Alex Pearce on the BBC.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Alex Pearce on the BBC.

by PieEater » 28 Oct 2009 08:46

The thing that irrites me about Pearce, apart from his total lack of pace, inability to head straight and absence of ball skills, is that he gives away really cheap possession by putting the ball into touch when under the slightest pressure from an attacker. Anyone else would at least get the ball under control then hoof it upfield rather than tap it into touch.

starbug

by starbug » 28 Oct 2009 08:50

PieEater The thing that irrites me about Pearce, apart from his total lack of pace, inability to head straight and absence of ball skills, is that he gives away really cheap possession by putting the ball into touch when under the slightest pressure from an attacker. Anyone else would at least get the ball under control then hoof it upfield rather than tap it into touch.

Safety First as Martin Hicks would say..

Anyway bollocks looking at JT he's got the perfect role model in Ivar

Ryn

by Ryn » 28 Oct 2009 08:54

Yes, Ivar has been outstanding for us so far this season.

:shock:

Eastkentroyal

by Eastkentroyal » 28 Oct 2009 09:29

LoyalRoyalFan Sorry if this has been mentioned before. It's from Paul Fletcher's blog.

Reading's Alex Pearce - the new John Terry?

Paul Fletcher | 10:38 UK time, Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Rodgers is obviously in a strong position from which to compare the two players, but I wonder whether Rodgers might have been shrewd to keep his observation to himself. Being compared to the England captain is a hard billing for a young player to live up to, although Pearce describes the comparison as a massive compliment.

Link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher ... tml#158631

"Rodgers might have been shrewd to keep his observation to himself" Yes Mr Fletcher I could not agree more. Brendan would perhaps not be under so much pressure from the fans if he had kept some of his other onservations to himself.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 28 Oct 2009 09:33

Ryn You can't polish a turd.

I take it you never saw Sonko's early games for us?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 28 Oct 2009 10:10

Or his latter ones for that matter Vision!

Pearce is alright. He's a good prospect, but he and Mills are just a bit too similar for my liking. A team is all about balance and partnerships that compliment each other. I don't think these two do really.

1871royals

by 1871royals » 28 Oct 2009 12:00

Vision I take it you never saw Sonko's early games for us?

I think the diff between Sonko and Pearce is that Sonko looked v clumsy but had the raw talents which could be polished.

Sonko had pace and everyone could see if he improved his decision making he would become a decent CB.

Pearce seems ridiculously slow, which means we have to defend deeper and that he has to read the game well. ATM he doesn't do that well enough. With Pearce being so slow I don't think he will ever be a regular for us unless we get a very quick CB alongside him.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Oct 2009 12:18

1871royals
Vision I take it you never saw Sonko's early games for us?

I think the diff between Sonko and Pearce is that Sonko looked v clumsy but had the raw talents which could be polished.

Sonko had pace and everyone could see if he improved his decision making he would become a decent CB.

Pearce seems ridiculously slow, which means we have to defend deeper and that he has to read the game well. ATM he doesn't do that well enough. With Pearce being so slow I don't think he will ever be a regular for us unless we get a very quick CB alongside him.

But with experience his mental speed will increase, his decision making will get better and he will read the game better. Pearce can't be much slower than Ivar and his main strengths were always that he was in the right place and doing the right thing at the right time (something he's been losing gradually for the last 2+ years)

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 28 Oct 2009 12:45

Vision

F off Nick Griffin. :wink:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 28 Oct 2009 13:54

Paul Fletcher Rodgers is obviously in a strong position from which to compare the two players, but I wonder whether Rodgers might have been shrewd to keep his observation to himself.

Tbh, Rodgers is about as shrewd as Toad of Toad Hall.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 28 Oct 2009 18:22

Vision

Racist.