Reading vs Boro Match Thread

Fezza

Re: Reading vs Boro Match Thread

by Fezza » 03 Oct 2009 17:38

The fact that he tried to make Jobi, Jem, Gunnar and Howard into the midfield 4 in the second half shows how dire he is. Width on only one side is far to easy to deal with.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 03 Oct 2009 17:49

So Kebe is better than Henry is he?

Henry scores more goals in one game than Kebe has in his whole RFC career.

The Rodgers Revolution!!! Bring it on! :roll:

gav2085

by gav2085 » 03 Oct 2009 17:53

Alivey it's time to use the words as I fear the air in the forum people are too afraid to mention it... relegation battle. :!:

i agree, is it all br's fault? i know the tactics wern't good which were his fault but the players were absoloutly appaling! what do you change? what about playing the reserves next game?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Oct 2009 19:09

gav2085
Alivey it's time to use the words as I fear the air in the forum people are too afraid to mention it... relegation battle. :!:

i agree, is it all br's fault? i know the tactics wern't good which were his fault but the players were absoloutly appaling! what do you change? what about playing the reserves next game?

Get sodding Madejski, Wood-Smith and Hammond out on the pitch! Then they might realise they've cut a bit too much cloth!

BTW, we've been fielding the reserves for the whole of this season!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 04 Oct 2009 11:24

Did anyone honestly think We would do well this season? You've got to remember it's a transitional period. Things won't happen over night. If we stay in the division that will be a succesful season.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 04 Oct 2009 11:48

It would depend when I was asked. If it was before the season started, I would say that I did expect us to do well. Yes we had lost Doyle, Doobs, Hunt, and Hahneman, but we had a new manager who I would have expected to replace them with reasonable players. I would not have been expecting to see Bikey, Rosenior, and Harper go. I also didn't realise how badly injured Armstrong was.

Something was wrong with the team after Christmas last year, and I would have expected a new manager to address that. That's exactly why Coppell left, to bring fresh eyes to players who were known to be capable of doing well in this league. After August, I had adjusted my sights to a good mid-table finish, which in the circumstances of what was becoming an over-transition (transition should be gradual), I would have regarded as a success and a prologue to a challenge for promotion next year. Now my idea of success is surviving relegation. :( Don't tell me that was Rodgers's brief (Madejski's idea of cost-cutting clearly never included relegation, which would be financially disastrous).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Oct 2009 12:48

strap
Ian Royal So 4-4-2 working so much better for us this half...

4-5-1 - 11 shots
4-4-2 - 1 shot

:wink:

Ian - why did BBRB then say that our first shot on target was in the 90th minute from NHunt?!?

Sorry 4-5-1 at home is a total nonsense. Manager scared of losing.

In fact 4-2-3-1 is even MORE defensive than 4-5-1. 2 holding midfielders protecting the back four FFS!?!?!?

The playerts haven;t a clue what they are supposed to be doing. This is Bullivant and Burns all over again. Were you around in those days? It was DIRE!!!

Yes I was there strap, and I can only use the stats I see reported. I can't get BBCRB in Cambridge Reading Player had those shots listed at some point about midway through the second half. It had 5 shots on target first half.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Oct 2009 12:48

strap So Kebe is better than Henry is he?

Same number of goals.

At a lower level, in one game, when he has done nothing otherwise. Kebe has won us two matches.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 04 Oct 2009 13:03

Ian Royal
strap So Kebe is better than Henry is he?

Same number of goals.

At a lower level, in one game, when he has done nothing otherwise. Kebe has won us two matches.

also against league1 whipping boys Tranmere..this forum is occupied by total dickeads sometimes..Henry will never make the grade in this league, he is playing to his max level now in a league lower, thats why IMO we are struggling now, a few of our players did well out on loan in inferior leagues and it gave our management a false impression of them.

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 04 Oct 2009 13:03

facaldaqui It would depend when I was asked. If it was before the season started, I would say that I did expect us to do well. Yes we had lost Doyle, Doobs, Hunt, and Hahneman, but we had a new manager who I would have expected to replace them with reasonable players. I would not have been expecting to see Bikey, Rosenior, and Harper go. I also didn't realise how badly injured Armstrong was.

Something was wrong with the team after Christmas last year, and I would have expected a new manager to address that. That's exactly why Coppell left, to bring fresh eyes to players who were known to be capable of doing well in this league. After August, I had adjusted my sights to a good mid-table finish, which in the circumstances of what was becoming an over-transition (transition should be gradual), I would have regarded as a success and a prologue to a challenge for promotion next year. Now my idea of success is surviving relegation. :( Don't tell me that was Rodgers's brief (Madejski's idea of cost-cutting clearly never included relegation, which would be financially disastrous).

and thats what most of the 11,000 season ticket holders think. if we carry on like this that could drop to 6,000- 7,000
why should we pay one of the highest prices to watch s**t

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 04 Oct 2009 13:08

adamh4608
facaldaqui It would depend when I was asked. If it was before the season started, I would say that I did expect us to do well. Yes we had lost Doyle, Doobs, Hunt, and Hahneman, but we had a new manager who I would have expected to replace them with reasonable players. I would not have been expecting to see Bikey, Rosenior, and Harper go. I also didn't realise how badly injured Armstrong was.

and thats what most of the 11,000 season ticket holders think. if we carry on like this that could drop to 6,000- 7,000
why should we pay one of the highest prices to watch s**t

because brendan todger says there is potential to be world class