So who WAS enjoyng it? A load of us apparently!!!

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: So who WAS enjoyng it? A load of us apparently!!!

by Vision » 23 Oct 2009 15:07

(.)Boobies(.) I enjoyed the passing football for the first three games and thought, yeah we'll do ok this season. But we don't even see that anymore.

The more Rodgers and his players say, the more I dislike all of them.

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm normally the first one on here to ridicule people that pay any attention to the stuff players and the club say in the press but oxf*rd me they're making it pretty difficult to ignore with some of their utter garbage.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Oct 2009 15:09

winchester_royal Rodgers came out and said the players aren't good enough, and that Tuesday was his worst night in football. Fairly strong words AP, and at no point has he said he's happy with what he has seen in the last 3 games.

I understand it's all very anti-Rodgers ATM, but he's trying to do his job, and he really does care about the club. Slagging off everything he does is childish and rather indicative of modern football.

I wouldn't have a problem with Rodgers IF

He had some clue of what he's doing. Marek is involved Monday night, must have been his name drew out of the hat this week. Was Cisse's last week. I wonder which formation, maybe the Mike Bassett Xmas pudding is next in the book?

He hadn't spent £3million on players absolutely no better than we've got/had (in some cases).

He wasn't such a cock.

I don't doubt he cares, I care, lots. Would you want me as manager? Probably not :wink:

although I'd struggle to do worse than Rodgers is doing!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Oct 2009 15:11

Jack Mansell 1970/1971 anyone? Great pre-season game against Man Utd giving us all hope then a season where we couldn't score goals for love nor money and a defence that fell apart as soon as you looked at them.

Own goal relegation last day of the season as I recall - from what I've seen so far we'll be lucky to still be in with a chance of survival on the last day of theseason.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Oct 2009 15:20

Alan Partridge

I don't doubt he cares, I care, lots. Would you want me as manager? Probably not :wink:

I'd vote for you.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Oct 2009 15:26

Alan Partridge
winchester_royal Rodgers came out and said the players aren't good enough, and that Tuesday was his worst night in football. Fairly strong words AP, and at no point has he said he's happy with what he has seen in the last 3 games.

I understand it's all very anti-Rodgers ATM, but he's trying to do his job, and he really does care about the club. Slagging off everything he does is childish and rather indicative of modern football.

He had some clue of what he's doing. Marek is involved Monday night, must have been his name drew out of the hat this week. Was Cisse's last week. I wonder which formation, maybe the Mike Bassett Xmas pudding is next in the book?

He hadn't spent £3million on players absolutely no better than we've got/had (in some cases).

He wasn't such a cock.

I'm not saying Rodgers has done a gr8 job, coz he hasn't. I'm not saying his signings have been shrewd, coz they haven't.

All I'm objecting to is that he can't say anything these days without fans screaming bloody murder.

Oh, and TBH I reckon that most fans could do a better job than lots of managers out there. :wink:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Oct 2009 15:29

I accept your first sentence Winch but he then goes and spoils it all by coming out with the biggest load of bollocks to date. When will he learn to talk sense and to stop trying to fool us? He is laughable. Hence the images of Comical Ali. If he was the Captain of the Titanic he would probably have said that we were just stopping to replenish the ice buckets!

Who talks more bollocks? Rodgers, Chemical Ali, Nick Griffin or me?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Oct 2009 15:31

Terminal Boardom

I accept your first sentence Winch but he then goes and spoils it all by coming out with the biggest load of bollocks to date. When will he learn to talk sense and to stop trying to fool us? He is laughable. Hence the images of Comical Ali. If he was the Captain of the Titanic he would probably have said that we were just stopping to replenish the ice buckets!

I imagine he's trying to calm the fans down before the game on Monday. The last thing the team needs is to be booed from the off. I doubt he actually believes what he is saying, though he should perhaps considering hiring some new PR people. Bertrand's outburst is embarassing, and the OS has become a partisan joke.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 23 Oct 2009 15:35

Terminal Boardom

I agree with what Winchester is saying. Rodgers' is dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't.

But to be honest that's his own fault. He talked too much and built things up too much. The fans have turned because of that and I bet those young players who he spent all summer telling them how great they were only to expose them as not being that good feel the same.

It's not right, but he's got no one to blame than himself...

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Oct 2009 15:39

BR accepts that we are crap and that performances are not good enough. This receives a big tick on the TB gobshiteometer. He then spoils it with the latest outpouring.

He and the rest of the club need to start managing the expectation levels far better than they are. We are at the wrong end of the table, playing shit, looing unfit and clueless yet he talks of promotion and play-offs. WTF??? Gobshiteometer goes right off the scale!

As has been said elsewhere. Stop talking and start delivering.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 23 Oct 2009 15:48

I did enjoy the first half against Burton Albion. Then agains they are a League 2 side, just up from the Conference. Maybe The Bodger has found his true level?

It sure as hell isn't the Championship that's for sure. Yet more arrogant bullshit cr@p from the king of bullshit cr@p!!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Oct 2009 16:20

I know someone who sat on the same table as Mr Mad at a social event recently and John is not a happy man.

I don't think he's enjoying it..........and I don't mean the meal. :wink:

size 12

by size 12 » 23 Oct 2009 16:28

Gordons Cumming I know someone who sat on the same table as Mr Mad at a social event recently and John is not a happy man.

I've heard a very similar story, along the lines of he owns a football club, but simply does not like football

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 23 Oct 2009 16:29

Gordons Cumming I know someone who sat on the same table as Mr Mad at a social event recently and John is not a happy man.

I don't think that's a surprise to anyone.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 23 Oct 2009 16:38

I have supported BR but I must say what worries me is the chopping and changing of players and the extremely odd substitutions.

If it were me I would choose my best 11 and then keep playing them (even if they lose) because they need to learn to play together. This takes time and constantly changing smacks of sheer panic.

Few of us on here will agree what that best 11 is but he has had enough time to view the players now and see them in training so if he doesn't know yet he never will.

To me Sig and Karacan have been the best two players this season and yet they were both dropped on Tuesday night.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 23 Oct 2009 16:46

winchester_royal
Alan Partridge

He wasn't such a cock.

I'm not saying Rodgers has done a gr8 job, coz he hasn't. I'm not saying his signings have been shrewd, coz they haven't.

All I'm objecting to is that he can't say anything these days without fans screaming bloody murder.
Oh, and TBH I reckon that most fans could do a better job than lots of managers out there. :wink:

I'm sure there's plenty he could say that would not attract criticism.

But when he says a load of complete and utter bollocks like the fans are enjoying it, he will, rightly, get slaughtered.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Oct 2009 16:47

Song for Monday then "We're not enjoying this, we're not enjoying this" - just so he gets the message, like.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Oct 2009 16:49

You sure the East Stand can handle big words like that?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Oct 2009 16:53

Good point.

How about "What a load of rubbish" ?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Oct 2009 16:53

Dirk Gently

I don't think that's a surprise to anyone.

Not attempting to surprise, just inform.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Oct 2009 16:54

Royal Lady Good point.

How about "What a load of rubbish" ?

That was I call our bin men here in Lower Earley.

Waste( :wink: ) of space.

HTH