RODGERS OUT. END OF

467 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: RODGERS OUT. END OF

by winchester_royal » 21 Oct 2009 02:02

You can't judge by pre-season on how your squad will cope in competitve matches.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 21 Oct 2009 02:08

holsgrove breaks a leg
but he had three months of pre season to figure this out,given that he would have had his eventual transfer targets in mind already and how they would have fitted into the ethos of his new squad, surely this smacks of poor planning and lacking attention to detail at the critical phase of the season.

I agree, and that's why I've said time and time again. It's his ego. He worked under Jose "when i think of special i don't think of football on sky... i think of me" Mourinho.

This is why he's steamed in here an got it all wrong. But does that mean he can't save us from relegation an come back stronger next year for this experience? Personally I think he's got it in his locker to turn this around if he does what he says and goes back to basics. It may take a few games but I'd like to see the outcome of his finally having been brought back down to earth and out of Jose is God and I am his Son land.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 21 Oct 2009 02:11

even royalee has given up winchester, you are quite a loan voice

i've said since game 4 he was guff

i was told to give him more time

after 13 games, another 5 changes to the starting line up and losing 2 goals to a team with 10 men, you still want him to get more time?

you justification ... he is going to try different players that he will get in on loan?

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 21 Oct 2009 02:14

Granted you wont get that Eureka moment at pre season, but he had time to manipulate his ideas day in day out at Hogwood and by playing a range of different teams in July. However nothing appears to have stuck with his broad range of wooly theories, Rodgers 'key man' Pearce is now wasting on the bench and there is nothing 'trademark' about the way we approach a game or the pattern of play involved.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 21 Oct 2009 02:16

weybridgewanderer even royalee has given up winchester, you are quite a loan voice

after 13 games, another 5 changes to the starting line up and losing 2 goals to a team with 10 men, you still want him to get more time?

you justification ... he is going to try different players that he will get in on loan?

Read my other posts you muppet. I've said quite clearly that Rodgers has been cack recently, and that I feel let down by the abandonment of his youth policy. In no way am I defending him ATM, he needs to sort it out and fast, but we're still in October. We can still turn this round.

They just need our support, and chanting about how shit we are will do very little for the already broken confidence of our inexperienced squad.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 21 Oct 2009 02:20

Can anyone definitevely say they know what are best team is? Or that a new manager would? Our squad is a mess. I'm not saying the players are rubbish - just that in a normal squad you have a core that generally make up the starting 11. Even us fans would disagree who to put in that core group if we were suddenly put in charge.

All I can say is he better stick with 442 and try and stick with an 11 where possible in the coming month if he wants to get anywhere. And I think by and large this is what he will aim for from now. Quite a few of the changes tonight were inflicted by injury or by him doing what a lot of us wanted... dropping cummings!

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 21 Oct 2009 02:38

winchester_royal
weybridgewanderer even royalee has given up winchester, you are quite a loan voice

Read my other posts you muppet. I've said quite clearly that Rodgers has been cack recently, and that I feel let down by the abandonment of his youth policy. In no way am I defending him ATM, he needs to sort it out and fast, but we're still in October. We can still turn this round.

They just need our support, and chanting about how shit we are will do very little for the already broken confidence of our inexperienced squad.

I'll +1 you there (tough chanting how shit we are is about the only thing to brighten the mood sometimes :D )

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 21 Oct 2009 02:41

Oh I definitely agree. The highlight of the WBA trip for me was 'it's only 2-1.....'

Imagine if you're one of the players hearing that though.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Oct 2009 02:42

I don't often agree with winchester, but whats the point in sacking now? His heart is in it- he's trying and learning. Give him a few more games, if we beat leicester on monday then it could all change. If its still like this in 4/5 games then ok, he's done. It can't get any worse than this.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 21 Oct 2009 02:46

FiNeRaIn I don't often agree with winchester, but whats the point in sacking now? His heart is in it- he's trying and learning. Give him a few more games, if we beat leicester on monday then it could all change. If its still like this in 4/5 games then ok, he's done. It can't get any worse than this.

I don't often agree with FiNe but I am now :o

Listening to his post match interview he's clearly giving it everything he's got and actually gives a flying fook. He may not be getting it right selection wise but he's not to blame for stupidity of so called experienced players like Ingi who should know better, or for things like McAnuff on Saturday.

He's oxf*rd up a lot yes, but is he learning? I'd say so. At least until the middle of December I'm prepared to give him my backing, if we're still gash then, well :(

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 21 Oct 2009 03:03

winchester_royal

winchester_royal http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1832419,00.html

Right, he's won me over again. Sounds like some his 'contacts' are gonna get a call asking for a few players.

He deserves time. We ripped him off by bringing him from what was a very comfortable position at Watford into a nightmare here. He, and the team, need our support.

Let's give it to him, at least for the next 5 games.

Its not me that is the muppet

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 21 Oct 2009 04:45

it begs the question, who would be the caretaker boss if/once Rodgers gets the boot? (please god)

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 21 Oct 2009 06:59

pooandwee Leicester is the biggest game of his career. It is actually a make or break for him. Anything less than 3 pts and it's difficult to envisage BR at the helm of our club.

I should bloody well think so. When you see players strolling around and giving up the chase on the pitch you know something has to give. The patience of the support at home games is understandably scathing. The away games to a lesser extent have been more encouraging but to see that vanish last night means Rogers now has no place to hide and gleen anything from the majority of support at the away games. Even gallows humour and ironic cheers cannot save him now surely.
The team moral is rock bottom, the teams chohesion is not strong enough to pull through this. The quality and level of the players as individuals should be good enough individually but as a team in a multitude of combinations it is simply not good enough.
The spark is missing from this team and that spark should be ignited but the coaching staff. There must have been something seen to buy players in. To get the best out of them as a team /individualls falls to the backroom staff.

Gone by the end of Leicester at the very latest please.

metalmicky

by metalmicky » 21 Oct 2009 07:17

ROGERS OUT JOHN OUT NICKY HAMMOND OUT NIGEL HOWE OUT. PS JOHN WHAT ABOUT THE 27 M
FOR THE CATERING RIGHT TO THE GROUND AND HOTEL ? FROM THE START THIS SEASON BEEN ONE BIG COCK UP. AND TAKE SIDE KICK WITH YOU ROGERS.

Dickie's Spear

by Dickie's Spear » 21 Oct 2009 07:59

I feel a bit sad for Rodgers in a way, mainly for the fact that everyone was strung along somewhat by his manner and ambitions [ and really we don't fully know the terms and promises for when he took on this job], and I suppose when you take on a job you have to be confident. He's now been brought down to look foolish and is now admitting what everyone was saying all along.
I suppose what I'm saying is now after I wanted his head, he's now being honest about it all finally and I believe it's more of a problem from the top. With the available finances available we're not going to get any better anyway so perhaps now he's levelled with us it's time to get behind him 100% and put all the pressure on Mad to give BR the resources to sort this mess out, just a thought. Otherwise this could all get even worse.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Oct 2009 08:14

after watching that he has to go

Toxteth O'Grady (USA)

by Toxteth O'Grady (USA) » 21 Oct 2009 08:15

Not sure if its already been said - suspect it has. But its October. He's lost the dressing room it seems, thinks the worst keeper since Shepherd is great and has managed to spend 500k on a right back worse than Rosenior; no-one else is capable of these things surely. Worse than Terry the Taxi.

The board must be having crisis talks because this is a crisis??????

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 21 Oct 2009 08:18

Dickie's Spear I feel a bit sad for Rodgers in a way, mainly for the fact that everyone was strung along somewhat by his manner and ambitions [ and really we don't fully know the terms and promises for when he took on this job], and I suppose when you take on a job you have to be confident. He's now been brought down to look foolish and is now admitting what everyone was saying all along.
I suppose what I'm saying is now after I wanted his head, he's now being honest about it all finally and I believe it's more of a problem from the top. With the available finances available we're not going to get any better anyway so perhaps now he's levelled with us it's time to get behind him 100% and put all the pressure on Mad to give BR the resources to sort this mess out, just a thought. Otherwise this could all get even worse.

I agree but the HobNob mongs will have their pound of flesh.

I believe we have reached the level that Madejski's wallet is comfortable with.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Oct 2009 08:23

winchester_royal You can't judge by pre-season on how your squad will cope in competitve matches.

I hate to say it (for fear of ridicule!) but in his post match interview last night, Rodgers said a lot to win me back over.

He might always have had doubts about the players he had been left with after the cloth cutting (we now know why Coppell wouldn't play the youngsters). However, he could hardly be expected to come out right at the start of the season stating that his squad lacked the required quality and were heading for relegation. Instead he tried to instil confidence by talking things up, whilst he desperately tried to find a way to overcome the problems he faced through a lack of quality. Hence the repeated shuffling of the pack. Now he realises that Madejski and Hammond's cloth cutting has left him with a pack of crumpled jokers.

If anyone is having a go at the Mad Stad this morning, I reckon it will be Rodgers telling Hammond a few home truths (I suspect it may not be that easy for him to talk to the great man himself).

So, Winchester Royal, you are not on your own!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 21 Oct 2009 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 21 Oct 2009 08:25

I have just read Rodgers account of everything... and it is fair to say the chap does care. Whether or not he's any good or not, I dont think so. He is a Reading fan, and does care about the club. But then again, I care about the club... it doesnt mean I'd be any good. If I was a football manager I could go to Tranmere and get them out of trouble. Does it mean I'd be any good? No - they wouldnt be my players. Likewise Rodgers had a squad at Watford... not a bad squad, more of a deflated one who werent playing for Aidy Boothroyd. Rodgers comes here, and has to build one... and 3 Million quid later and 7 signings... and we're in no better position than if he just took hold of the players he had here when he got to Reading.

467 posts