Matejovsky

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Matejovsky

by RoyalBlue » 28 Oct 2009 13:51

Ian Royal
Super Kevin Bremner! Attacking midfielders give the ball away because they are there to take risks.

Watch how many times the top players in the Prem give the ball away when attempting defence splitting passes.

If they all came off then games would finish 20 all!

He sometimes dallies on the ball if the movement's not there ahead of him so that also makes him look frustrating but he's definitely the best midfielder at the club.

HOW MANY MORE TIMES YOU IRRITATING MORONS! (not directed soley at you SKB)

The complaint is that he makes far too many loose SIMPLE passes that are given away. NOT that he loses the ball with attacking passes, that is expected to a certain extent.

Now you've had your rant - would you care to quantify far too many and define 'simple' ? I suspect it's based pretty much on an individual subjective view of a particular player.

And even if it is a fair assessment, I'd still settle for that in return for the attacking passes, which don't seem particularly plentiful amongst the rest of our squad

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 28 Oct 2009 15:15

what's this all about?

Very difficult situation in the Reading FC experiencing Marek Matejovsky is to match the WBA or the team he left. "Coach probably do not fit into his concept of how to pass a basic jedenácku. The training I can break, staying on the field more and add a training levy, but did not help. When I had an offer last month from Sparta Prague, my coach told me not let that I belong among its key players. Instead, at best, only vysedávám substitutes on the bench. it can be hard to understand and for me it's very flustrující. but I have to work 100% on and break should come, he told us yesterday by phone Marek .

So that's the problem. Marek and Brendan don't agree on the concept of passing a basic jedenacku!

no wonder marek was flustrujici.

beno

by beno » 28 Oct 2009 15:42

he should play every game alongside a defensive midfielder with high stamina and work rate, who can allow marek the freedom to be the creative force through the middle, and allow him the odd missed pass which we know he will do

sigurdsson did ok against leicester but i haven't seen him enough to know what sort of midfielder he is, but i think any of cisse/gunnarsson/tabb would do the job as well

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 28 Oct 2009 15:46

Prolly a whoooosh from old Dirkers, but Marek translates into English as Mark. :wink:

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 28 Oct 2009 15:51

Royal Lady Prolly a whoooosh from old Dirkers, but Marek translates into English as Mark. :wink:

didn't know you were a czechophile rl

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 28 Oct 2009 17:48

Royal Lady Prolly a whoooosh from old Dirkers, but Marek translates into English as Mark. :wink:

Urmmmmm : not consistently it doesn't. Read it again :
Marek Matejovsky last week on Wednesday gave a very good performance in the reserve team Reading FC and immediately provoked debate as to why Mark does not play the first team. After four failures in a row is Coach Rodger under great pressure, both by management and by the Reading FC fans, and therefore further Matejovsky game called Mark, who very rarely put on the A team matches. Reading FC today to welcome home the men Liecester City, which occupies the tenth position in the table.

So did French world cup stories in 1986 talk about Pierre Beardsley? And then later about Alain Shearer? And shoudn't we then have been playing Leicester Město?

And anyway, one of the (very) few people who on HNA? who can't call me old is you - shut it!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 28 Oct 2009 18:21

The only change I would make to the team against Leicester is to bring in Karacan for Howard. Karacan has been excellent whenever he plays and can give Matejovsky the support he needs.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Oct 2009 18:41

Marek - great player but a liability.

His rash challenges will get him carded/sent off too often to make him of any use as someone to build a team around.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Oct 2009 19:00

2 world wars, 1 world cup Marek - great player but a liability.

His rash challenges will get him carded/sent off too often to make him of any use as someone to build a team around.

And how many times has he been sent off?

As for yellow cards, given that most feel that we don't want him challenging too often or rashly, is a yellow card such a bad thing if it makes him a bit more considered for the rest of that game?

He is about the only decent player left around which we could build a team around at present!

Miss him out and prepare for JM talking up our prospects for an immediate return from League 1!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Oct 2009 22:33

RoyalBlue

As for yellow cards, given that most feel that we don't want him challenging too often or rashly, is a yellow card such a bad thing if it makes him a bit more considered for the rest of that game?

He is about the only decent player left around which we could build a team around at present!

Miss him out and prepare for JM talking up our prospects for an immediate return from League 1!

When has a yellow card made him more considered?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Oct 2009 23:52

RoyalBlue

Don't have the stats. Strap? My impression is he runs around making rash challenges, giving away fouls, and geting yellows. THen when he gets a yellow he disappears... or he risks getting another.

Still I don't dislike him.

We've just never even come close to getting anyone who can tackle in midfield. Possibly Karajan I dunno.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 14 Nov 2009 18:26

Marek's back in the Czech squad and going on this badly google translated interview is a lot happier at RFC. Considering the amount of times foreign players give interviews to a newspaper back home saying they are unhappy and want to leave I'm actually relatively pleased with what Marek had to say. Hopefully his optimism (not just Madejski) will come true!

http://sportreport.lidovky.cz/navratile ... hovory_ant:

Mood had improved considerably the last three games, which finally came to Reading Groups. Before he took only sporadically and at all times fit into the nomination. "I experienced an unfortunate groin injury to me out of this phase out the season. The advance was a great competition, the coach had his players and I am in fact a lot of games with the team even traveled. The situation was not rosy," said Czech midfielder.

Consulted with his position coach Brendan Rodgers, at one point was even poised on loan to Sparta Prague. "I talked to coach and was considering further action if it might be more appropriate host. To me it was not possible. Coach told me he wants me he wants me to play, but I have to be fit. With Sparta also was not finished, it was only such oťukávání "near Matějovský.

Suffered a difficult situation bravely. "No player is not happy when he plays. Everyone wants to play. At that moment I was sorry, but I'm not the type that would make problems in some way seknul and wanted to exclude," said Matějovský.

Break was apparently hilarious duel for the reserve team. "I was completely built out, then I joined the reserve, we won 4-0 the match and I succeeded. Coach told me that when I played a good match as a reserve, so they deserve a chance for the A-team. I have three matches played the whole, I think well, and coach for me at this moment stands for. Suddenly it all turned, "she Matějovský.

A role probably played a poor team results, Reading is currently third from the end. "The performances were not as they expected before the season. When the results are not about to be a difference. BEFORE plans are different, but I still believe that we can go up, that everything reverses. We are ahead 30 rounds," hoped Matějovský.

His team haunted particular balance in the domestic field, where he won 17 games long. "I certainly have nothing like that had never been seen. It is the eternal theme of British media, yet many of our matches have been Party good.

Of course it bothers us too and we want to break you in the next match, "he Matějovský overlooking match against Blackpool, who Reading welcome break after 21 November.
Last edited by I was there at Elm Park on 14 Nov 2009 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 14 Nov 2009 19:36

So the reason Rodgers wasn't playing Matejovsky was a groin strain.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 14 Nov 2009 19:49

facaldaqui So the reason Rodgers wasn't playing Matejovsky was a groin strain.

You actually read all that? Fair play.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 14 Nov 2009 20:17

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Particularly this gem: "Mood had improved considerably the last three games, which finally came to Reading Groups".

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 15 Nov 2009 19:28

2 world wars, 1 world cup
RoyalBlue

Don't have the stats. Strap? My impression is he runs around making rash challenges, giving away fouls, and geting yellows. THen when he gets a yellow he disappears... or he risks getting another.

Still I don't dislike him.

We've just never even come close to getting anyone who can tackle in midfield. Possibly Karajan I dunno.

Marek's undeniably got great technique there's no doubt but i just dont think he is suited to the English game and at Reading. He hasn't played particularly badly when picked (though Peterborough away springs to mind) but i havent seen anything to suggest he is the 'cog' in our machine. I cant think of any moment during his time at RFC that he has changed a game in terms of supplying goals or even big chances. Its all very well lauding his technique and crowing over slide rule passes that dont really open up defences - he has to demonstrate his abilities far beyond what he is currently producing otherwise for me its just a luxury player on board.Glyfi for me should occupy the spot in the centre of midfield, i really cant believe he is shunted out on the wing where his lack of pace is exposed- bring Henry back there!

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 16 Nov 2009 10:39

These playmaker types look poor when they struggle to get their game together, even among the best of them. Johnny Haynes could look a crap player on occasions because his first thought was to be ambitious with every pass. On the other hand your average tenacious midfielder can look as if he is playing half decent when he is not.
Marek is a bit odd though because he doesn`t necessarily have a bad ninety minutes, just periods within the game when he cannot make the simplest pass.

Ryn

by Ryn » 17 Nov 2009 10:25

I often think that if the rest of the team had a bit more movement about them, less of Marek's passes would go astray.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Nov 2009 19:59

Ryn I often think that if the rest of the team had a bit more movement about them, less of Marek's passes would go astray.

Fewer and it wouldn't cut out the irritating ones where the pass is easy and he just punts it out of play or straight at an opposition player.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Nov 2009 10:43

i just think hes a very up and down player- some games awesome, some games poor- hopefully that will improve with games, and as his understanding with the players around him increases, but in essence i think thats "just how he is"