Bad News - Very Bad News...

FLTLR
Location: RG1, but occassionally RG30 and then sometimes RG41

Re: Bad News - Very Bad News...

by FLTLR » 28 Oct 2009 00:58

Dustin Gee is DEAD. That's why the "Laughter Show with Les Dennis and Dustin Gee" didn't kind of work anymore.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 28 Oct 2009 01:05

FLTLR Dustin Gee is DEAD. That's why the "Laughter Show with Les Dennis and Dustin Gee" didn't kind of work anymore.

And that's why I used the past tense you toilet-brush haired Tory twit. Anyway, I think I was thinking of Duncan Norville in any case.....

FLTLR
Location: RG1, but occassionally RG30 and then sometimes RG41

by FLTLR » 28 Oct 2009 01:12

It's called the "BBC Light Entertainment Department". FLTLR cannot be held responsible for any output which may, or maynot, offend. For example, Crinkley Bottom FLTLR finds offensive, whereas Allo 'Allo is easily good enough humour talking about the Gastapo and Nazi Germany. Or should I get my coat???

Oops, gone a bit off-thread there, sorry. Now where's my Faulty Towers DVD "the Game's up, yes, up there, a bit of Game Pie on the Celling"...Sorry

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 28 Oct 2009 01:18

"This. Is. Typical. Absolutely typical of the kind of.....@RSE I have to put up with from you people. You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, while I'm trying to run the player's bar. Have you any idea of how much there is to do? Do you ever think of that? Of course not, you're all too busy sticking your noses into every corner, poking around for things to complain about aren't you? Well let me tell you something: this is exactly how Nazi Germany started. A lot of layabouts with nothing better to do than to cause trouble."

Who was the bloke with Lord Charles? Not Roger De Courcey, Ray something I think.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 28 Oct 2009 01:44

ALOL!!! :lol:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Oct 2009 07:34

Ray Charles??

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 28 Oct 2009 08:05

Ray Allen?

Actually Ray Charles/do you see is kinda funny.

Thou Voice is officially the Team Board's worst poster. Complete cock (copyright Schards) who states the fcking obvious and thinks he's a card.

Mind you, he'd have to go some to beat finerain on General Football.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 28 Oct 2009 10:02

Noooooooooooooo....

...I am the voice of reason, Thou Voice!

Also, why are you named after a cleaning product Lux? You sound like a bar of soap and that would just be insane talking to a bar of soap...

DO YOU SEE? :shock:

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 28 Oct 2009 11:22

Thou Voice Noooooooooooooo....

Also, why are you named after a cleaning product Lux? You sound like a bar of soap and that would just be insane talking to a bar of soap...

You've been doing your hilarious character on here since about 1998, and nobody's listening anymore you bearded cúnt.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 28 Oct 2009 12:17

General B
Thou Voice Noooooooooooooo....

You've been doing your hilarious character on here since about 1998, and nobody's listening anymore you bearded cúnt.

Actually nooooooo...

I have been here since 15 Sep 2007. This is a single, sole account and you my friend are wrooooooonnnnnnnnng...

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 28 Oct 2009 12:18

Bearded?
Fat?
Loves animation?

Or am I generalising?

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 28 Oct 2009 13:55

readingbedding Bearded?
Fat?
Loves animation?

Or am I generalising?

No, I am not Father Christmas.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 28 Oct 2009 14:13

You're Thou Voice try and understand it
Make a noise and make it clear
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
We're not gonna sit in silence
We're not gonna live with fear
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 28 Oct 2009 14:20

How great thou arse.

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 28 Oct 2009 14:29

Thou Voice Fellow Biscuit Men, I have read with sheer horror this article at SKY Sports...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 64,00.html

Highlight quotes are...

- Royals boss insists he still has the backing of the chairman

- Rodgers was also quick to point out that he had not been given a time limit to turn the club's season around.

- I have been here for 12 weeks in terms of the games and I have seen lots of promise (but) that introduction of young players and new players, we haven't found that solution quick enough yet but we are going to have to and I am very confident we will do.

...looks like we're screwed.

This could be the famous Vote of Confidence we're all waiting for!

Although

I doubt it.

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 29 Oct 2009 09:52

Cotswold Royal I have been told by someone who is supposedly ITK that he had 4 games before last night to turn it around.

Well I hope he's given until mid December as we have a lot of winnable games between now and the end of December. If we don't move up to mid table by then its difficult to see how we will avoid relegation. But I'm confident (at the moment) that by Xmas we will be mid table. A couple of signings in January and we should be safe.

Keep the faith.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 29 Oct 2009 10:05

Hello, what are these noises from Hammond?

Hammond: `Results MUST improve'

by Anthony Smith Comments (3) | Print | Email
Hard times: Royals boss Brendan Rodgers knows results must improve - or else.

ROYALS director of football Nick Hammond has stressed results still have to drastically improve despite the team's impressive performance against Leicester City.

Monday's slick display was arguably the best Reading have played this season and it eased some of the pressure on under-fire boss Brendan Rodgers.

But Royals failed to convert their chances and lost 1-0 following a classic smash-and-grab Foxes raid.
It was Reading's fourth defeat in a row and it leaves them marooned in the relegation zone ahead of a difficult trip to Coventry City this Saturday.

And Hammond warned that while Monday's performance was encouraging, it is victories they ultimately need to start climbing the table.
And, though he stopped short of saying it, it is wins that will ultimately save Rodgers' job.
Speaking exclusively to the Chronicle, Hammond said: "It was a much-improved performance and that was very, very important.

"We didn't have the rub of the green but we have to keep going and hope our luck will turn.

"We could easily have scored a few goals but the bottom line is we didn't and it is results that we will be judged on.
"It's one thing playing well, but results have to follow. Make no mistake this is a difficult position we are in and we need to start picking up wins, and quickly."

Reading have won just twice in the Championship this season and are among the lowest goalscorers in the Football League.
Rodgers was subjected to a volley of abuse during last week's humiliating 4-1 defeat at QPR when fans called for him to be sacked.
However, while there were murmurs of discontent during the Leicester defeat, the majority of supporters remained loyal right to the end.

Hammond explained: "Queens Park Rangers was a disappointing result and performance for us. We wanted to see an improvement on Monday and we did. That was very important.

"It's been a difficult period for the club in terms of results and Leicester was disappointing in terms of the manner of defeat.

"We deserved more than what we got from the game but the important thing was the improvement in performance because the previous couple of games were not good enough.

"It wasn't a great performance against Middlesbrough and it was the same when we went to West Brom and QPR when we didn't react well to a setback.

"But Monday was better and we have got to try and build on that and start climbing the table."

Royals chairman Sir John Madejski has declined to comment on Rodgers' position and Hammond also refused to be drawn on the manager's situation.

"We are where we are and we all know results have to improve," he would only say.

Reading plan to launch a detailed evaluation of the first third of the season following the crucial home game against bottom-of-the-table Ipswich Town on Saturday week.

"We're in a difficult situation but I think we can take comfort from the performance the other day," added Hammond.

"But we have another big game at Coventry on Saturday then we have Ipswich at home before another international break.

"We'll have played 16 games then and the break will give us a chance to take stock and have a closer look at the squad."

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport ... t-improve/?

Sounds like Rodgers has to bring results and sooner rather than later.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 29 Oct 2009 10:11

Nothing there really which isn't stating the obvious.

What I do like is that he doesn't refer to Rodgers directly but it's all about the "we" as if he's not putting the pressure solely at the managers feet but accepting that it's a tough situation for all. Its only a tiny thing but its quite significant I think.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 29 Oct 2009 12:20

An "evaluation" after the Ipswich game, which happens to be before an international break.

Basically Rodgers has 2 games to keep his job.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Oct 2009 13:42

Evening Post Reading plan to launch a detailed evaluation of the first third of the season following the crucial home game against bottom-of-the-table Ipswich Town on Saturday week.

I'll save them the bother of a 'detailed' analysis by delivering my own evaluation of the first third of the season: It has been f*cking dire and you've all totally cocked it all up.