Total votes: 225
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Are we going down?

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 04 Oct 2009 13:35

Ian Royal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Fickle Fans?

Hardly.

Anyother club would have been ripping up the seats in the directors box by now. Club I worked for had fans on the pitch calling for the managers head the season we got promoted to the Premiership. Reading have the most apathetic fans in football and that's not a good thing.

It has been beyoned dire for nearly a year, would like to see the stats but I doubt any other side has picked up less points at home in the last 10 months.

Rodgers has got it badly wrong. He's not half the coach he thinks he is and the players are not half as good as he thinks they are.

As Ian says he needs to go back to basics, realises his shortcomings as well as his players. Get senior players like Tabb back in the team, try and loan some been there done that players and just keep us up this season.

We can look at things in the summer. The summer is the time to get rid of Rodgers if that's what they want to do. Rodgers has got us in this mess, he's the only person who can get us out.

Yeah, but he won't do any of that, which means he'll take us down, which means we need to get shot unless a miracle occurs in the next 5 games.

I'd be tempted to cut our loses too. Maybe sell some of the youngsters for inflated prices (I reckon we'd got £3m for Church, Davies, Henry, Pearce) spend that money on players who can perform week in week out at this level.

We may have seen through the youngsters, but other clubs will take punts on them.

I know it's short term thinking, but we gotta do something.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 04 Oct 2009 13:43

FiNeRaIn
winchester_royal FickLOLe ROFLeading Fans

If anyone on here had been offered 3 points from the last 2 games you'd have been delighted.

Yes we were poor, but let's not forget we got a tough win at Preston just 4 days earlier. Gunnar was knackered, and for that reason we struggled a bit, but to say we're definitely going down just because of one poor performance is ludicrous.

All teams have off days, and that is not how we always play, so stop being such reactionary twats and grow up.

Please learn more about football before you post. You are coming across as an idiot.

Reading are ONE place above the RELEGATION zone - they are awful, have been performing poorly and things are going from bad to worse. Do you even go to games to see the crap we are putting up with? Our two wins this season have been complete and utter flukes, the pen at barnsley was a poor decision and preston hit the woodwork four times on tuesday with federiici made a wonder save. Don't come on here ant starting patronising being about being " fickle" when a club that finished 4th last season is now 21st and win less at home under rodgers. You can no longer pull this " only a few games" bollox, there are teams on 24 points, - we are on 10 after 11 games. That's piss poor, plain and simple.
Your logic of gunnar being tired as an excuse for the defeat is astonishing, absolutely astonishing. Has anyone got a picture of someone clutching at straws?

FFS. Gunnar was just an example of how the Preston game affected player fatigue.

The Win at Barnsley was deserved. Preston maybe less so but we still oxf*rd all over them first half.

And my fickle comment was referring to how this board can go from being positive after a win to tediously negative after a loss against one of the best teams in the division.

No-one is happy with the current circumstance, and yesterday was the worst performance of the season, but that's the nature of our home form ATM. Personally I'm looking forward to a couple of good away games at QPR and WBA, and it wouldn't suprise me at all if we got 4 points out of the next 6.

All I'm saying is be a little more positive.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Oct 2009 14:13

AF1 hope so tbh, get rid of the last of the JLCs and some of the cocks on here wiv any luck
No doubt the enevitable rise in ticket prices to fill the void in revenue will get rid of many too.

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 04 Oct 2009 14:29

until yesterday i was hopefull that the positives would come through. but our mid field is weaker than ever, our back four (particularly our full backs) just look so weak and constantly out of position. and our strike force (if they do ever manage to wonder into the 18 yard box) are so starved of supply its unreal.
the team is leader less and clueless, i dont think the players lack the skill but they certainly lack the unity and the leadership. the appathy of the chairman has spread down through the club and now rodgers is left up a creek with not only no paddle, but the boat is fast disintergrating too!

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 04 Oct 2009 14:36

winchester_royal
FiNeRaIn
winchester_royal FickLOLe ROFLeading Fans

If anyone on here had been offered 3 points from the last 2 games you'd have been delighted.

Yes we were poor, but let's not forget we got a tough win at Preston just 4 days earlier. Gunnar was knackered, and for that reason we struggled a bit, but to say we're definitely going down just because of one poor performance is ludicrous.

All teams have off days, and that is not how we always play, so stop being such reactionary twats and grow up.

Please learn more about football before you post. You are coming across as an idiot.

Reading are ONE place above the RELEGATION zone - they are awful, have been performing poorly and things are going from bad to worse. Do you even go to games to see the crap we are putting up with? Our two wins this season have been complete and utter flukes, the pen at barnsley was a poor decision and preston hit the woodwork four times on tuesday with federiici made a wonder save. Don't come on here ant starting patronising being about being " fickle" when a club that finished 4th last season is now 21st and win less at home under rodgers. You can no longer pull this " only a few games" bollox, there are teams on 24 points, - we are on 10 after 11 games. That's piss poor, plain and simple.
Your logic of gunnar being tired as an excuse for the defeat is astonishing, absolutely astonishing. Has anyone got a picture of someone clutching at straws?

FFS. Gunnar was just an example of how the Preston game affected player fatigue.

The Win at Barnsley was deserved. Preston maybe less so but we still oxf*rd all over them first half.

And my fickle comment was referring to how this board can go from being positive after a win to tediously negative after a loss against one of the best teams in the division.

No-one is happy with the current circumstance, and yesterday was the worst performance of the season, but that's the nature of our home form ATM. Personally I'm looking forward to a couple of good away games at QPR and WBA, and it wouldn't suprise me at all if we got 4 points out of the next 6.

All we are saying is be alot more REALISTIC.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Oct 2009 14:48

winchester_royal Personally I'm looking forward to a couple of good away games at QPR and WBA, and it wouldn't suprise me at all if we got 4 points out of the next 6.

4 points from the next 6 sees us on 14 from 17 games. That is actually worse form than we've shown so far. There is simply nothing to be positive about whilst Rodgers is in charge at the moment.

Even our wins are very less than impressive. Our draws are poor performances. We've been beaten 5 times in the league this season and none of them have been unlucky. In fact we've really been quite lucky to draw against Forest, Watford and beat Preston at least.

We're a shambles. We've got good players for this level. Not great ones, no chance of play offs, but we shouldn't be where we are and it's the manager's performance that is causing most of the problems.

frimmers

by frimmers » 04 Oct 2009 14:50

see you all at the eeb next season:)

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 04 Oct 2009 14:58

Ian Royal
winchester_royal Personally I'm looking forward to a couple of good away games at QPR and WBA, and it wouldn't suprise me at all if we got 4 points out of the next 6.

4 points from the next 6 sees us on 14 from 17 games. That is actually worse form than we've shown so far. There is simply nothing to be positive about whilst Rodgers is in charge at the moment.

Even our wins are very less than impressive. Our draws are poor performances. We've been beaten 5 times in the league this season and none of them have been unlucky. In fact we've really been quite lucky to draw against Forest, Watford and beat Preston at least.

We're a shambles. We've got good players for this level. Not great ones, no chance of play offs, but we shouldn't be where we are and it's the manager's performance that is causing most of the problems.

Disagree Ian. We were good at Preston. Put on your RTGs.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Oct 2009 15:01

For one half, and then had to be saved by the woodwork or Feds about 5 times.

A team that can only perform once every three or four games, and only for 45 minutes, will be relegated. It's pretty simple really.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 04 Oct 2009 15:09

Ian Royal For one half, and then had to be saved by the woodwork or Feds about 5 times.

A team that can only perform once every three or four games, and only for 45 minutes, will be relegated. It's pretty simple really.

We were good until the 65th minute. And even towards the end we broke away sometimes.

The facts are that we are good away and terrible at home.

As I have said 30 times over the last day or so we need to sort out the home form.

It's quite obvious that people who only see home games (and that's quite a few of you lot) have a negative attitude about the way things are going.

I saw shoots of rebirth on Tuesday,I don't want Rodgers to throw what he had then in the bin because of this loss.

Let him focus on the home form. We have to get it right. If we don't by xmas then I think he should go. If he does then I'm perfectly happy with what Rodgers is bringing to the table.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Oct 2009 15:19

We've seen signs of promise several times. They are then followed by increasingly poor performances. The fact remains we haven't put in a single performance this season that has lasted all game.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Oct 2009 15:36

We seem to be lurching one step forwards then three steps backwards game on game. We have not put in a full 90 minutes anywhere. A few good spells here and there does not instill confidence either among players or supporters.

Forest - we were ok and unfortunate not to win - 1 step forward
Skunks - outplayed and outclassed - 3 steps backwards
Swansea - Fed inspired point - 1 step forward?
Sheff Utd - Good first half but an inspirational team talk by BWM does the trick - 3 steps backwards
Barnsley - Who saw that win coming? 1 step forwards
Donny - Could and should have won? 1 step forwards
Cardiff - Probably our best performance over 90 mins but didnt do enough - 3 steps backwards
Peterbro - 3 steps backwards after another inspirational half time team talk by BWM
Watford - did nothing after we took the lead. 3 steps backwards
Preston - Stunned! Could so easily have been a hammering though - 1 step forwards
Boro - Nuff said - 3 steps backwards

Quite frankly, a basic inability to build on any progress made on a game to game basis. This is the sign of a team heading into a relegation battle. How long will it be before we start referring to games as "must wins"?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 04 Oct 2009 15:37

LOL archie - we were lucky at preston, take it you haven't seen the highlights? woodwork.hit.four.times. :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Oct 2009 16:50

From the games I was at my view would be:

Forest - signs of promise that would take some time to develop, game could easily have gone either way, but we should have won. We just simply didn't try to for half the game. Lucky Fed pulled off a blinding save late on.
Neither a forward step or a backward one, a resetting of stance.

Donny - abandoned the passing promise of Forest, to attempt to win the game. signs the manager doesn't know what he's doing in the use of players. No cutting edge still, but at least we tried to win.
A shift of feet rather than a forward or backward step. Right foot was forward with left back. Now it's the other way round, but without having moved.

Peterborough - woeful formation that lost us the game. Signs the players don't have the discipline they should and the manager doesn't know how to get the team scoring without leaving us hideously open. Or make changes during the game successfully
One oxf*rd off leap backwards.

Watford - at last, it seemed Rodgers had got it working. At least partly. Until the second half when he made a stupid change, gifted Watford the initiative and was lucky we didn't lose the match.
A slight shuffle forward, not really a step.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Oct 2009 17:09

Ian Royal From the games I was at my view would be:

Forest - signs of promise that would take some time to develop, game could easily have gone either way, but we should have won. We just simply didn't try to for half the game. Lucky Fed pulled off a blinding save late on.
Neither a forward step or a backward one, a resetting of stance.

Donny - abandoned the passing promise of Forest, to attempt to win the game. signs the manager doesn't know what he's doing in the use of players. No cutting edge still, but at least we tried to win.
A shift of feet rather than a forward or backward step. Right foot was forward with left back. Now it's the other way round, but without having moved.

Peterborough - woeful formation that lost us the game. Signs the players don't have the discipline they should and the manager doesn't know how to get the team scoring without leaving us hideously open. Or make changes during the game successfully
One oxf*rd off leap backwards.

Watford - at last, it seemed Rodgers had got it working. At least partly. Until the second half when he made a stupid change, gifted Watford the initiative and was lucky we didn't lose the match.
A slight shuffle forward, not really a step.

Didn't you go yesterday Ian?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Oct 2009 17:45

No, which is why most of my posts have been about our performance as a whole this season, not about that individual game.

I'm still oxf*rd fuming about it though.

136 posts