Back from the game - Watford (h)

193 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game - Watford (h)

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Sep 2009 19:38

John Madejski's Wallet
LoyalRoyalFan The people around me booed, myself included.

Bit of a tw*t then aren't we?

I'm entitled to boo. To be fair, I have been supported Rodgers so far.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Sep 2009 19:48

Anyone who went to P'boro will know Watford was not a performance worthy of a booing.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 27 Sep 2009 20:06

and anyone that went to swansea

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Sep 2009 22:14

winchester_royal
West Stand Flash
winchester_royal Howard is in the team because he is a techninally decent player who is looking to go forward everytime he is on the ball.

Struggled yesterday because he was asked to play in an unfamilar defensive position.

Can I ask what he has done since he's been at the club, apart from give away possession on numerous occasions & look VERY slow?

Admittedly he hasn't done much yet, but I have been fairly impressed with what I've seen.

What utter bollocks!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Sep 2009 22:17

Bucks Dave Confidence.

Rodgers and I seem to be at odds on this. Rodgers said that it is a sign of our confidence that we go one up and then relax. Where on earth does that confidence come from?

Anyone remember Tommy Burns and the way we sat back after taking the lead? How many times did we concede late goals? It almost became a standing joke that if we scored first we would not win. What is so different now? Why can't you all see where the club is heading?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Sep 2009 22:27

winchester_royal
Ian Royal Cummings - good signing
Mills - good signing
O'Dea - excellent loan signing
Bertrand - good loan signing
McAnuff - good signing
Howard - poor signing
Rasiak - poor signing

Not bad. Bit of a defensive theme going on there. Shame our major problems have been in attack the last year or two. :roll:

On the basis of yesterday you can't honestly say Ras is a bad signing.

Shat all over Twatford's defense in the first half.

But scored only one goal and then spent the second half climbing all over their defence!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Sep 2009 22:31

winchester_royal
Mills - good signing
McAnuff - good signing
Howard - poor signing
Rasiak - poor signing

Not bad. Bit of a defensive theme going on there. Shame our major problems have been in attack the last year or two. :roll:

I'm not basing it on one performance against Watford though, but on several games. And he was much much better against Watford. He even looked semi-decent for the first 20 minutes. But in general he's been poor and about as threatening as a sponge.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 27 Sep 2009 22:35

LoyalRoyalFan The people around me booed, myself included.

OK, try this............

Go and stand in front of a mirror now and boo. What do you see? Yes, that's right, a moron. Seriously, booing makes you look infantile and idiotic. Use your energy to write a strongly worded letter to the Evening Post instead.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 27 Sep 2009 22:43

Like I said in another thread, I'm glad I renewed my season ticket. For all the shit that goes on before and after games, it's nice to just sit there with your mates and watch a game of football.

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 27 Sep 2009 23:03

Ian Royal
ZacNaloen Watford fans were terrible and celebrated a draw as if they'd just beat us 6-0. I won't be taking them seriously if you don't mind.

They were acting like they'd won a cup final on the way home as well. Bit pathetic really.

Only to wind your fans up about Rodgers (personally I am quite glad you didn't react)...bet they wouldn't try acting big at West Ham/Millwal post match!

Anyone else had been manager or at another club they'd probably be moaning we only drew or sat back after scoring etc.

Also won't have been 3,500 or whatever as Dirk quite rightly in all fairness pointed out.

I didn't hear a lot of booing (probably just frustration..) considering the bad home run your having.
Last edited by Super_horns on 27 Sep 2009 23:16, edited 3 times in total.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 27 Sep 2009 23:04

Super_horns
Ian Royal
ZacNaloen Watford fans were terrible and celebrated a draw as if they'd just beat us 6-0. I won't be taking them seriously if you don't mind.

They were acting like they'd won a cup final on the way home as well. Bit pathetic really.

Only to wind your fans up about Rodgers.

Anyone else had been manager there'd probably only be about 800 of them.

Corrected for you :wink:

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 28 Sep 2009 04:46

Ian Royal
winchester_royal
Mills - good signing
McAnuff - good signing
Howard - poor signing
Rasiak - poor signing

I'm not basing it on one performance against Watford though, but on several games. And he was much much better against Watford. He even looked semi-decent for the first 20 minutes. But in general he's been poor and about as threatening as a sponge.

cummings and mills good signings jesus I hope so but i wouldnt bet on it

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 28 Sep 2009 11:20

Stayed off HNA this weekend couldn't deal with the deppresing affirmation of our shite streak.

That being sid a few thoughts...

Defence looks solid, can't remember too many examples of Watford splitting us and we defended corners fairly well. Their goal didn't look great on O'Dea/Fed but it happens.

Midfield looked very lightweight, Howard went AWOL and Kebe.... well Kebe is.... he's just... anyway, McAnuff looked good but tired quite quickly I liked the fact he wasn't afraid to cut in and shoot either.

Rasiak did what he was there for, won headers and scored a goal, yes he doesn't contribute that much to the general team in a Doyle style, but he gets efforts on goals and that's what he's paid for.

Pretty fooked off that Marek was out of the 18 and didn't understand why we brought on Bryn so early in the second half, we should be going to attack not shore up a 1-0 lead :/ I know getting results is vital right now but a little bit of ambition doesn't go amiss.

The fans were in good voice first half, but as soon as Watford scored it felt like a wake. It really is a soul destroying experience when you are sat there and you know that you won't win the game even with 25 minutes+added left.

I'm one of the 'RTG' brigade but Rodgers got this one wrong. He should have gone 4-4-2 at halftime and gone in for the kill. ESPECIALLY when Kebe was creating nothing and McAnuff was tired.

I really hope Hunt or to a lesser extent Church/HRK/Antonio actually get a start the next time we play the 4-2-3-1 as I'm sorry Jimmy Kebe you just aren't consistant enough for this team. I've no doubt you have ability but I'd much rather have a young player who hasn't had many games, or giving Hunt the chance to adopt a new position then the same old shite we've put up with since you joined :(

Overall feeling rather sombre this week. I still think BR is the right man and that we'll be safe, it's more the fact that im struggling to see the plan at this stage. I can't name our 'best XI' and I couldn't describe the system we play to people right now :|

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 28 Sep 2009 12:40

Spot on Wimb. There isn't a 'best XI' because for all the options Rodgers has, they're all fairly average. The loanees are decent, Karacan could be good, McAnuff had a good 1st half ... but the best manager in the world is not going to improve Cummings' touch or make Rasiak world class or make Kebe even championship class.

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 28 Sep 2009 12:42

winchester_royal
West Stand Flash
winchester_royal Howard is in the team because he is a techninally decent player who is looking to go forward everytime he is on the ball.

Struggled yesterday because he was asked to play in an unfamilar defensive position.

Can I ask what he has done since he's been at the club, apart from give away possession on numerous occasions & look VERY slow?

Admittedly he hasn't done much yet, but I have been fairly impressed with what I've seen.

Think how good he could look if he wasn't such a fat c*nt.

There's no excuse for a professional footballer that overweight.

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 28 Sep 2009 12:46

There was so much wrong with Saturday, but the one that really troubles me is a formation involving only one centre forward.

While everything else may improve with familiarity and switching out a few players, I just don’t think we have a single forward capable of playing on their own up front. That requires a class of striker we simply don't possess.

If we insist on lining up 4-3-3, then I’m very pessimistic about our potential for improvement.

dynamo380

by dynamo380 » 28 Sep 2009 12:51

Definately 2 points dropped from a Watford perspective. Except for the first 10 minutes Reading werent in the game really. Good job we bought so many fans in the end, otherwise there wouldnt have been any sort of atmosphere in the ground. The home support was one of the worst ive seen in recent years and the only reason the booing at the end was so muted was because most of u have fecked off home 15 minutes previous. Which is odd, considering all u happy clappers on here thought it was a 3pt home banker lol

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 28 Sep 2009 12:56

dynamo380 Definately 2 points dropped from a Watford perspective. Except for the first 10 minutes Reading werent in the game really. Good job we bought so many fans in the end, otherwise there wouldnt have been any sort of atmosphere in the ground. The home support was one of the worst ive seen in recent years and the only reason the booing at the end was so muted was because most of u have fecked off home 15 minutes previous. Which is odd, considering all u happy clappers on here thought it was a 3pt home banker lol

Yep, after 12 home games without a win, we all thought it was a home banker :roll:

Given what we've had to suffer since January, I think our fans have responded pretty well. Others would be protesting outside or walking out before half time by now.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 28 Sep 2009 12:56

dynamo380 Definately 2 points dropped from a Watford perspective. Except for the first 10 minutes Reading werent in the game really. Good job we bought so many fans in the end, otherwise there wouldnt have been any sort of atmosphere in the ground. The home support was one of the worst ive seen in recent years and the only reason the booing at the end was so muted was because most of u have fecked off home 15 minutes previous. Which is odd, considering all u happy clappers on here thought it was a 3pt home banker lol

Tip to the Wind up merchant, it helps to know what you are talking about. Easier to actually upset people then.

We have a prediction thread on page 3, most people figured draw or loss.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Sep 2009 13:03

Ideal BBC says Watford had 55% possession. Other sources has it as high as 59%.
And here I was, thinking we were the home team??

Even at the top of our game a couple of years ago, we very very rarely had the higher possession stats.

193 posts