RODGERS OUT. END OF

467 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RODGERS OUT. END OF

by Ian Royal » 24 Oct 2009 18:38

THREE POINT FIVE MILLION POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Oct 2009 18:39

Ian Royal THREE POINT FIVE MILLION POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two points:

1. We spent no where near that much up-front, and TBH that's not much money these days, especially considering the amount of money coming into the club.

2. Wages are also are factor.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Oct 2009 18:46

"highly thought of in world football"??? What the devil are you on about w_r?

HE brought in 7 players - HE shipped out half a dozen - HE isn't playing the youngsters any more. Don't you think Mr Mad would have been really happy to pay the youngsters to play? They'd be a damned sight cheaper than the wages he's currently playing, I'm pretty sure about that.

Rodgers has created this mess with his purchases, with shipping players out on loan and with his non-stop garbage to the press.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 24 Oct 2009 18:49

Royal Lady "highly thought of in world football"??? What the devil are you on about w_r?

I am talking about his reputation in world football darling.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Oct 2009 18:50

Yes, I gathered that and I don't understand what you mean. Other than Mourinho, I doubt there's anyone in Europe or beyond who's even heard of him. :roll:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 24 Oct 2009 18:51

Royal Lady Yes, I gathered that and I don't understand what you mean. Other than Mourinho, I doubt there's anyone in Europe or beyond who's even heard of him. :roll:

That's a shame. Given he was Chelsea's main academy and reserve team coach I assume some people must have heard of him.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 24 Oct 2009 18:52

You've only got to see the players he's bought: Rasiak (Southampton League 1), Cummings (crap beyond belief), Howard (pub league fitness), McAnuff (hides).
These are indefensible purchases and confirm utterly and completely and above anything else that we are not safe in his hands. No more arguments. End of.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 24 Oct 2009 19:04

They may not be anything special, but Rasiak, McAnuff and Howard are championship players who should be helping us to be a mid-table side. They should be achieving more.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Oct 2009 19:09

winchester_royal
Royal Lady Yes, I gathered that and I don't understand what you mean. Other than Mourinho, I doubt there's anyone in Europe or beyond who's even heard of him. :roll:

That's a shame. Given he was Chelsea's main academy and reserve team coach I assume some people must have heard of him.

Why throughout the world? How many times have the academy and reserves played teams from across the world? :roll: Who is Man Utd's /Arsenal/Liverpool Academy coach? You must have heard of them? By your reckoning the world will know about them, but I haven't a scooby who they are.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 24 Oct 2009 19:10

The saving grace at the moment is that there are a number of very ordinary sides in the Championship and that should we put a run together we should start to climb the table.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Oct 2009 19:10

facaldaqui They may not be anything special, but Rasiak, McAnuff and Howard are championship players who should be helping us to be a mid-table side. They should be achieving more.

A good manager and coaching team get the best from their players. :wink:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 24 Oct 2009 22:54

After a few good posts the end of last week, WR is back to being his old safe again. Mindless drivel.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 24 Oct 2009 23:50

FiNeRaIn After a few good posts the end of last week, WR is back to being his old safe again. Mindless drivel.

8)

clauski

by clauski » 25 Oct 2009 00:39

winchester_royal Yep, because any other manager could walk into a club under complete upheaval, selling its best players, keeping costs as low as possible, and succeed.

IT IS AN IMPOSSIBLE JOB. WHY DO YOU THINK NO-ONE ELSE APART FROM A READING MAN WAS WILLING TO TAKE IT ON? WHO DO YOU THINK WE'LL GET WHO WILL BE ANY BETTER THAN A MAN HIGHLY THOUGHT OF ACROSS WORLD FOOTBALL?

Christ.

Plenty of managers would have taken it (and still would). Not necessarily meeting with the fans' approval but not sure that's an issue given how Rodgers has turned out. It's a tough job yes, but there are plenty of similarly tough jobs out there in football management - most managers join a club with a tough job to do because most of the time they join following a sacking.

Re your last sentence - have you been moonlighting writing match reports and the like on the official site?

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 25 Oct 2009 05:19

winchester_royal

Tbh, I'd never heard of him before he was named Reading manager. :oops:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Oct 2009 06:47

Madejski out would be a better option....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 25 Oct 2009 09:13

Come on w_r - answer my questions - I'm sick and tired of people having a go at me for "not knowing anything about football" and yet people like w_r can come up with cr@p completely unchallenged.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 25 Oct 2009 09:40

Explain the offside rule uing only handbags and plastic tampax containers.

1871royals

by 1871royals » 25 Oct 2009 11:22

To suggest Rodgers has an impossible job and blame Madjeski is an absolute joke. My opinion on Rodgers is that he is not the right guy but he needs to be given time to provide an accurate judgement.

Look at Watford - over the Summer they lost their CB/captain (Wilhamson), 2 top scorers (Raisak and Smith), Mcanuff, 3 coaches and Rodgers. After spending no money they have still managed to maintain competitive with a rookie manager. Because Malky has managed to use the loan market well and seems to know what he’s doing.

Blackpool – new manager, spent no money, flirted with relegation last season therefore RFC much more attractive prospect but they are maintaining competitive.

Swansea – new manager, lost a few coaches, Jason Scotland, Jordi Gomez (two highest goalscorers last year) and got hardly any money to spend but managing to stay mid table.

Palace – seems like they havent had money for years. I think had a transfer ban at start of the season, but still managing to do a lot better than us.

The clubs above are examples of clubs which should be doing worse than us but Rodgers has messed up. Even though we lost players Rodgers was left with a better squad than all of these clubs and spent more money than them. Also with our position last season, we should have been able to attract players a lot easier than these clubs. I didn't expect us to be in the playoffs this season but to be in the relegation zone is ridiculous.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 25 Oct 2009 12:32

Royal Lady
winchester_royal

Why throughout the world? How many times have the academy and reserves played teams from across the world? :roll: Who is Man Utd's /Arsenal/Liverpool Academy coach? You must have heard of them? By your reckoning the world will know about them, but I haven't a scooby who they are.

1. Maybe not the world, but certainly around Europe.
2. I was talking about his reputation within football. When there is a talented coach on the circuit, word spreads. Just because we as fans haven't heard of academy coaches, it doesn't mean they're not known throughout football.

Being highly thought of in the Chelsea set up is likely to get you known.

467 posts