehole (say 6 or 7 goals) then again things may change.

259 posts