Reading want Hart

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Reading want Hart

by TFF » 28 Oct 2009 23:17

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Po ... 03861.html

Portsmouth boss Paul Hart has emerged as a shock candidate to take charge at Championship side Reading.

The former Nottingham Forest chief has guided Pompey to the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup despite the transfer embargo, persistent doubts over the club's ownership and the arrival of Director of Football Avram Grant - over Hart's head.

Reading insist they are fully behind under-fire coach Brendan Rodgers, even though the Royals have slipped into the bottom three in the Championship having lost their last four games. They have won just twice in their 14 league outings.

But Hart has won admirers at the Madejski for the job he has done at Fratton Park by keeping the players motivated in difficult circumstances.

Of their last six games Portsmouth have won three - including their thumping 4-0 win over Stoke on Tuesday night - drawn two and lost only one.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Reading want Hart

by winchester_royal » 29 Oct 2009 00:09

TBF he's done well under extreme cost-cutting circumstances. Perfect for Mr Mad then.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 29 Oct 2009 01:30

Stories like this are good, even if they are total bull.

Reminds BR that his job is by no means safe

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 29 Oct 2009 01:33

+1 on the face palm.

Could Hart bring T.Smith with him ?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Oct 2009 07:42

Complete and utter cr*p of a story even if he does fit Madejski's latest management profile of cheap and useless.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 29 Oct 2009 09:07

I feel a bit sorry for Paul Hart at Pompey, to be fair to their fans they've been supportive of him and most understand that the bloke is on a massive hiding to nothing. Did a good job for Forest and i think in the circumstances he's doing OK for Portsmouth.

Having said that I doubt there is any truth in this story at all. Lots needs to happen before it's even possibly a reality.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 29 Oct 2009 09:14

What a great story!!

Portsmouth boss Paul Hart has emerged as a shock candidate to take charge at Championship side Reading.

The former Nottingham Forest chief has guided Pompey to the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup despite the transfer embargo, persistent doubts over the club's ownership and the arrival of Director of Football Avram Grant - over Hart's head.

Reading insist they are fully behind under-fire coach Brendan Rodgers, even though the Royals have slipped into the bottom three in the Championship having lost their last four games. They have won just twice in their 14 league outings.

But Hart has won admirers at the Madejski for the job he has done at Fratton Park by keeping the players motivated in difficult circumstances.

Of their last six games Portsmouth have won three - including their thumping 4-0 win over Stoke on Tuesday night - drawn two and lost only one.

I especially love that bit; how long has the "embargo" been in force?? 48hours now?? Phew - fantastic job Paul...........

I agree however that there is merit to this sort of story - its a reminder to those reading fans who want BR out that sometimes its not always good to get what they wished for....................

:wink:

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 29 Oct 2009 09:39

Seriously just fck off. No way!! Stay the fck away!

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 29 Oct 2009 10:39

Deathy Seriously just fck off. No way!! Stay the fck away!

Agreed! Pompey fans are hoping this is true. They want him out.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 29 Oct 2009 14:00

Mr Angry What a great story!!

I especially love that bit; how long has the "embargo" been in force?? 48hours now?? Phew - fantastic job Paul...........

I agree however that there is merit to this sort of story - its a reminder to those reading fans who want BR out that sometimes its not always good to get what they wished for....................

Actually, it's been in place since the 15th October, but nobody at the club told him!

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 29 Oct 2009 14:11

The Surgeon of Crowthorne
Mr Angry What a great story!!

Actually, it's been in place since the 15th October, but nobody at the club told him!

What differences does it make?! The window is closed... :|

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 29 Oct 2009 14:15

Well i suppose to them it matters as they were trying to sign Bopp as a free agent.

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 29 Oct 2009 14:20

Geekins Well i suppose to them it matters as they were trying to sign Bopp as a free agent.

Eugene Bopp who couldn't get a game for Crewe?

Jesus... :shock:

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 29 Oct 2009 14:22

Thomas L'Heureux
Geekins Well i suppose to them it matters as they were trying to sign Bopp as a free agent.

Ex Forest. Isn't like 102 now? Seems to have been around for that long.

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 29 Oct 2009 14:22

(.)Boobies(.)
Thomas L'Heureux

Ex Forest. Isn't like 102 now? Seems to have been around for that long.

I thought a transfer embargo was meant to be a punishment? In this case it's worked out for the better...

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 29 Oct 2009 14:42

just when you think things can,t get any worse...... :cry:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Oct 2009 16:06

Bopp was only going to get a short term deal to help out with the injury problems they have there.

runrunrunrungilksey

by runrunrunrungilksey » 29 Oct 2009 18:09

Mike Hunt +1 on the face palm.

Could Hart bring T.Smith with him ?

I would love it but sadly not going to happen, by all reports he is a real fans fav there now price is prob now £4m!!!

southstand67

Paul Hart next manager?

by southstand67 » 30 Oct 2009 10:51

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Paul Hart next manager?

by Geekins » 30 Oct 2009 10:53

southstand67 http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11673_5660524,00.html -Just off the sky website.

MMMMAAAAGGGGGSSSSSSSS!

It's already on UFR&G