RODGERS OUT. END OF

467 posts
facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RODGERS OUT. END OF

by facaldaqui » 20 Oct 2009 23:12

FiNeRain, the Bullivant team was OK until February, I admit. We even beat Leeds away in the League Cup. But from February to the end of season we hardly won a match and we were more abysmal than we are now (except tonight sounds like a new low).

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 20 Oct 2009 23:13

brendywendy Skbs review of those games is 100 percent spot on. Good to see some support for the lad on here.

I'm coming round to supporting him too.

It's all just really sad at the moment. Is there anyway we can make things better? I think appointing someone to help Brendon (and not some fly by night like Lampard Senior) might be the answer.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 20 Oct 2009 23:15

Archie's penalty
brendywendy Skbs review of those games is 100 percent spot on. Good to see some support for the lad on here.

It's all just really sad at the moment. Is there anyway we can make things better? I think appointing someone to help Brendon (and not some fly by night like Lampard Senior might be the answer).

Jeez Archie you blow in the wind. Half an hour ago you wanted him out. Get a grip young man.
You'll be voting Tory at this rate. :wink:

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 20 Oct 2009 23:18

facaldaqui FiNeRain: I won't hear a good word said about the team that got relegated from this division last time: truly terrible, worse than the present lot. It's no good quoting the legendary Forest game, which was the one isolated win in a dismal sequence, and against a side a man down. Nor was that team the same one that Bullivant had been playing. Meaker and Lambert did not often play. Asaba and Morley were no longer the players they had been, and were incapable of scoring. We also had two full backs as porous as Cummings. There was no hope that that team could improve, whereas there is hope that this one can.

I'd pick Martyn Booty over Cummings at whatever age Booty is now.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 20 Oct 2009 23:19

PEARCEY
Archie's penalty

It's all just really sad at the moment. Is there anyway we can make things better? I think appointing someone to help Brendon (and not some fly by night like Lampard Senior might be the answer).

Jeez Archie you blow in the wind. Half an hour ago you wanted him out. Get a grip young man.
You'll be voting Tory at this rate. :wink:

I think we all bloody do on here :wink:

I'm trying to think of ways forward and can only think of get rid of Rodgers and appoint an experienced manager or bring someone experienced in to help him out. And I'm leaning towards the latter at the moment. It can't hurt shirley?

Oh and half an hour ago I had already come around to supporting the bloke (at least till the Ipswich game) :wink:

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 20 Oct 2009 23:23

I've said before it's pointless getting rid of Rodgers because no manager of any standing would come to us because of Madejski.

No budget ....... this is what you have to work with.......lump it.

Let Madejski fall on his sword..... then vent your anger at home to Rochdale next season, this is his policy on how a football club should be ran.

He's the one who you will never see nearly in tears after his club just lost a match 13 games into the season. Madejski couldn't give a toss because he's moved on and RFC are an inconvenience.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 20 Oct 2009 23:25

LOL @ Rodgers' emotional interview winning over all the saps on here

Next time I oxf*rd up at my job I'm going to go into my managers office and ball my eyes out. that'll do it

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 20 Oct 2009 23:27

Total agreement with what you say FineRain there are many questions that I would love to see answered, the demolition of last seasons squad, I just cant believe that when he came in that BR wanted to get rid of so many seasoned players, there have been suggestions in some threads about Madejski's "restrictons" on the new man, the "cloth cutting" garbage seems to point to it being a financal decision, all the high earning ex rem players leaving at an alarming rate, we really have a demolished bit part squad who are hardly up to Div 1 standard let alone Chamiopnship.

There are some amongst us on here, not me I must add !!, who will not have a word said against Madejski, and I will agree he was the man responsible for taking us from obscurity to the Premiership, and sadly when he goes he will have been chief administrator in our return journey back to obscurity, all the investing at Reading nowadays is in the infrastructure of the club and not at the grass roots playing level, and for the club to be of great financial value to a new owner, these need to grow together, its as though its "job done" "premiership achieved as I promised, now lest get my money back as the peasants will be satisfied"........................but generally I dont hink we are.

The second season of the "Premiership Dream" we started, at the club management and ownership level, to throw away all we had achieved, and we done our level best to throw away a quick return to the top league last season, a play-off place was scant reward for how we had played before Christmas, Burnley were slaughtered at the Madejski in the league encounter last season, now they with effort, desire and determination are in the top league where as Reading, with thier lack of effort, desire and ambition are floundering down at the relegation end of the Championship. How things change in a short while.
Last edited by howser on 20 Oct 2009 23:33, edited 3 times in total.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 20 Oct 2009 23:28

Tamworth_Royal I've said before it's pointless getting rid of Rodgers because no manager of any standing would come to us because of Madejski.

No budget ....... this is what you have to work with.......lump it.

Let Madejski fall on his sword..... then vent your anger at home to Rochdale next season, this is his policy on how a football club should be ran.

He's the one who you will never see nearly in tears after his club just lost a match 13 games into the season. Madejski couldn't give a toss because he's moved on and RFC are an inconvenience.

Madejski needs to drop his asking price for the club by many millions if he is to fall on his sword. If he wants to sell then he needs to get on with it....if Notts County can find a buyer than so can he.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 20 Oct 2009 23:30

Inept at motivation

Inept in the transfer market

Inept at substitutions

Inept at selection

I don't care if he bleeds blue and white and cries for hours when we lose. The bloke is demonstrably a totally shit manager and it is unthinkable that he would still be in the job on Monday night.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Oct 2009 23:40

oxf*rd all to do with the interview,though at least it makes me feel he hurts like i do. Its more to do with hating the baying mob,and all it stands for.It aint all his fault imo,and imo sacking him now would do more damage than good.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 20 Oct 2009 23:44

brendywendy oxf*rd all to do with the interview,though at least it makes me feel he hurts like i do. Its more to do with hating the baying mob,and all it stands for.It aint all his fault imo,and imo sacking him now would do more damage than good.

Well the big question is if we sack him who would we get and when I try to think of an answer I can't think of anyone who makes it worth for us to get rid of Rodgers right now. If we're humiliated against Leicester then I'll change my mind but at the moment I think he has to be given until Ipswich at the very least.

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 20 Oct 2009 23:55

How about John Barnes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fluff

by Fluff » 20 Oct 2009 23:57

Blue_Elm How about John Barnes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't give em ideas

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Oct 2009 23:59

brendywendy oxf*rd all to do with the interview,though at least it makes me feel he hurts like i do. Its more to do with hating the baying mob,and all it stands for.It aint all his fault imo,and imo sacking him now would do more damage than good.

You're not wrong about the baying mob. I think my position is changing as well - I think he realises he's out of his depth and the team are doing nothing to help him. I'm mean Ingi what the f*ck were you playing at?

He really needs someone behind the scenes helping and advising him, like he had with Graham Taylor at Watford, and I think he needs a f*cking nasty assistant manager to kick the arses of the senior pros at the club to start performing and playing like a team.

We need leadership and to grow some balls.

clauski

by clauski » 21 Oct 2009 00:00

Ok then SKB, my contribution. How about:

Forest - Play the much hyped passing style of football for perhaps the only time - actually looked promising at times but no end product = nil nil draw.
Newcastle - Mistakes by players not in the same class as Newcastle cost us dearly
Swansea - Not learning from prior two games we still have no attacking threat. Federici saves penalty and is MOM against bottom of the table team.
Sheff Utd - The diamond fails again as we only muster 2 shots on target and are deservedly beaten
Barnsley - Good and deserved win in last game before Brian Howard signs
Doncaster - Shite performance, agreed.
Cardiff - Absolute lack of width to the team and long range efforts only but official site proclaims daylight robbery as we share possession with a Cardiff side who were disappointing on the night. Some start believing the BR hype.
Peterborough - Take a good lead but capitulate in second half as we try to play it safe and are totally outclassed by a side seeking their first (and to date only) win of the season. Some start to lose faith in the BR hype.
Watford - Shite performance, agreed.
Preston - Take good lead then fail to learn lessons from Peterborough and nearly repeat the exercise as we seek to play it safe second half and are totally outplayed. Fortunately we hold on for a big confidence boosting win.
Middlesbrough - Fail to capitalise on confidence from midweek win with a turgid display against a Boro team who had been struggling recently without a win in 3 but found it all too easy against us. Lita showed our strikers a thing or two. Or should that be striker - one up front fails again.
West Brom - Another team without a win in 3 find it all too easy against us - seems we are the team to play when you are in need of a result. 11 on target shots to 2 in WBA favour as BR loyally sticks to one up front.
QPR - Totally outplayed by a team with a distinctly average Championship squad.

Not such pretty viewing from where I've been sat...

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Oct 2009 00:03

leon

You're not wrong about the baying mob. I think my position is changing as well - I think he realises he's out of his depth and the team are doing nothing to help him. I'm mean Ingi what the f*ck were you playing at?

He really needs someone behind the scenes helping and advising him, like he had with Graham Taylor at Watford, and I think he needs a f*cking nasty assistant manager to kick the arses of the senior pros at the club to start performing and playing like a team.

Isn't that Frank Lampard and Dean Austin's job?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Oct 2009 00:05

Platypuss
leon

Isn't that Frank Lampard and Dean Austin's job?

exactly - and it's not working. He's getting no support from anyone it would seem.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 21 Oct 2009 00:08

leon exactly - and it's not working. He's getting no support from anyone it would seem.

+1.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 21 Oct 2009 00:11

Archie's penalty
leon exactly - and it's not working. He's getting no support from anyone it would seem.

+1.
Putting on my conspiratorial hat, does Lampard have managerial aspirations ?
Last edited by Horsham Royal on 21 Oct 2009 00:12, edited 1 time in total.

467 posts