RODGERS OUT. END OF

467 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RODGERS OUT. END OF

by Millsy » 21 Oct 2009 00:11

Ok....

Rodgers out because he has been unable to take over a team who has had its best players shipped out, fiddle around with the oldies and the reserves and a mere £3million to rebuild an alleged top championship team and reproduce - in the space of less than a third of a season - years of evolution and growth and the most successful period in our history?

Where you expecting a oxf*rd magician????

Blame the situation, and the people that put us in it, not Rodgers.

I don't remember many people being on my side when I complained about Rodgers' imminent appointment and now you can't even calm down and see this isn't actually his fault but far bigger problems at the club. You guys got what you wanted so let's at least back the guy and not throw our toys out the pram after 5 mins.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 21 Oct 2009 00:12

Archie's penalty
leon exactly - and it's not working. He's getting no support from anyone it would seem.

+1.

This has to be the way to go.

Too expensive to sack, too up his own arse to resign

He needs to get someone in to help him. Who else is on the backroom staff aside from Lampard and Austin?

I still think bringing Coppell back in an advisory role would be a superb decision

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 21 Oct 2009 00:12

2 Points.

1- Why do people keep thinking that Rodgers chose to let players like Harper and Rosenior go? He did not have a choice in the matter they are high wage earners who the board wanted rid of.

2- Why do people keep saying we have no budget to work with? Mills, Cummings, McAnuff, Howard and the potential signing of Tommy Smith would accumulate to more than 4m in spending, more than any other season in history apart from the 2 premier League seasons.

d)- Rodgers out and Curbishley in.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 21 Oct 2009 00:13

2 world wars, 1 world cup Ok....

Rodgers out because he has been unable to take over a team who has had its best players shipped out, fiddle around with the oldies and the reserves and a mere £3million to rebuild an alleged top championship team and reproduce - in the space of less than a third of a season - years of evolution and growth and the most successful period in our history?

I don't remember many people being on my side when I complained about Rodgers' imminent appointment and now you can't even calm down and see this isn't actually his fault but far bigger problems at the club. You guys got what you wanted so let's at least back the guy and not throw our toys out the pram after 5 mins.
+1. Till December.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 21 Oct 2009 00:16

Focher 2 Points.

1- Why do people keep thinking that Rodgers chose to let players like Harper and Rosenior go? He did not have a choice in the matter they are high wage earners who the board wanted rid of.

2- Why do people keep saying we have no budget to work with? Mills, Cummings, McAnuff, Howard and the potential signing of Tommy Smith would accumulate to more than 4m in spending, more than any other season in history apart from the 2 premier League seasons.

Would Curbishley even offer us the courtesy of visiting the Madejski Stadium to hold talks let alone agree to take over?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 21 Oct 2009 00:17

Horsham Royal

+1. Till December.

But if we lose to Leicester and Ipswich I can't see him surviving. The mood around the club will be abysmal and he's clearly got no support around him.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 21 Oct 2009 00:19

I was there at Elm Park
Focher 2 Points.

Would Curbishley even offer us the courtesy of visiting the Madejski Stadium to hold talks let alone agree to take over?

Possibly not, but he's the only person who springs to mind who can get us out of this mire, im sure Rodgers is a jolly nice bloke, but this is about 14 steps too far for him, and only an experienced manager with a good pedigree can pull us out of this in my opinion.

Thou Voice

Middlesborough Sack Manager - Why Can't We?

by Thou Voice » 21 Oct 2009 00:25

Middlesborough sack Garath for being high in table...

...surely we should sack our manager for the reverse?

DO YOU SEE? :shock:

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 21 Oct 2009 00:26

Focher
I was there at Elm Park
Focher 2 Points.

Possibly not, but he's the only person who springs to mind who can get us out of this mire, im sure Rodgers is a jolly nice bloke, but this is about 14 steps too far for him, and only an experienced manager with a good pedigree can pull us out of this in my opinion.
Didn't Curbishley leave West Ham because he was forced to sell players ? So if that's what BR's been made to do, Curbishley won't touch us with a barge pole.

reading98

by reading98 » 21 Oct 2009 00:27

He has had his time things are getting worse, tonight we hardly managed to string two passes together!!!!

Forest start of the season I thought yes this could work just need that killer touch but its not the players are losing belief and Rodgers does not seem to have a clue how to stop the rot.
Come saturday evening we could be 7 points behing the team in 20th that is a big gap considering we are only 13 games palyed.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Middlesborough Sack Manager - Why Can't We?

by winchester_royal » 21 Oct 2009 00:31

Am I missing something here? :shock:

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 21 Oct 2009 00:32

Thou Voice Middlesborough sack Garath for being high in table...

...surely we should sack our manager for the reverse?

DO YOU SEE? :shock:
Nope - it still makes no sense. I suggest a tactical deletion :wink:

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 21 Oct 2009 00:33

winchester_royal Am I missing something here? :shock:

Yes.

Garath Southgate was sacked earlier today and he is far more succesful then our crock of shit manager...

...so...

...if a argueably much better manager then ours can get sacked, why are RFC not doing the deed?

DO RFC SEE? :shock:

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 21 Oct 2009 00:35

Hooray.

Some sense.

I think he has been hoodwinked like the rest of us.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 21 Oct 2009 00:35

Thou Voice
winchester_royal Am I missing something here? :shock:

Yes.

Garath Southgate was sacked earlier today and he is far more succesful then our crock of shit manager...

...so...

...if a argueably much better manager then ours can get sacked, why are RFC not doing the deed?

DO RFC SEE? :shock:
I'm not sure Middlesborough see ...

clauski

by clauski » 21 Oct 2009 00:48

Southgate has to consider himself very unlucky. Rodgers on the other has tried but would surely be able to understand any decision to sack him.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Oct 2009 00:49

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1832419,00.html

Right, he's won me over again. Sounds like some his 'contacts' are gonna get a call asking for a few players.

He deserves time. We ripped him off by bringing him from what was a very comfortable position at Watford into a nightmare here. He, and the team, need our support.

Let's give it to him, at least for the next 5 games.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 21 Oct 2009 00:53

winchester_royal http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1832419,00.html

Right, he's won me over again. Sounds like some his 'contacts' are gonna get a call asking for a few players.

He deserves time. We ripped him off by bringing him from what was a very comfortable position at Watford into a nightmare here. He, and the team, need our support.

+1

clauski

by clauski » 21 Oct 2009 00:54

winchester_royal http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1832419,00.html

What, like the success Cummings has been? I think BR is a slow learner if it's only in the last two games he's noticed we need more quality.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 21 Oct 2009 00:58

but that the nub of the problem with him - he is a world class interviewer!!! we all got conned by him at the start and now he's trying it again.

people forget how much he contradicts himself - we lack quality in the final third of the field and yet in September we still had quality runinng right through the team - we just needed composure.

I think what irritates me about this statement is that he is trying to make out the half the fans understand that things take time and the other half of us want premier league. thats nonsense. all i wanted from rodgers was to bring a bit of attacking exciting football to reading again after we had gone stale under coppell. Most of us knew that would mean a mid table finish with all the changes. thats fine - it take time to bed in.

but the reality has been a team selection policy that seems to be based on the numbers from last nights lottery draw, really dull football with no attacking edge and a tinkerman approach to tactics. Its as though he is playing champ manager!

I just dont know what a brendan rodgers team means or stands for - and I dont think he does either.

until he does reading will go from bad to worse.

467 posts