RODGERS OUT. END OF

467 posts
rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RODGERS OUT. END OF

by rg6royal » 20 Oct 2009 22:28

Apparently he was very emotional during the post-match interview.

FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT
Hob Nob Regular

by FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT » 20 Oct 2009 22:29

Did anyone count how many times he said "You know" in his interview...

Must be a record.

Thames

by Thames » 20 Oct 2009 22:29

He genuinley sounds like he's been crying. I feel for him but he just isn't the right man.

People say he hasn't had the money...£2million + on Matt Mills who is a very average Championship defender.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 20 Oct 2009 22:30

Poor Brendan. I don't blame him for this debacle, he should never have been put in charge.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 20 Oct 2009 22:30

He is out of his depth.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Oct 2009 22:30

Is that what he said??

After the game tonight? He thinks some fans don't like him because we're not in the Premier league? He needs to see a frigging doctor.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 20 Oct 2009 22:31

rg6royal Apparently he was very emotional during the post-match interview.

He sounded like he was close to crying. I completely agree with Dellor who says that the players deserve as much blame as Rodgers.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 20 Oct 2009 22:32

BRENDAN IN!!

Nah not really.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 20 Oct 2009 22:32

Terminal Boardom The prat has lost it. His interview has him so close to tears. He sounds like a man with nowhere to go. He sounds like a broken man."We work well". He does not let the fans reaction or comments worry him. He thinks the supporters are split. He thinks the split is because we are not in the Premier League. He still feels he is the best to take us forward. The players ran further on Saturday by 1 km than WBA.

Bollocks. Sounds like he is not walking. Don't blame him. If SJM wants to get rid then a big fat pay off is beckoning

Makes me feel a bit sorry for him. Lets face it he has been on a hiding to nothing if Madejski gave him no option other than to massively cut the wage bill...although he should have stood his ground and ensured he kept key, experienced players.
He has tried to change things far too quickly since taking over and its back-fired.
The sad thing is he really doesn't have a clue what his best starting 11 is. He's not even close to it at the moment.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 20 Oct 2009 22:33

Man up and sort this shite out or oxf*rd off.

Stop playing the sympathy card you gibbering weakling

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 20 Oct 2009 22:33

Royal Lady Is that what he said??

After the game tonight? He thinks some fans don't like him because we're not in the Premier league? He needs to see a frigging doctor.

Thats how I heard it. He just doesn't see that we are pissed off because of the total lack of quality in our football. Losing I can take. Ineptitude is another thing altogether

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 20 Oct 2009 22:33

winchester_royal Poor Brendan. I don't blame him for this debacle, he should never have been put in charge.

:shock:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 20 Oct 2009 22:34

Having listened to the interview he MUST be sacked. He had no answers. He was basically saying the players sre crap. Unbelievable. We've had it.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 20 Oct 2009 22:34

PEARCEY
winchester_royal Poor Brendan. I don't blame him for this debacle, he should never have been put in charge.

Madejski gave the biggest rebuilding job in the club's history to a man with 6 month's managerial experience. Ridiculous.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 20 Oct 2009 22:34

PEARCEY The sad thing is he really doesn't have a clue what his best starting 11 is. He's not even close to it at the moment.

Surely the players need to be started to be held accountable as well as Rodgers for that?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 20 Oct 2009 22:36

winchester_royal
PEARCEY

Madejski gave the biggest rebuilding job in the club's history to a man with 6 month's managerial experience. Ridiculous.

Its what I've been saying all along WR....but you seem a very recent convert to this. :)

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 20 Oct 2009 22:36

I was there at Elm Park
rg6royal Apparently he was very emotional during the post-match interview.

He sounded like he was close to crying. I completely agree with Dellor who says that the players deserve as much blame as Rodgers.

Yes, and the likes of Hammond and Mr Mad.

clauski

by clauski » 20 Oct 2009 22:37

Super Kevin Bremner! I think there's your answer RL. The squad isn't up to Championship football at the moment.

Nonsense. We may have lost some strength and as a squad are more inexperienced but overall there are more than enough Championship level players as well as Premiership and international experience in there. The reason we are so messed up is purely due to a lack of tactical success, direction, leadership, consistency, motivation - whatever else you want to throw at Rodgers. Note that early in the season players were so supportive of him - where are these messages now? And for Rodgers to say he doesn't yet have his type of player - surely that was his job in the summer to get them in?

I do have some sympathy for him and think he is out of his depth - ultimately he has limited direct experience and it was a tough job to take on with that background. That's JMs mistake that he needs to correct for the sake of the club.

But for now, putting Kingsley in charge on Monday would be more likely to secure 3 points.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 20 Oct 2009 22:37

Terminal Boardom
Royal Lady Is that what he said??

Thats how I heard it. He just doesn't see that we are pissed off because of the total lack of quality in our football. Losing I can take. Ineptitude is another thing altogether

He didn't say that - he was implying that the fans were 50/50 on whether he should go. Commentator dude said about the "premier league fans" and the high expectations

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 20 Oct 2009 22:37

I was there at Elm Park
PEARCEY The sad thing is he really doesn't have a clue what his best starting 11 is. He's not even close to it at the moment.

Surely the players need to be started to be held accountable as well as Rodgers for that?

Of course but he was the one that bought them in...this is his side. They have done him no favours but he really hasn't helped himself.
I still had hope before tonight that he could turn things around but not now. He's gone.

467 posts