RODGERS OUT. END OF

467 posts
I was there at Elm Park

Re: RODGERS OUT. END OF

by I was there at Elm Park » 21 Oct 2009 19:20

RoyalBlue What I find really strange is the claims that Rodgers has lost the dressing room.

If that really is true, it shows just what thick, heartless, disloyal mercanaries professional footballers are. He gave the majority of them their big chance for gods sake!!

If he has lost the dressing room then I half expect that the people he lost were lost before he was even appointed. Matejovsky is the player who comes to mind the most. He strikes me as being the sort of player who would feel let down by the club and blame them for the direction his career his heading, ignoring the fact that he's flattered to deceive and that there's a reason why only Sparta Prague made an offer and even then it was a half-hearted one. (Similar examples could be used for Cisse, Long, Rosenior, Harper, etc.) This isn't an attack on Marek, I still think he should have been given more a chance by both Coppell and Rodgers, but more me being worried that this year the so-called experienced players have been a lot more unhappy than maybe we realised and have added to the problems that Rodgers inherited from Madejski as well as the ones he's created himself.

dan19

by dan19 » 21 Oct 2009 19:39

I'm not blaming the kids, it is though, an outrage that we have collapsed to this "pants" after such great promise of the last 5 years. We have got rid of our experience, which we should have built around, not release to go to clubs who are now higher in the league than us. Its a fun protest at the appaling start of the season, i don't want rodgers out, neither though do i want to pay premier league ticket prices to watch this dump.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 21 Oct 2009 19:40

RoyalBlue What I find really strange is the claims that Rodgers has lost the dressing room.

It depends where those claims have come from. Typically it's just bollocks assumed by someone working through the "my team is doing badly" paint by numbers picture book.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Oct 2009 19:57

In the world of real business (which the Chairman himself comes from)the very last thing you do, if your business starts to find things getting tough, is ship out all of your highest quality staff! If you have to make cuts it is usually the younger, inexperienced and/or support staff.

So why is the Chairman so determined to do things arse about tit when it comes to football, which he repeatedly states needs to be run like a proper business?!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Oct 2009 20:22

Still as tedious as the last time I revealed one of your posts I see.

In the real world when a business finds things tough it makes some tough decisions and rids itself of any costs that are OTT for its current circumstances. It especially rids itself of the employees who no longer have a commitment for the company and who, if they were to stick around, would only be there for the nice fat salary they earned when times were better.

roll over boltonhoven

by roll over boltonhoven » 21 Oct 2009 20:37

not that the shocking loss of management acumen by SSC post Christmas 07 and again post Christmas 08 is a laughing matter, but funny how quiet Royalee has gone about his BR hero... [see any number of posts pre and early season]

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 21 Oct 2009 21:41

roll over boltonhoven not that the shocking loss of management acumen by SSC post Christmas 07 and again post Christmas 08 is a laughing matter, but funny how quiet Royalee has gone about his BR hero... [see any number of posts pre and early season]

Royalee is not my favourite poster. But to be fair to him he has fronted up over the last couple of weeks. In fairness, he has been very critical of BR following the WBA nonsense.

Royal Rebel

by Royal Rebel » 21 Oct 2009 22:06

In my last mail I said that I felt that we should give him until Xmas, but I think that now is the time to act....he should go now before its too late !

clauski

by clauski » 21 Oct 2009 22:38

Super Kevin Bremner!
Coppell's first season in charge (think his first game was in September).

Pick a few 13 game runs at your leisure.

18 points in the last 13 games. Not spectacular.

All in all mediocre at best after he took control. Went on to be Reading's greatest ever Manager.

In 2004/5 we had a 13 game run where we only notched up 14 points. Again Reading's greatest ever Manager.

I wonder what the 'Rodgers Out' brigade were up to then?

18 points in 13 games is enough for a Top 10 finish - much better than Rodgers is managing. And Coppell started with more wins in 4 league games than Rodgers has in 13. And if I remember correctly there were moments of enjoyment and entertainment - a distant memory at present. As for your last question I don't remember quite the level of dissatisfaction with the manager we currenly have at any time in Coppell's reign. Certainly I for one was happy that Coppell instilled confidence he knew what he was doing even on a poor run at that stage, and we were proabbly helped by the confidence he was an experienced and successful manager. Not a surprise an experienced successful manager became our greatest ever, whereas an inexperienced nice feller out of his depth is destined to end up on the Reading scrapheap exactly as Bullivant did in the same circumstances.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Oct 2009 23:56

Hope Powell anyone? Could she do worse?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 21 Oct 2009 23:58

Will never be a patch on....

Anyone remember the Dalcon Shield?

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 22 Oct 2009 00:03

PieEater He needs to do something publically before the next game, just tinkering with the team and getting them doing extra training will not hack it. We will lose against Leicester unless he makes significant changes.

Personally I think he needs to get someone in to help him, and maybe get rid of some of his backroom team.

significant changes instead of just tinkering? he made 5(five) changes on Tuesday, if that is just tinkering, can I expect 10 changes on Monday?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Oct 2009 00:09

weybridgewanderer
PieEater He needs to do something publically before the next game, just tinkering with the team and getting them doing extra training will not hack it. We will lose against Leicester unless he makes significant changes.

Personally I think he needs to get someone in to help him, and maybe get rid of some of his backroom team.

significant changes instead of just tinkering? he made 5(five) changes on Tuesday, if that is just tinkering, can I expect 10 changes on Monday?

I think we need to hope for 3 changes.

Karacan and Siggurdsson (or Howard) in for Gunnarsson and Cisse and hopefully Bertrand in for the suspended Ingimarsson. Long could do with being dropped as well really, Hunt's injured and could be out for a while and more than three changes is pushing it...

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Oct 2009 00:34

Evening all from New YoROFLk, always wanted to Hob Nob from some LOOK AT ME location so here I am. Can't believe that R*dgers hasn't resigned yet, were you all so meek and mild without me at Loftus Road that you were incapable of (Bob) doling out enough abuse to make him quit on the spot?

Anyway, must sign off - we're about to go and see West Side Story on Broadway. A bunch of queens mincing about; it'll be just like watching Reading.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 22 Oct 2009 00:36

LOL @ Floyd streete posting drunk. :lol:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 22 Oct 2009 00:58

floyd__streete Evening all from New YoROFLk, always wanted to Hob Nob from some LOOK AT ME location so here I am. Can't believe that R*dgers hasn't resigned yet, were you all so meek and mild without me at Loftus Road that you were incapable of (Bob) doling out enough abuse to make him quit on the spot?

Anyway, must sign off - we're about to go and see West Side Story on Broadway. A bunch of queens mincing about; it'll be just like watching Reading.

We missed you floyd.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Oct 2009 01:07

World class.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Oct 2009 11:32

floyd__streete

LOL +1

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 22 Oct 2009 11:56

Wimb getting slammed at Ipswich.

I never went to Ipswich. :|

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 22 Oct 2009 12:47

FiNeRaIn
floyd__streete

LOL +1

I appreciate the comedy but I didn't literally 'LOL'.

467 posts