Wally & Dill

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Wally & Dill

by Thaumagurist* » 22 Oct 2009 13:44

AthleticoSpizz Whether media work is in their remit or not, Wally and especially Dill were very much vocal..and gave us (the fans) a little "value-added".

Does talking to the media actually show that they are better coaches? :|

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Oct 2009 13:45

Thaumagurist*
AthleticoSpizz Whether media work is in their remit or not, Wally and especially Dill were very much vocal..and gave us (the fans) a little "value-added".

Does talking to the media actually show that they are better coaches? :|

It was easier to tell what they did and if they were having any impact what-so-ever.

I wouldn't know Dean Austin if he punched me in the face. I have no idea what his particular role in training is either. In fact, I don't even know how many coaches we have. Is it just him and Rodgers? (not counting the part-time "consultant" fatty senior).

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 22 Oct 2009 13:46

midfield diamond Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but if not... Wally was at QPR (with Pards apparently) and gave a brief interview to BBCRB.
He sounded a little disappointed that he was released in the summer along with Dill. He said the Club had previously told them that it favoured continuity but then changed it's mind and said it wanted to do things differently...... Wally then said in a semi joking way 'they've certainly achieved that.'
Asked if he'd ever consider coming back he replied 'never say never.'

I can tell you as fact, it wasn't Hammond or 'the club' that decided to do things totally different. That was a Rodgers decision.

Eastkentroyal

by Eastkentroyal » 22 Oct 2009 14:02

I can tell you as fact, it wasn't Hammond or 'the club' that decided to do things totally different. That was a Rodgers decision.[/quote]

I don't know where you get your facts from but I thought as much. How much will it cost to get rid of all three numpties?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 22 Oct 2009 14:03

I see that Austin has talked to the evening post: http://www.getbracknell.co.uk/sport/foo ... defensible?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Oct 2009 14:07

Thaumagurist* I see that Austin has talked to the evening post: http://www.getbracknell.co.uk/sport/foo ... defensible?

So blaming everything on the players.

oxf*rd off Austin you useless tosser. The players have not had the best tactical preperation because Rodgers tactics are nothing short of shamefully inept.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 22 Oct 2009 14:11

“As a coaching team we are doing everything we possibly can and there is no way the team could be better prepared for games.

“Tactically, technically and physically there is no way we can be any more prepared than we have been all season.

“But once the players get past that white line it is down to them to make the right decisions.

Your not covering yourself in glory there Dean, that just sounds like an adbication of responsibility to me, as it will to others...

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 22 Oct 2009 14:15

The very simplest response to those comments would be that the coaching team are sendingt he wrong players out !!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Oct 2009 14:20

Dean Austin said not “As a coaching team we are doing everything we possibly can and there is no way the team could be better prepared by us for games. We simply aren't any good at our jobs.

“Tactically, technically and physically there is no way we are capable of preparing the players better this season, which is why we will all be jobless by next month.

“But once the players get past that white line it is down to them to make the right decisions. Unfortunately they aren't ignoring everything we've told them and doing their own thing.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 22 Oct 2009 14:28

Perhaps Austin should follow Dillon's lead and put our minds at rest!
Kevin Dillon I can't see us being relegated, I've looked at the fixtures and I honestly see us finishing 12th

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Oct 2009 14:31

Muskrat
“As a coaching team we are doing everything we possibly can and there is no way the team could be better prepared for games.

“Tactically, technically and physically there is no way we can be any more prepared than we have been all season.

“But once the players get past that white line it is down to them to make the right decisions.

Your not covering yourself in glory there Dean, that just sounds like an adbication of responsibility to me, as it will to others...

TBF where the coaches do have most influence- at teh start of games we look great, then later on we decend into a bunch of twats with no confidence- & they certainly could have had oxf*rd all influence on the shower we became after ivars sending off in midweek
i do agree about austin- though there also- people have been complaining that they dont know/see anything coming from him, dont know what he does etc- and this goes some way to adressing this.
still a shit house though

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Oct 2009 15:04

brendywendy
Muskrat

TBF where the coaches do have most influence- at teh start of games we look great, then later on we decend into a bunch of twats with no confidence- & they certainly could have had oxf*rd all influence on the shower we became after ivars sending off in midweek
i do agree about austin- though there also- people have been complaining that they dont know/see anything coming from him, dont know what he does etc- and this goes some way to adressing this.
still a shit house though

We got BETTER after Ivar was sent off.

And what about the ten minutes after half time? We've consistently looked clueless during that period of the game.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 22 Oct 2009 15:19

JM wanted a whole sweep out to reclaim as much cash as possible it's a simple as that.

Bringing in the unproven bunch he has means that he can pay peanuts in comparison to K & W and perhaps shift some of what is paid into performance and result based bonuses - so no doubt he's also laughing all the way to Reading Station at the moment.

He may well have been advised that it was not a good idea to dump everyone at the same time but with the given financial climate, and him not wanting to put the club into debt any more than necessary, that is the direction he decided to go in.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Oct 2009 15:20

Sun Tzu
Thaumagurist*
Isn't Lampard's job actually to mentor the players, i.e. give advice and whatever, but not do any actual coaching? e.g. "You should shoot on sight of goal more often, blah blah."

No, I believe Lampard's role is as a mentor for Rodgers.

Which still leaves open the question of what he is actually doing.

Turning up at half time cause he's was watching Frank saturday morning.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 22 Oct 2009 15:35

Barry the bird boggler JM wanted a whole sweep out to reclaim as much cash as possible it's a simple as that.

I think he did that because the bank asked for the loan to be repaid and so he didn't have much choice in the matter.

I wonder how many clubs have their banks asking for the loan to be repaid at the moment?

Eastkentroyal

by Eastkentroyal » 22 Oct 2009 16:35

Thaumagurist*
Barry the bird boggler JM wanted a whole sweep out to reclaim as much cash as possible it's a simple as that.

I think he did that because the bank asked for the loan to be repaid and so he didn't have much choice in the matter.

I wonder how many clubs have their banks asking for the loan to be repaid at the moment?

I find that hard to believe unless it was an unsecured loan from an Icelandic bank. Most banks would ask for security and there is plenty of value in the hotel/stadium complex one would presume. Neither the football club or the holding company accounts for June 2009 have been published yet (latest date for filing December 2009) so we will have to wait and see.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 22 Oct 2009 16:51

Eastkentroyal
Thaumagurist*

I find that hard to believe unless it was an unsecured loan from an Icelandic bank. Most banks would ask for security and there is plenty of value in the hotel/stadium complex one would presume. Neither the football club or the holding company accounts for June 2009 have been published yet (latest date for filing December 2009) so we will have to wait and see.

Well, on that statement on the website, the club did say:

Historically, the club has been able to manage any ongoing deficit thanks to a bank overdraft facility. However, as a result of the economic climate, this summer the club was asked to repay the total £7,500,000 overdraft, and we also needed to cover the £6,265,000 loss from last season.

Unsecured or not, the finanical climate has made the bank a bit uncertain. I wonder how many other clubs have been asked to pay their debts but have ignored it?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Oct 2009 17:07

Eastkentroyal
Thaumagurist*

My thoughts exactly EKR.

Thaumagurist* Well, on that statement on the website, the club did say:

Historically, the club has been able to manage any ongoing deficit thanks to a bank overdraft facility. However, as a result of the economic climate, this summer the club was asked to repay the total £7,500,000 overdraft, and we also needed to cover the £6,265,000 loss from last season.

Unsecured or not, the finanical climate has made the bank a bit uncertain. I wonder how many other clubs have been asked to pay their debts but have ignored it?

So of course it's gospel isn't it?!

What it doesn't actually state is who asked them to repay that overdraft. Of course, the strong implication is that it was the bank, but you can't be absolutely certain from the words used!

Nor does it mention whether they considered seeking a secured loan/overdraft from somewhere else. If the club is in the comparatively secure financial situation portrayed, then I would have thought that might well have been possible. Not cheap but possible.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Oct 2009 18:01

Eastkentroyal
Thaumagurist*

why would it need to be icelandic

we were lent money at a time when our fortunes, and that of the world economy were much better

now they are both worse- banks are recalling alot of their debts

't'aint rocket science/brainsurgery

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Oct 2009 18:03

RoyalBlue
Eastkentroyal
Thaumagurist*

My thoughts exactly EKR.

Thaumagurist* Well, on that statement on the website, the club did say:

So of course it's gospel isn't it?!

What it doesn't actually state is who asked them to repay that overdraft. Of course, the strong implication is that it was the bank, but you can't be absolutely certain from the words used!

Nor does it mention whether they considered seeking a secured loan/overdraft from somewhere else. If the club is in the comparatively secure financial situation portrayed, then I would have thought that might well have been possible. Not cheap but possible.

Oh FFS!

shut it you wherehasallthemoneygoner