Tesco Vs Waitrose Match Thread

227 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Tesco Vs Waitrose Match Thread

by FiNeRaIn » 17 Oct 2009 17:05

Royalee
He's the reason we're in this f*cking mess having screwed up the only chance we had whilst we still had some half decent players left, I hope he rots.

How could someone be so dumb? you never cease to amaze me. You know absolutely nothing about football. Stop embarrassing yourself with your irrational and ill-thought out posts right after a defeats.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Oct 2009 17:06

RoyalBlue No point firing the manager when the man at the top wants out!

New manager gets 50p and a used bus ticket to rebuild in the next transfer window. Hapless Hammond wakes up just as the window slams shut again! :twisted:

Well Rodgers has had £3m and is taking us down.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 17 Oct 2009 17:06

Ian Royal Right, I'm giving Rodgers 1 more game, and if we lose that with more piss poor tactics, substitutions and team picking then I'm no longer willing to wait 'til he's had 15 games to make my mind up fully on him.

I still want to and believe in him so I'm personally going to give him till the next international break (4 games).

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 17 Oct 2009 17:06

79Royal I hate to turn on managers, but Rodgers has got to get this right within the next 3-6 games or he's out.

Bad mistakes, poor decisions, naive tactically, slow to react to obvious problems on the pitch, lack of team ethic, fitness issues, poor & inexperienced players.

Absolutely dire.

+1 Was happy to be patient and watch him build a team at first, but recently all signs of development and improvement have dried up. We're barely better than we were at the start of the season and I'm no longer the slightest bit convinced that Brendan is the right man to turn our season around. Were he humble enough to play a bit more of a direct system and drop his players such as Howard and Cummings maybe. As if that'll ever happen. He is his own god.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 17 Oct 2009 17:07

And get rid of that pip squeak Hammond ,he authorises new players

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Oct 2009 17:08

Royalee
79Royal
strap BR = wrong man, wrong place, wrong time.

Clueless, loud-mouthed, egotistical nerk.

Phone call to SSC Mr Mad. Otherwise you can kiss goodbye to what remains of your public adoration.

Would SSC really come back to this?

He's the reason we're in this f*cking mess having screwed up the only chance we had whilst we still had some half decent players left, I hope he rots.

How utterly pathetic!

Are you going to blame Coppell for evermore? What if RFC had been doing well this season? Would that have been down to Coppell then?

Coppell was always going to leave last season wherever we ended up - the current situation is down to BR and his book of tactics and JM and his cloth cutting.

Hogmeister Royal

by Hogmeister Royal » 17 Oct 2009 17:09

79Royal

Phone call to SSC Mr Mad. Otherwise you can kiss goodbye to what remains of your public adoration.

Never in a million years!

SSC did wonders with the players he had, was desperately close to keeping us up in the PL for a third year and then getting us back there at the first attempt. His true worth is unfortunately now there for all to see, in the way the club has plummetted since his departure.

Would he come back to this? Not... a.... chance.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2009 17:09

Ian Royal
rhroyal The only team we haven't matched away from home this season has been Newcastle and we've got much better since then. We all have different opinions, but we have 7 points from 5 away games so far. If we were good at home, we would be in a seriously strong position at the top.

In one half. We've been more battered by Peterborough and by the sounds of it Preston 2nd half than we did in matching them 1st half.

Great, we've matched all but one team for a bit of each away game! We're definitely staying up.

Feds keeping us in the game there. Just FYI all those blaming him.

BBCRB commentary:

'Federici makes a dodgy decision again - 3-1; Adam Federici what are you doing?'

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 17 Oct 2009 17:10

rhroyal
79Royal I hate to turn on managers, but Rodgers has got to get this right within the next 3-6 games or he's out.

Bad mistakes, poor decisions, naive tactically, slow to react to obvious problems on the pitch, lack of team ethic, fitness issues, poor & inexperienced players.

Absolutely dire.

+1 Was happy to be patient and watch him build a team at first, but recently all signs of development and improvement have dried up. We're barely better than we were at the start of the season and I'm no longer the slightest bit convinced that Brendan is the right man to turn our season around. Were he humble enough to play a bit more of a direct system and drop his players such as Howard and Cummings maybe. As if that'll ever happen. He is his own god.

The thing that worries me is that we actually might have got worse since the start of the season. Personally I would have much rather seen the youngsters given more time to prove themselves. Is Howard better than Davies? Very questionable. Is McAnuff better than Henry or Robson-Kanu? Probably. Is Rasiak better than Mooney? Debatable.

Oh well as I said 4 more games for me before I start to get really gloomy.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 17 Oct 2009 17:11

Royal Lady
Royalee
79Royal

How utterly pathetic!

Are you going to blame Coppell for evermore? What if RFC had been doing well this season? Would that have been down to Coppell then?

Coppell was always going to leave last season wherever we ended up - the current situation is down to BR and his book of tactics and JM and his cloth cutting.

BR has spent plenty though. JM is maybe to blame - BR is DEFINITELY to blame.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Oct 2009 17:11

Federici pulled off countless great saves and RW had him in great form and the reason we didn't conceed 6 or 7.

You keep blaming the keeper for us losing though. He's the only one keeping us vaguely competitive second half.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Oct 2009 17:12

Oh yes - If I'm apportioning blame, it's Rodgers at number 1 spot, followed by JM at no 2 - there's just NO WAY any sane and rational person could blame Steve Coppell!

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 17 Oct 2009 17:12

Hogmeister Royal
79Royal

Never in a million years!

SSC did wonders with the players he had, was desperately close to keeping us up in the PL for a third year and then getting us back there at the first attempt. His true worth is unfortunately now there for all to see, in the way the club has plummetted since his departure.

Would he come back to this? Not... a.... chance.
To be fair Coppell went back to Palace when they were this bad on the pitch AND in administration and made himself more of a legend by keeping them up. Most ordinary managers would go back in the circumstances, but Coppell is not an ordinary manager. He develops loyalty and affection towards a football club and holds a lot of characteristics that are missing from the game.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 17 Oct 2009 17:13

off to try again
Last edited by Harpers So Solid Crew on 17 Oct 2009 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 17 Oct 2009 17:13

For me the buck stops well and truly with the prick of an owner, he has systematically destroyed everything that had been achieved over the past three seasons, he has no interest in the football side or football in general, he is an egotistical twat, and the sooner he cocks off the better, the man has become an embarrasment, with his inane statements.

He has no interest for the supporters he just likes to hailed the hero when things were going well, I cant believe that some on here till back him.

Bucks Dave

by Bucks Dave » 17 Oct 2009 17:14

Before we all blame Steve Coppell, Mr Mad and Steve Hammond, I see Malky Mackay has picked up another win for Watford today having had to see all his best players leave and manage on a transfer and wage budget this season a lot lower than ours. How about we sack Brendan and nick Malky?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Oct 2009 17:14

Bottom 5 starting to cut adrift from the rest of the championship.

It's a fricking miracle Plymouth and Ipswich are having starts bad enough to keep us out the bottom three.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 17 Oct 2009 17:16

Royal Lady Oh yes - If I'm apportioning blame, it's Rodgers at number 1 spot, followed by JM at no 2 - there's just NO WAY any sane and rational person could blame Steve Coppell!

Steve Coppell once said that the momentum from one last season is key to how a team start the next. As everyone knows the second half of last season was not good, there was a lot wrong with the team and we had no momentum. But at the moment Rodgers has not done a good job.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 17 Oct 2009 17:17

Royal Lady Oh yes - If I'm apportioning blame, it's Rodgers at number 1 spot, followed by JM at no 2 - there's just NO WAY any sane and rational person could blame Steve Coppell!

No blame on Coppell for this season, but JM at 2? I guess he has to be as he's the chairman, but I felt that the financial statement was fair enough and he still gave BR enough money to make better signings than he has. I guess JM splits opinions.

Anyway, QPR next, g'arn URZ!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Oct 2009 17:17

I was there at Elm Park

Steve Coppell once said that the momentum from one last season is key to how a team start the next. As everyone knows the second half of last season was not good, there was a lot wrong with the team and we had no momentum. But at the moment Rodgers has not done a good job.

The changes could have produced their own momentum though. But Rodgers seemed to do everything in his power to prevent us going into the season hard and building momentum there. We limped in whimpering and we're being punished for it.

227 posts