Egg Chasers email

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

Egg Chasers email

by SWLR » 14 Oct 2009 16:45

Anyone else received an email from 'Bob Casey London Irish' in a similar form to the regular Reading FC missives.
I don't remeber ticking the box saying I allow my details to be shared with the blood-letting egg-chasers.

Spam has been reported. :twisted:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Egg Chasers email

by TFF » 14 Oct 2009 16:51

I got this too - I've never shared my email address with London Irish. Looks like someone at RFC is playing a bit fast and loose with my data.

STAR?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 14 Oct 2009 16:56

Yes, I got this shit too and I wasn't too happy about those people spamming my email inbox. I simply went and unsubscribed myself from their mailing list. If I do get another one from those london scum, I will be making a complaint to somebody.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Oct 2009 18:22

Thaumagurist* Yes, I got this shit too and I wasn't too happy about those people spamming my email inbox. I simply went and unsubscribed myself from their mailing list. If I do get another one from those london scum, I will be making a complaint to somebody.

I deal with people like you all the time sadly.

No one gives a shit about your complaint.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 14 Oct 2009 18:28

Thaumagurist* Yes, I got this shit too and I wasn't too happy about those people spamming my email inbox. I simply went and unsubscribed myself from their mailing list. If I do get another one from those london scum, I will be making a complaint to somebody.

What a sad little man you, and all other like you are. Do you write to all the takeways that post shit menus through your door too. Press a button, delete the email and then get a life.

By the way, well done Irish over the weekend, great win, keep it up.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Oct 2009 20:08

londinium

What a sad little man you, and all other like you are. Do you write to all the takeways that post shit menus through your door too.

No, I collect up all the sh*tty little leaflets that come through my door and when I've got a whole load, post them back through the takeway's door! :wink:

More seriously, I suspect RFC are breaking data protection and/or other regulations in passing on contact details without permission.

I guess poetic justice would be if their email address either ends up in the hands of spammers or registered as a spammer on the security databases!

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 14 Oct 2009 20:27

Personally I think I will pop along sometime soon. It will be a change to cheer points/goals whatever they score.

I remember smiling and happiness watching the Royals not to many years ago!

Having thought about it more deeply I can now confirm that it was probably no more than a little wind!

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 14 Oct 2009 20:53

Would recommend someof you to advance in years slightly and get along to a LI game. They are currently playing some great rugby and there are some real parallels with our 2005-6 team in that they are a real team - no mega stars but a brilliant combination.

Put aside your prejudices and go watch som emore top class sport at our stadium !

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Oct 2009 22:19

Considering that recognised Reading supporters have received an e-mail from LI is quite clever on their part. They know fir sure that the quality of football this season is laughable. Why not e-mail the supporters and inform them of what the Irish are about? After all, most football fans do actually like other sports. So if say 10% of them buy a ticket for a game that will be quite a coup. Who knows, if they enjoy the rugby they may go again.

Personally, I don't like LI. I have been to games in the past but they make me feel like a foreigner in my own country.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Oct 2009 22:21

Sun Tzu Would recommend someof you to advance in years slightly and get along to a LI game. They are currently playing some great rugby and there are some real parallels with our 2005-6 team in that they are a real team - no mega stars but a brilliant combination.

Put aside your prejudices and go watch som emore top class sport at our stadium !
PLASTIC :wink:

Where were you when it was Richmond wearing the hoops of the Premier League at The Madstad?

Personally, I struggle with the OIRISH thang....I've been to about 20 matches over the years...and still just can't dig it

STAR Voice

by STAR Voice » 14 Oct 2009 23:01

That Friday Feeling I got this too - I've never shared my email address with London Irish. Looks like someone at RFC is playing a bit fast and loose with my data.

STAR?

Categorically not, no. May just be a cock-up - the London Irish CRM system is the same as the RFC CRM system, so I'd not be too surprised if someone just selected the wrong mailing list name.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Oct 2009 23:04

STAR Campaigns
That Friday Feeling I got this too - I've never shared my email address with London Irish. Looks like someone at RFC is playing a bit fast and loose with my data.

STAR?

Categorically not, no. May just be a cock-up - the London Irish CRM system is the same as the RFC CRM system, so I'd not be too surprised if someone just selected the wrong mailing list name.
....and if only, 99.9% of all Heathrow landings were successful...imagine the impact?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 14 Oct 2009 23:08

AthleticoSpizz
STAR Campaigns

STAR?

....and if only, 99.9% of all Heathrow landings were successful...imagine the impact?

Yes, but the impact there is slightly more substantial than people getting an extra e-mail - if would take someone quite small-minded to make a really big issue out of something so trivial - and air traffic controllers and pilots are considerably better paid than people at RFC.

The cutbacks don't just apply to the playing side, you know ..... and have you never made a mistake in your job?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Oct 2009 23:10

oh dear :roll:

are we really having to go back to putting winky smilies after everything to "denote sarcasm"?
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 14 Oct 2009 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Oct 2009 23:20

RoyalBlue
londinium

What a sad little man you, and all other like you are. Do you write to all the takeways that post shit menus through your door too.

No, I collect up all the sh*tty little leaflets that come through my door and when I've got a whole load, post them back through the takeway's door! :wink:

More seriously, I suspect RFC are breaking data protection and/or other regulations in passing on contact details without permission.

I guess poetic justice would be if their email address either ends up in the hands of spammers or registered as a spammer on the security databases!

I very much doubt it. Most people have very little understanding of what the Data Protection Laws mean in my experience.

I suspect the emails probably come from the company owning the publicity rights for events at the stadium and are advertising accordingly. Thus not having to pass details to anyone. It would be pretty mickey mouse to break DP laws.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 14 Oct 2009 23:37

STAR Campaigns

STAR?

Not suggesting you should kick up a massive stink about it but mistake or otherwise information held about me appears to have been shared without my permission. I'd like to think that it might at least warrant a mention at the monthly management meeting that STAR sit on - even if it's just to hear the RFC explanation.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Oct 2009 23:43

Hysterical overreaction here (and for Dirkers a) :wink:

Its just an e-mail

Its just a game of rugby...no need to forward your date of birth, credit card details, mothers maiden name etc etc

I suspect many never read the lengthy T's and C's when they enlisted the same way as some ticked the box and some didn't.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 15 Oct 2009 07:47

As we have a no leaflets sign on door we sadly put in an envelope with no stamp, mark ATT of Accounts and hope they pay £1 to take the mail.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 15 Oct 2009 10:06

That Friday Feeling
STAR Campaigns

STAR?

Not suggesting you should kick up a massive stink about it but mistake or otherwise information held about me appears to have been shared without my permission. I'd like to think that it might at least warrant a mention at the monthly management meeting that STAR sit on - even if it's just to hear the RFC explanation.

ditto

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 15 Oct 2009 10:14

That Friday Feeling
STAR Campaigns

STAR?

Seems fair, if it was an error then a quick apology would be in order. Interesting that I'm an RFC customer and a LI customer and I only got one email so it would appear it didn't go to LI people unless they were clever and deduped the data. If they did do that it would imply they targetted RFC people deliberately or it was a cock up as Dirk suggested... From the nature of the email I can;t see it was written with RFC fans as it's intended audience, it definitely reads as something aimed at existing LI fans so I'd go with the cock up theory...