No
34%

Total votes: 29
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Brendan - FFS Just End It...

by Royal Lady » 27 Sep 2009 10:48

John Peel Probably because we didn't realise we'd ever get the services of a class player like O'Dea (although he showed a slight chink yesterday - still think he and Fed were both culpable). And we've now got our captain back. So to me it's unimportant that Mills is on the bench. As soon as O'Dea heads back to Celtic, Mills be in there so it doesn't matter, does it.

Also, he was only just over 1m up front, 2m after add-ons.

Hmm, only just over a £1million up front - well that's ok then!!

Anyway, how is Mills expected to just takeover from O'Dea when his loan spell is up? By your own admission he's not as good a player as O'Dea, so we'll not be as strong in defence as a result - and even with a good player like O'Dea we're struggling, so heaven knows what sort results we'll be getting when O'Dea has gone. :|

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 27 Sep 2009 10:51

John Peel Probably because we didn't realise we'd ever get the services of a class player like O'Dea (although he showed a slight chink yesterday - still think he and Fed were both culpable). And we've now got our captain back. So to me it's unimportant that Mills is on the bench. As soon as O'Dea heads back to Celtic, Mills be in there so it doesn't matter, does it.

Are you sure about that, Pearce has been picked ahead of him so far?

It seems pretty obvious that our greater need was for a decent forward so why waste what little money we had on a centre half who now appears to "one for the future" which is Rodgers apologist speak for "not good enough to get a game".

Centre Half's are easier to pick up on loan and we had cover in Cisse anyway.

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 27 Sep 2009 11:22

gonesy
Royalee Rosenior's currently showing his worth on BBC2, Lita can't get a game for Boro, Harding's plying his trade in League 1. Coppell hardly left us a legacy, did he?

Lita can't get a game for a Middlesborough team in serious decline; Harper to Sheff U - they start losing! Rosenior to Ipswich - guarantees they stay below us in the league. Maybe that's the special one jr's masterplan. Now, send Matejovky to Plymouth/Barnsley and that's championship safety guaranteed! :lol:

On a positive did anyone see Sonko and Bikey on Motd last night. They were truly appalling and we got good money for them!!

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 27 Sep 2009 11:26

Oh money, good. How many points does Bikey's transfer fee buy us? And he has done well at Burnley since he moved.

I'll give you Sonko though. HuLOLOL.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 27 Sep 2009 12:09

cmonurz Oh money, good. How many points does Bikey's transfer fee buy us? And he has done well at Burnley since he moved.

I'll give you Sonko though. HuLOLOL.

Indeed. We here all this talk about how great it is that the club are getting great money for sold players...so what? If its not being invested back into the squad it means diddly squat to me. Just a token gesture would be nice though. The park and walk charge at £8 a shot is a bloody rip-off.

Ryn

Re: Rogers must go? (POLL)

by Ryn » 28 Sep 2009 10:27

And who's going to run the club after we've sacked Rodgers and are waiting for a new manager?

That may be quite some period of time.

:shock:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 28 Sep 2009 11:02

Maguire
Royal Lady SOMEONE explain to me why you'd pay £2million for a player (knowing full well that money is very tight) and yet you stick this player on the bench and don't even bring him on as a sub - in fact, was he even on the bench today?? And don't give me this rubbish about "he's one for the future" - we need players than can do a job now. Rodgers has hardly given him a chance, why the hell did he bother buying him??

How often do you bring a centre-back on as a sub? Seriously?

You're a spaz

I don't remember writing this but fully 'greed with Drunk Mags.

MadStadLad

by MadStadLad » 28 Sep 2009 11:17

The guy will become a Reading legend, convinced! Patience is needed!

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 28 Sep 2009 11:18

getting Rid of Rodgers now is not gonna do any good..

Getting a manager in who does not know the players and cannot bring in his own players until jan would be a negative move...

Rodgers needs to be given until at least Mid December then the club can look at possibly replacing him however by then I suspect that things will be different and Reading will be well up the table. Relegation isnt somthing that is decided in the first 10 league games certainly not in the championship anyway

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Sep 2009 19:43

Schards#2

Are you sure about that, Pearce has been picked ahead of him so far?

It seems pretty obvious that our greater need was for a decent forward so why waste what little money we had on a centre half who now appears to "one for the future" which is Rodgers apologist speak for "not good enough to get a game".

Centre Half's are easier to pick up on loan and we had cover in Cisse anyway.

There is no way any sane manager would play Ivar and Pearce without being forced to surely!
Zero pace there.

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 03 Oct 2009 22:06

i will give him the next 5 games he would have to win at least 2, and the performance need to in prove

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Oct 2009 22:09

I like my Saturdays being ruined. It makes me glad to appreciate the finer things in life. The longer it goes like this the more likely it is that I will walk away at the end of the season.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 03 Oct 2009 22:11

We're nearly a third of the way through the season. If there is no improvement by mid-December then I would seriously consider a change to give any new appointment the time to supplement the squad in January.

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 03 Oct 2009 22:13

handbags_harris We're nearly a third of the way through the season. If there is no improvement by mid-December then I would seriously consider a change to give any new appointment the time to supplement the squad in January.

I disagree. I think Rodgers deserves the January window to ensure he's properly had a chance. It's down to the board to not be cowards and let Rodgers be an expensive scapegoat, they can stump up a few million for him to prove himself.

High risk, high reward please.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 03 Oct 2009 22:17

It's not just the manager who should carry the can for this disgraceful debacle...................the ass of an owner is the man who should take the bullet, he has sold the first team and given BR peanuts to try and create something from the ashes that are left, he has no interest in this club, for him he has got, personally, what he wanted now it's time to let it all fall down.................. only this time not brick-by-brick

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 20 Oct 2009 23:57

2 voted no, ..................witch hunt find them.......infidels.............

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 21 Oct 2009 00:03

Just seen the result....

ROGERS OUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!

417 posts