RODGERS OUT. END OF

467 posts
Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

Re: RODGERS OUT. END OF

by Platypuss » 20 Oct 2009 22:07

Royal Lady
Super Kevin Bremner! If he chooses to walk away then fair enough.

He should not however be sacked.

Why??

I can think of a few million reasons.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Oct 2009 22:08

Oh yes, I know about the compensation, I thought he was wanting to give him a chance! :oops:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 20 Oct 2009 22:12

Sack the oxf*rd lot of them. Chairman, Directors, DoF, Scouts, Coaches, Consultants, and the oxf*rd with the big watch.

Lets have Kingsley in charge. Could hardly do worse!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Oct 2009 22:13

I think Grham should put all our names in a hat and pick one out each game to be manager.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 20 Oct 2009 22:15

Royal Lady

Why??

Coppell was the best Manager in Reading history. Some suggested it was the end of the line for Coppell - he'd taken us as far as he could.

Rodgers inherited Coppell's failing squad.

He then lost the best players from that squad without any say in the matter.

Has had to work with the rest of that squad and try to make something out of it - attempting to have them play his formation first.

This hasn't worked so he's attempted to get them playing formations they are used to - but they have simply performed at the same level as they did in their last 15 or so games under the previous Manager (excluding the youngsters).

His 2 apparent failings to me seem to be the O'Dea signing and the Mills signing. Not that they're bad players, just that they haven't worked out yet.

We're largely men-against-boys when you see the squads in the Championship.

I think there's your answer RL. The squad isn't up to Championship football at the moment.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 20 Oct 2009 22:16

Super Kevin Bremner!
Royal Lady

Why??

Coppell was the best Manager in Reading history. Some suggested it was the end of the line for Coppell - he'd taken us as far as he could.

Has had to work with the rest of that squad and try to make something out of it - attempting to have them play his formation first.

This hasn't worked so he's attempted to get them playing formations they are used to - but they have simply performed at the same level as they did in their last 15 or so games under the previous Manager (excluding the youngsters).

His 2 apparent failings to me seem to be the O'Dea signing and the Mills signing. Not that they're bad players, just that they haven't worked out yet.

I think there's your answer RL. The squad isn't up to Championship football at the moment.

Good post. I'd give Rodgers at least one more game.

Fezza

by Fezza » 20 Oct 2009 22:17

Super Kevin Bremner!
Royal Lady

Why??

Cummings?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 20 Oct 2009 22:18

Super Kevin Bremner!
Royal Lady

Why??

Yet BR comes out with rhetoric, hyperbole and utter bollox about world class models and other claptrap which is just plain bonkers!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Oct 2009 22:18

But the players that remained are of (at least) championship quality. He brought in players from Watford (who are in the Championship and were last season also) - He brought the players in - the buck stops with him imo. Why did he bother buying/loaning them if they weren't up to it? You think Ingi, Marek, Gunnar, Tabb, Hunt etc aren't up to being in the championship??

Why isn't he playing Marek? I'll tell you why - he's a Coppell player - he's tried too hard to distance himself from Coppell and his style of play and his players - all to RFCs detriment I'm afraid.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Oct 2009 22:18

Royal Lady I think Grham should put all our names in a hat and pick one out each game to be manager.

I withdraw! I thought Rodgers was going to do a good job for us!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 20 Oct 2009 22:21

MeMeMe Dear Mr Mad,
I av played loads footy manager on the compooter, diffrint seesons to so i iz well up for it and haz loadsa expiriense.
And I aint gonna spend mush dosh, onest. Me bruv and uncle said dey cud play for twinty quid a day.

Wen duz I start ?

Mr Clue L Muppet

Chairman, I vote for ^

Thank you.

pooandwee

by pooandwee » 20 Oct 2009 22:22

Leicester is the biggest game of his career. It is actually a make or break for him. Anything less than 3 pts and it's difficult to envisage BR at the helm of our club.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 20 Oct 2009 22:23

Royal Lady But the players that remained are of (at least) championship quality. He brought in players from Watford (who are in the Championship and were last season also) - He brought the players in - the buck stops with him imo. Why did he bother buying/loaning them if they weren't up to it? You think Ingi, Marek, Gunnar, Tabb, Hunt etc aren't up to being in the championship??

Why isn't he playing Marek? I'll tell you why - he's a Coppell player - he's tried too hard to distance himself from Coppell and his style of play and his players - all to RFCs detriment I'm afraid.

Yes he has distanced himself from the Coppell era....and not playing Marek when we are desperately struggling to create anything seems bizarre to me.
its been chaotic really. He started the season playing such a young and inexperienced side and gradually one by one each youngster has been dropped and replaced with also-rans....this is Terry Bullivant all over again and this time around change needs to be made before its too late.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Oct 2009 22:24

TBH I'm hardly going to be cheering from the rafters if we DID get 3 points at that game - we're so inconsistent, a win against Leicester would mean bugger all and probably only delay him going by a week or so. :|

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Oct 2009 22:25

He is going to blow the whistle on the way out!

Set up by Tim Dellor, he is starting to bemoan a lack of quality up front!

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 20 Oct 2009 22:25

Royal Lady But the players that remained are of (at least) championship quality. He brought in players from Watford (who are in the Championship and were last season also) - He brought the players in - the buck stops with him imo. Why did he bother buying/loaning them if they weren't up to it? You think Ingi, Marek, Gunnar, Tabb, Hunt etc aren't up to being in the championship??

Why didnt Coppell play Marek?

serious question id have him in every game but thats 2 managers that wont play him.......

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 20 Oct 2009 22:26

Royal Lady TBH I'm hardly going to be cheering from the rafters if we DID get 3 points at that game - we're so inconsistent, a win against Leicester would mean bugger all and probably only delay him going by a week or so. :|

This.

It seems things will have to get worse, before they can get better.

Y25

by Y25 » 20 Oct 2009 22:26

Sounded like a broken man on the post match interview.

I support Reading FC so for the future of the club he must go NOW!
Last edited by Y25 on 20 Oct 2009 22:28, edited 2 times in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Oct 2009 22:27

juanpablo

Why didnt Coppell play Marek?

serious question id have him in every game but thats 2 managers that wont play him.......

Coppell did. I thought Marek only didn't play when he was injured? Maybe I'm wrong.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 20 Oct 2009 22:28

The prat has lost it. His interview has him so close to tears. He sounds like a man with nowhere to go. He sounds like a broken man."We work well". He does not let the fans reaction or comments worry him. He thinks the supporters are split. He thinks the split is because we are not in the Premier League. He still feels he is the best to take us forward. The players ran further on Saturday by 1 km than WBA.

Bollocks. Sounds like he is not walking. Don't blame him. If SJM wants to get rid then a big fat pay off is beckoning

467 posts